INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 Plugins?  (Read 1800 times)

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
MC 11 Plugins?
« on: May 09, 2005, 01:48:04 am »

Will MC 11 be able to utilize the various winamp plugins like MC10 has I've never quite been able to get Directx host to perform with the same stability of Adapt-x. Perhaps that's one of those very last finishing touches we need to be patient about.........
                                                               Best Fishes.
                                                                Chris

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 11 Plugins?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 12:09:24 am »

I would also love to see greater support for all those old winamp plugins... seeing as how there aren't really any new ones being made any more, at least winamp plugin support is no longer a moving target.

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 10:09:47 am »

I'm fairly new to MC10.  To what extent are winamp plugins importable?  I know there's a huge library of stuff for winamp out there.  Any recommendations?

Necrosis

• Recent member
  • Ogg Rules
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 09:54:00 pm »

One of my favorite Winamp/Foobar plugins that I really miss that worked /w Media Jukebox is "Crossfeed".

http://www.naivesoftware.com/software.html
I will face my fear...fear is the mind killer...I will let it pass through me.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 01:58:04 am »

a good friend of mine posted this over a year ago ---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18172

You never know, some of it may still be relevant?

-marko.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 07:54:49 am »

I'm fairly new to MC10.  To what extent are winamp plugins importable?  I know there's a huge library of stuff for winamp out there.  Any recommendations?

That's the problem - some plugins are supported and some aren't and there isn't really any rhyme or reason to it. And some of the ones that are supported don't work completely as expected.

Personally, I've had reasonable success with DSP plugins, but I find that MC has enough options here now anyway. Haven't really tried too many visualisation plugins (tried Geiss, but too glitchy in MC for my liking).

Input plugins are a mixed bag... some work fine, others cause MC to hang to crash. Depends really on the plugin/what you want to listen to.

Side Note: I've managed to get MC to play playstation sound files (PSF plugin) with reasonable stability... It's just a shame MC can't read the tags of most of the files it plays through winamp plugins...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 09:25:30 am »

Haven't really tried too many visualisation plugins (tried Geiss, but too glitchy in MC for my liking).

That could be the version you're using.  Please take a look at this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27571.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up