INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.256 Release Candidate  (Read 4630 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.256 Release Candidate
« on: May 04, 2005, 05:07:55 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110256.exe

11.0.256 (5/4/05)

1. Changed: On-screen display text uses mixed case instead of all upper case.
2. Fixed: Shell extensions would not work properly in some cases.
3. Fixed: In "Customize Current View", removing a column would discard column order changes that were just made.
4. Fixed: Switching modes with Ctrl+[1...5] could fail to work logically in some cases.
5. Fixed: Z skin did not have a handle on horizontal sliders.
6. Fixed: Handheld options page allowed typing in the conversion mode drop-list
7. Fixed: When switching between options on the Handheld options page, the encoding options would be overpopulated and a change dialogue would be presented incorrectly.
8. Changed: Added more between tracks durations to playback between tracks mode for finer control of times under one second.
9. Changed: Allow setting of between tracks duration when in "Standard (gapped)" mode.
10. Fixed: When playing a playlist from My Computer, the last track on the playlist would start playing instead of the first.
11. Changed: MC will assume AVI files have video content (media type of "Video"), even when the video stream can not be properly parsed.
12. Fixed: Partially transparent drag image could be illogically offset from mouse pointer in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- could not reproduce, so please let us know)
13. Fixed: Dropping files onto MC for actions that show a menu of actions wouldn't work if MC was not in the foreground.
14. Fixed: When a search / smartlist was scrolled right, the menu shown would not always be for the correct item.
15. Changed: WMDM device interaction with MC.
16. Fixed: Some drop lists would only open with an item height of one.
17. NEW: Help file updated for v11. (thanks Lise!)

11.0.255 (5/3/05)

1. Fixed: Install Wizard wouldn't properly shut down Media Server before running installation.
2. Changed: Install Wizard won't continue setup if Media Center is currently running.
3. Fixed: File associations could fail to work in some cases. (double-click in Explorer, etc.)
4. NEW: Added debug logging to Library Server.
5. NEW: More core MMX drawing engine improvements.
6. Changed: Shuffle and continuous modes are now independent for each playback zone.

11.0.254 (5/2/05)

1. Fixed: Deleting files from library browser could cause a crash in some cases.
2. Fixed: When editing the name or filename fields, the edit control text would not be automatically selected.
3. NEW: Improved performance of core MMX drawing engine for all images / skin items.
4. Changed: Library browser no longer uses slower bicubic resizing for thumbnails to improve performance.
5. Fixed: Startup volume setting would not work properly when using "internal volume" setting or when starting with not the first zone.
6. Changed: Imports happen in the order files are found instead of in random order. (makes 'Recently Imported' more useful, and could help performance with some drives)
7. Fixed: Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase All... was not working properly in some cases.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 11.0.256 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 05:30:18 pm »

Windows XP is showing the default unregistered icon for all Media Center File Types.  I have tried changing it from Tools>Folder Options>File Types, rebuilt the icon cache, rebooted, reinstalled MC11, still can't get the MC11 file type icon to show.  All the settings point to HD:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Default Art\fileimage.ico but it's just not showing.

My icon problems were in fact tracable to MC11 installer!

Deleting the following Registry entry restored the icon:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MediaJukebox.File\ShellEx\IconHandler]
@="{B327765E-D724-4347-8B16-78AE18552FC3}"

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 05:33:22 pm »

13. Fixed: Dropping files onto MC for actions that show a menu of actions wouldn't work if MC was not in the foreground.

Something is broken.  Did a single file, MP3 drag from Windows Explorer to MC's Playing Now (org tree) node, select Play or Add to Playing now (popup menu) and got/get a very weird Informaton dialog box that just says "ASDF" - what's that?  Click Ok button and get 'Working' dialog box and finally adds the track(s) to Playing Now.  That's problem # 1.

#2 is that MC still I M P O R T S the track(s) and then Plays or Adds it to Playing Now.  It should N O T  I M P O R T it.  I've reported this many times.  Do this same drag to the Playing Now content window (on the right) and it adds it to the playing now playlist (and that's all it does, like it should - it does NOT IMPORT it).  I do have "Automatically Import files..." turned off (unchecked).  Emphasis added to attract attention to the fact the importing is the problem (when dragging to Playing Now).

