INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best media streamer?  (Read 899 times)

patrad

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
best media streamer?
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:55:58 pm »

okay so I went through a lot of threads and just got confused. . . I have the following wants for a wireless media streamer. . .

It should show album art on TV with a TV output nav
OR
A nav that is REALLY easy to navigate on the device (I really doubt it possible, but some claim)

decent audio qulaity (does it exist?) I'm no audiophile, but it shouldn't sound like crap.

hopefully works with MC and the DB I have setup in MC

is this a hopeless quest?  MC11 & UPnP sound promising. . . what are the drawbacks to using MC and TwonkyVIsion together?   I know very little about twonkyvision except that it serves audio with/without PC. . . does it read tags? or what? 
thanks!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: best media streamer?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 09:39:41 am »

Hi Patrad,

This area is still pretty new. I don't think you're going to find anything that'll satisfy all your wants at the moment.

For easy navigation, MC can help a lot. Set up playlists with what you want to do, and use them.

Most devices support mp3, this is good enough for me. Some devices support WAV (I think), but you'll need good bandwidth as well.

j

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: best media streamer?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 09:44:54 am »

what are the drawbacks to using MC and TwonkyVIsion together?   I know very little about twonkyvision except that it serves audio with/without PC. . . does it read tags? or what? 

Twonkyvision does more or less what MC's built-in UPnP server does.  They are both servers, so they don't work together.  I believe you could have both installed if that's what you are asking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up