INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.258 Release Candidate  (Read 4221 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.258 Release Candidate
« on: May 05, 2005, 06:11:25 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110258.exe

11.0.258 (5/5/05)

1. Fixed: Removed debugging message box that could appear when dropping on Playing Now.
2. Changed: Retrieval of cover art off by default during import. (under Import > Advanced)
3. Changed: Help file size reduced making the final build almost 3 MB smaller.
4. Changed: Renamed Customize Current View "At This Location And Sub-Locations" to "At This Location And Similar Locations" to more accurately reflect how it works.
5. Fixed: Dropping files from Windows Explorer onto some tree locations would incorrectly import the files.
6. Changed: Updated the screen shot of of the Aruba skin to be more accurate.
7. NEW: Performing "Select All" in a pane no longer selects the "All" entry.
8. Changed: Thumbnail building no longer happens by default on import.
9. Changed: Added "Build missing thumbnails..." option back to Options > Tree & View.
10. Changed: Missing thumbnails will get built in background threads for files in a list that aren't currently visible. (capped so large libraries won't work forever)
11. Fixed: Wide and short images could cause the view header to layout the title and information too far right.
12. Fixed: When using outdated icon packages with MC, the options dialog could use incorrect item spacings. (the art will still be incorrect until it is updated for the latest MC)
13. Changed: Pressing F5 would cause the list scroll position to be lost in some views. (My Computer, etc.)
14. Optimized: Dropping large numbers of files on a handheld device is now much faster.
15. Changed: Duplicate and unsupported files are removed from the handheld transfer queue before checking if the transfer is over capacity.
16. Changed: Improved handheld messaging when there are unsupported files that need to be removed from the transfer.
16. Optimized: The "Analyzing files..." portion of handheld transfers can run at 100 to 1000 times the speed it was previously running.
17. Fixed: Handheld playlist would not be sent when doing a manual file transfer.
18. Changed: Files / playlists can only be dropped on the root of a handheld in the tree.
19. NEW: Reworked file association system to be completely version independent. (so MC 11 won't fight with MC 10 or MC 12)
20. NEW: Moved mjextman.exe to the install path to avoid conflicts with other MC versions installed
21. Changed: Portable device analyze error will show the total number of files failing transfer analysis.
22. Fixed: Crash when deleting files from some handhelds.

11.0.256 (5/4/05)

1. Changed: On-screen display text uses mixed case instead of all upper case.
2. Fixed: Shell extensions would not work properly in some cases.
3. Fixed: In "Customize Current View", removing a column would discard column order changes that were just made.
4. Fixed: Switching modes with Ctrl+[1...5] could fail to work logically in some cases.
5. Fixed: Z skin did not have a handle on horizontal sliders.
6. Fixed: Handheld options page allowed typing in the conversion mode drop-list
7. Fixed: When switching between options on the Handheld options page, the encoding options would be overpopulated and a change dialogue would be presented incorrectly.
8. Changed: Added more between tracks durations to playback between tracks mode for finer control of times under one second.
9. Changed: Allow setting of between tracks duration when in "Standard (gapped)" mode.
10. Fixed: When playing a playlist from My Computer, the last track on the playlist would start playing instead of the first.
11. Changed: MC will assume AVI files have video content (media type of "Video"), even when the video stream can not be properly parsed.
12. Fixed: Partially transparent drag image could be illogically offset from mouse pointer in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- could not reproduce, so please let us know)
13. Fixed: Dropping files onto MC for actions that show a menu of actions wouldn't work if MC was not in the foreground.
14. Fixed: When a search / smartlist was scrolled right, the menu shown would not always be for the correct item.
15. Changed: WMDM device interaction with MC.
16. Fixed: Some drop lists would only open with an item height of one.
17. NEW: Help file updated for v11. (thanks Lise!)

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.0.258 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 06:32:24 pm »

Girder users, please note:

20. NEW: Moved mjextman.exe to the install path to avoid conflicts with other MC versions installed

This also will affect others using the mjextman command set.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 10:35:50 pm »

All track details are blank when browsing my Nomad 3 jukebox in this version.

Also, I disconnected my Nomad while the device was visible in the tree and MC crashed.

Cheers
Rob

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 12:52:03 am »

I know theres still "some" work to do and I have dial-up so I havent upgraded since .234 but geeez, youre gettin close........ good job guys!!! Thanx alot!
C~~~

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 03:34:37 am »

Customize Current View functioned not if e.g. interpreter before album
is sets mc something to the desired place.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Sauzee

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 04:15:04 am »

MC hangs when I imported from a directory which included a mp4 video file.

I noticed that when it was hanging, virtual memory used by MC went up to over 700MB!

When I removed the mp4 from the directory, MC imported fine without hanging.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 04:36:36 am »

playing divix avi file crashes MC
Tamer

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 05:06:54 am »

1. The drag handle for sliders when using the Z skin have disappeared again.

2. I have a split view with 2 panes. I have set the startup property to remember my media mode, and the Startup location is Nedia Library. This only half works... which is to say it that the system honors the startup location in both panes. Which is of course the wrong thing to do. My favorite solution would be to have a Startup Location option of "Last Location(s) Viewed" to have it recall the last place I was looking in both of my view panes. Less elegant, but functional, is just to have 3 startup Location preferences, one for each potential view.

3. I tried to customize the view for all playlists at once by changing it on the root node "Playlists" and then saving it to "This Location and all Sub-Locations"... but it didn't change it in any of my playlists contained therein.