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 05:44:55 pm »

I know people mentioned something to do with images before, but should it not show the images in the file properties in the action panel when you're connecting remotely to the library? it's not doing it for me, though it DOES display the cover art when you play the track now, which it didn't seem to be doing before...

IanG

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 06:10:14 pm »

12. Fixed: Partially transparent drag image could be illogically offset from mouse pointer in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- could not reproduce, so please let us know)

'fraid not!  There's no change to the offset in the left hand pane, but the drag image in playlists  is now way off.  Audio playlists were ok before, but they're not now  :(

Ian G.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 06:14:35 pm »

...that just says "ASDF" - what's that?

"asdfghjkl;"  I'll never forget that from middle school typing class.  (Also, angry, sullen, depressed, and frustrated among others.)

On a more serious note, Rotating Images while you are playing the images back still doesn't work as expected for toolbar buttons.  Any chance of getting this fixed?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 08:39:43 pm »

2. Fixed: Shell extensions would not work properly in some cases.

Working fine now - thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 09:05:49 pm »

'fraid not!  There's no change to the offset in the left hand pane, but the drag image in playlists  is now way off.  Audio playlists were ok before, but they're not now  :(

Ian G.

Could you post your system info?  Also, what are the coordinates of your monitor(s)? (look at desktop > right-click > properties... > picture of monitors)

Thanks.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 09:31:55 pm »

1. DVDs don’t show up in the media library. They show up and can be played from Drives and Devices, but can’t be imported. For example I can playthe VTS_01_1 file from drives and devices and even change the “Name” and Genre” fields, but when I select import into library the file doesn’t import. No error, it just doesn’t show up in the Media Library section of the tree.

2. Can’t play a DVD from a network share. The same DVD plays fine from a local hard drive.

3. The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

4. Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as some large number that bears no correspondence to the actual bitrate.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 10:00:57 pm »

My View Scheme has Artists and Albums on top.
I click on an album to select it, and it's tracks show up below. Great.
Then I CTRL-A to select them all. They all show up below. Great.
Then I CTRL-Click one album to deselect it. But it's tracks remain in the list below. NOT Great.
BUT, this is because the top line "All ( 8 )" is still selected as a result of the "CTRL-A" Select All operation. SO, it would be better if "CTRL-A would select all the individual line items and ensure that the top summary line was NOT selected.

Cheers,
Jeff

BTW, Thanks for changing the Standard (Gapped) playback prereference. PERFECT! You guys continue to rock!

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 11:45:52 pm »

There's just a couple of minor issues that have been occurring for a few builds now:

a) When the Action Window is set to "Image" and the selected playlist is Recently Played, when right-clicking on differing tracks often the window will disappear immediately. It seems temperamental, sometimes it stays up, though mostly it doesn't.

b) When a track is selected in any group/playlist from the Organisation Tree and hovering over a field in the Tag Info Action Window, when a fields' details isn't fully displayed, a tooltip-type yellow bubble usually appears showing the full info. However, currently this is quite temperamental as well, as it doesn't always show.

Hopefully I've explained those well enough to comprehend..

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 12:34:49 am »

Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)

Not the case for me. Click on download and nothing happens. What should happen? Should download manager start up? Or the "Save to..." dialogue? Is this only me?

1. DVDs don’t show up in the media library. They show up and can be played from Drives and Devices, but can’t be imported.

Not the case for me. This is working fine. Just make sure that you are looking at the right view scheme  and not just your normal video sceheme. It needs to have rules to show removable volumes, show stuff from the CD databse and be of video type:
[Removable]=>=0 ~d=mc [Media Type]=[Video]

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 02:44:31 am »

The handheld stuff isn't quite right:

I'd reset all my handhelds, and this morning it detected the memory card in my Pocket PC.

However, it's totally misreporting the path of the files when you highlight the handheld in the tree.

For instance, this one is almost correct:

Hellofatester\01 - Every Day.mp3

BUT it should have "music" as the top level directory.

But this one isn't:

Hellofatester\past perfect future tense\01 - obsolete.mp3

They should be stored as music\album name - "Hellofatester" and "past perfect future tense" are two different albums!

And it gets worse:

Hellofatester\past perfect future tense\Beautiful Intentions\Harmonium\_Playlists\Bleed Like Me\Counting Down The Days\Breathe In\Affirmation\Fires\From Croydon To Cuba... An Anthology CD3\Finally Woken\Vehicles & Animals\10 - Dungeness.mp3

where every single directory is an album name! (except that "_Playlists" is a playlist directory rather than an album)

They're not actually stored like that on the device, and weirdly, if you expand the tree under the device, the tree is correct, and selecting files under subtrees, they're all reported correctly - it's only when you select the device itself in the tree that you see this.

