INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSNPlayingNow 0.1b. New MSN Messenger 7.0 Plugin ("What i'm listening now")  (Read 1515 times)

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...

Hi guys,

Now you have a new plugin, to whom it may be of interest, which uses the new feature for MSN Messenger 7 "What i'm listening now".

What it basically does is, after you've activated this feature in Messenger, the plugin basically shows the song you're currently playing to your contacts' Messenger window with the db fields and format string you prefer (currently restricted to 3 fields).  Simple and nice, isn't it?. 

Microsoft Messenger's programming interface restricts the shown string to 256 characters on total but that shouldn't be a heavy restriction for most of us.

This little application is on it's early stage of development but i've tested it locally and on remote systems (thanks ByteStar!!!) and seems to be working correctly so far.

Unfortunately i don't have an ftp server so i'll post it through the MC's Gmail account that kindly has been created for this puroposes or if you want i can send it at request through my e-mail address. Installer is less than 300K.

If you've got any comment or suggestion, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers!.

Hugo

Foreal

hey hugo How Exactly did you get it to work? Cause I tried following your instuctions...and it didn't work

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...

you should check version 0.3 on MC's Gmail account.  Version 0.4 seems to have some issues yet.

For more info check thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27252.0

Regards,

Hugo
Pages: [1]   Go Up