4. All afternoon (Pacific Time) on 5.5/05 I could not access YADB.

5. Interact is painfully slow, so I'm doing multiple bug reports in one message.

Cheers,
Jeff

ozmael

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 05:12:44 am »

Trying to access Tools, Options hangs MC in this build. The dialogue box starts to appear and then MC hangs.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 258. Problem persisted.

Uninstalled 258 and installed 254. Problem has gone.

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 07:57:22 am »

Lunch,

Please check in Plugin Manager that you have plugin 11.0.22. If not, do 'Check for Updates' and should improve.

Steve

EpF

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 08:10:49 am »

When I select two tracks and edit the 'name' field, I no longer get a drop-down with the two entries for me to choose from.  Is this intentional?  I seem to remember reading something about this in fixes and changes, but couldn't find it. 

If it is intentional, it creates a lot of unnecessary work, especially when you keep a lot of duplicates for a handheld, and I'd make a plea to have the old funtionality back...

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 08:28:34 am »

going back to media library by clicking back button resets media library
Tamer

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 09:20:17 am »

I think you should just have the installer add the MC directory to the Windows "Path" variable, so that it won't affect users who don't have multiple installations as badly.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 09:32:42 am »

I think you should just have the installer add the MC directory to the Windows "Path" variable, so that it won't affect users who don't have multiple installations as badly.

This would cause the same problems when there are multiple MC's installed on the machine.

This change is a necessary evil to support true multi-installs.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 09:35:31 am »

Inline tag editing is not right:

Press F2 to edit a text field tag (like Name, Album, Artist, etc), press right-arrow to remove selection, press Backspace and MC does not erase the last character, but highlights the last character.  You have to press Backspace again to erase the last character.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 10:32:31 am »

SteveG,

I only have V 18 of the nomad plugin.

However, "check for updates" says there's no updates available at this time...

where can I grab the plugin from "manually"...

cheers
Rob
Cheers
Rob

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 10:34:25 am »

This would cause the same problems when there are multiple MC's installed on the machine.

This change is a necessary evil to support true multi-installs.

True, true...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 11:54:30 am »

1- MC at times will throw focus away to other programs/windows during saves & "updating view"

I have found that this happens every time when the "Update Library (from tags)" or "Update Tags (from library)" tools are used.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 12:53:07 pm »

"Find and Replace.." in the file path is moving the files instead of changing the library info.
Even worse it brings up the windows "Replace X file with X file?" dialogue box, for each file!

Dragging files to a playlist used to highlight the playist before i dragged it. Now I just have to assume that I'm pointing to the right one.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 01:32:42 pm »

This was a fix in 256:
12. Fixed: Partially transparent drag image could be illogically offset from mouse pointer in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- could not reproduce, so please let us know)

Unfortunately I did not see any change.

MC still works as described in the thread 'dragging things':
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27430.0

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 02:13:42 pm »

MC hangs when I imported from a directory which included a mp4 video file.

I noticed that when it was hanging, virtual memory used by MC went up to over 700MB!

When I removed the mp4 from the directory, MC imported fine without hanging.

MP4 files are analyzed by Quicktime's engine.  Can that file play with Quicktime?  Maybe try updating your Quicktime version.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 02:15:05 pm »

"Find and Replace.." in the file path is moving the files instead of changing the library info.
Even worse it brings up the windows "Replace X file with X file?" dialogue box, for each file!

Dragging files to a playlist used to highlight the playist before i dragged it. Now I just have to assume that I'm pointing to the right one.

If you change the filename field, MC will move the file to the new location.  This is by design. (it's how "Rename From Info" works for example)

If the file is a broken link, MC will attempt to "connect" at the destination location.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2005, 02:16:22 pm »

When I select two tracks and edit the 'name' field, I no longer get a drop-down with the two entries for me to choose from.  Is this intentional?  I seem to remember reading something about this in fixes and changes, but couldn't find it. 

If it is intentional, it creates a lot of unnecessary work, especially when you keep a lot of duplicates for a handheld, and I'd make a plea to have the old funtionality back...

This is by design.  Most users use a unique name for each file, so auto-complete is not helpful.

The other consideration is that a Windows combobox with a lot of entries is quite slow, and the name field normally has more unique values than other fields.

dcwebman

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 02:19:39 pm »

If you change the filename field, MC will move the file to the new location.  This is by design. (it's how "Rename From Info" works for example)

Seems like Find and Replace should work just with the library regardless. How do you change the drive letter of the filename field without MC trying to move the file?
Jeff

UnknownID

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 02:26:39 pm »

Please check in Plugin Manager that you have plugin 11.0.22. If not, do 'Check for Updates' and should improve.

I had the v11.0.21 plugin. I deleted the plugin and reconnected my device to get the v11.0.22, but now I have v11.0.18. Upgrading backwards ?

UnknownID

SteveG

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 03:43:02 pm »

Rob and Unknown,

The problem with the plugins is fixed. Go to Plugin Manager and delete the plugin and then MC will install 11.0.22 for you.

Steve

UnknownID

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 04:58:42 pm »

The problem with the plugins is fixed. Go to Plugin Manager and delete the plugin and then MC will install 11.0.22 for you.

Steve

Thank you!

JONCAT

YADB/Analyze error?
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 05:06:29 pm »

I had some tracks that I was hoping to find in YADB; they were labled all wrong.

I tried one and was suprised to find it in YADB.

So I selected the entire album = ZERO results found.

If I tried analyzing more than 2 files, it failed, but 2 files at a time worked fine.

?

MC keeps getting better...thanks!
JC
Pages: [1]   Go Up