IanG

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 03:12:13 am »

Could you post your system info?  Also, what are the coordinates of your monitor(s)? (look at desktop > right-click > properties... > picture of monitors)

Thanks.

System info for my laptop (IBM T41):
Media Center Registered 11.0.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 595 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 701 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA UJDA755yDVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

The laptop's screen and the external monitor are both set to 1024 x 768, 32 bit colour.

The behaviour on the laptop  has changed - working on the built in screen there's no offset in the lh pane (i.e. it still works as it should) but the problem with dragging playlist items now occurs with both the screen and the monitor - it was only the monitor in the previous build.

Ian G.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 06:20:46 am »

This build crashes every time I plug in my MP3 player with auto-sync turned on.  It worked for the most part with the last build.
Not sure about if auto-sync is turned off, gotta run, I'll check later.  Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 07:13:01 am »

[Audible download]  Click on download and nothing happens. What should happen? Should download manager start up?
Audible downloads are managed internally, without the download manager.  It's possible this is broken.  We're still working on Audible.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 08:29:52 am »

Guys,
I am sorry. The internet connection on my home pc is broke.
It will take some time to come with the requested feedback.

I'll be back.

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

dcwebman

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 08:32:07 am »

1. Options window is messed up:

2. Aruba skin shown during install is still the old version.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1468 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1643 (xpsp2.050311-1242) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LG      CD-RW CED-8080B   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LG       CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 09:00:37 am »

Try removing the custom art you're using, and let us know if that fixes it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 09:04:16 am »

Not the case for me. Click on download and nothing happens. What should happen? Should download manager start up? Or the "Save to..." dialogue? Is this only me?

Use Service Manager to hide and reshow the Audible service.  This will make sure you have the latest version installed.

Then let us know. (maybe start a thread)

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 09:09:08 am »

Windows XP is showing the default unregistered icon for all Media Center File Types.  I have tried changing it from Tools>Folder Options>File Types, rebuilt the icon cache, rebooted, reinstalled MC11, still can't get the MC11 file type icon to show.  All the settings point to HD:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Default Art\fileimage.ico but it's just not showing.

My icon problems were in fact tracable to MC11 installer!

Deleting the following Registry entry restored the icon:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MediaJukebox.File\ShellEx\IconHandler]
@="{B327765E-D724-4347-8B16-78AE18552FC3}"

That IconHandler entry is not made by JRiver. 

It's Nero's "NeroDigitalIconHandler."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 09:17:19 am »

Jeff,
Your post and a couple of replies are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=27469.0

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 09:30:45 am »

This is happening because you are using Nuvola custom art. Something has changed with option icons in recent MC releases.

Please download updated Nuvola custom art here that fixes this problem:
Download

You can also find newest verion of these icons in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24745.0

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 10:39:56 am »

I know people mentioned something to do with images before, but should it not show the images in the file properties in the action panel when you're connecting remotely to the library? it's not doing it for me, though it DOES display the cover art when you play the track now, which it didn't seem to be doing before...

Hi Rob, I can't reproduce this. Where is your cover art stored? Inside the file or in a separate file.

j

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 10:46:09 am »

That IconHandler entry is not made by JRiver. 

It's Nero's "NeroDigitalIconHandler."

Sorry, I didn't realize Nero could be causing problems in this part of the registry.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 11:13:09 am »

I just tried to delete a track off my Ipod and got a box with a red x for an error message.  I've attached a picture.  Also, why is it showing a Creative portable instead of a picture of an Ipod?

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2519 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 576 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp.040919-1030) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.74 , Win32 Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2003 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1673S   Addr: 1:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

dcwebman

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 01:57:06 pm »

Try removing the custom art you're using, and let us know if that fixes it.

Yes, that fixed it. I reinstalled 255 (with another reboot!!) and same problem. I know it worked fine in one of the previous builds and I've been installing every one.
Jeff
Jeff

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 05:07:52 pm »

sometime clicking on dsp icon the player window is broken and have to click it again to open
Tamer

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 05:27:33 pm »

John: all my cover art is stored in the file
Pages: [1]   Go Up