INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc and psp  (Read 3322 times)

SOULCHYLD78

mc and psp
« on: April 30, 2005, 10:10:35 am »

I downloaded this software a couple of days ago and it works great! My question is, however: I would like to be able to download (and play!) my movies and videos already saved to my computer on my psp. I tried the drop/transfer box,
but they still won't play. Someone PLEASE help!!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: mc and psp
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 10:36:25 am »

Make sure you have the latest build of MC11.  It's in a thread near the top of this board.

Then click on handhelds in the Action Window.  You should be able to drag files to it.  Test audio and images, too, if you can to see if it's just a format problem.  Try a search for PSP here, too.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 11:11:27 am »

One more thing.  You have to set the PSP to be a removeable drive.  Go to settings on the PSP and choose USB connection.

If you're trying to play videos, make sure the format is compatible with the PSP.

Make sure you have the latest build of MC11.  When you post next time, please copy your system info from MC help and paste it here.

SOULCHYLD78

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 12:29:32 pm »

Thank you. Another question I have for you is, what type of format DOES the psp support as it relates to video, and if what I have is not the correct type of format, how do I format it properly? I'm kind of new to all of this, but I do know a lot of friends of mine who bought psps for more than just gaming who have this same problem. (Maybe you guys could also do a help section just for this, because as more and more people are led to your site and MC for help with their psps, more and more people will be asking you guys this same question.)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 02:55:19 pm »

From the Sony PSP specifications page:
http://www.us.playstation.com/consoles.aspx?id=4

Codecs:

[Video]: "UMD": H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level3

[Video]: "Memory Stick": MPEG-4 SP,AAC

[Music]: "UMD": linear PCM,ATRAC3plus™

[Music]: "Memory Stick": ATRAC3plus™,MP3(MPEG1/2 Layer3)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:36:51 pm »

There are some very specific specs for the mp4 files that the PSP will play. The 4x3 aspect ratio video needs to be converted to 320x240 and the frame rate has to be 29.97 or 15 fps. There are also some limits on bit rate for both video and audio. That said, I converted a 10 minute .vob to psp format (320 x 240, 29.97 fps, about 27 megs output file size) with quicktime pro and it worked fine. One can supposedly do this with ffmpeg as well however the command line options are daunting (for me anyway). Given the size of the output file it seems that a 90 minute movie ought to fit on a 256 mb stick.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 04:16:05 pm »

MC11 can't transfer or do anything else with psp video.
Just cant handle the format. Treats it like audio and moves it to wrong folder on psp.

But it can transfer music and pictures :-\
psp support is at 66% in MC11 at the moment.

another bug:

Transfer speed is not shown right:
Transfer window says 0,10 mb/s, small bug i guess

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 04:28:11 pm »

MC11 can't transfer or do anything else with psp video.
Just cant handle the format. Treats it like audio and moves it to wrong folder on psp.

But it can transfer music and pictures :-\
psp support is at 66% in MC11 at the moment.
What format?  What extension?  What build of MC are you using?  If not the latest, please try it.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 05:05:35 pm »

playing psp video in MC11.0.271 gives just audio, and MC treats it like audio as i wrote.

Video:

MPEG-4 SP,AAC (MP4 files)

you can dl this and verify:

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 02:33:10 pm »

I could not get the download you pointed out. The site has been overloaded all day. However, I think I see what the problem was and have fixed it in tonight's build.  Please let me know if it is not working.

Thanks,

Steve

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 07:10:22 pm »

Latest build 274  transfers video to the correct folder on PSP. Thanks!

But the .THM file is still not transfered or renamed like the video (no thumbnail on PSP), transfer speed is still not shown right, progress bar and time remaining is also wrong.

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 12:36:34 pm »

transfer speed is still not shown right, progress bar and time remaining is also wrong.

This is fixed tonight.

But the .THM file is still not transfered or renamed like the video (no thumbnail on PSP)

Can you get this to work using any other application? I used the app that came with the PSP but did not see thumbnails. Where are you seeing the thumbnail? I am looking for it as soon as I select 'Video'.

Steve

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 08:29:30 am »

Here is some quick info on .THM files:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/games_tips854.html

My PSP did not come with any app, so i don't know about the one you use.

I prefer the free PSPvideo9 for my PSP transcoding. It supports and creates .THM files by default, and you can even create your own custom .THM files, aka thumbnails.(The dl section is working again).

Thank you again for improving the PSP support!

SteveG

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 02:20:46 pm »

MC does not have currently have a way to create THM files. In tonight's build, MC will allow thm files to transfer to PSP. If you have a THM and an associated mp4 file, we should now handle thumbnails.
Pages: [1]   Go Up