INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.0.266: Roku works (usually) but no WAV  (Read 2312 times)

timothyc

• Recent member
MC11.0.266: Roku works (usually) but no WAV
« on: May 14, 2005, 08:24:46 pm »

11.0.266 seems to work with the Roku Soundbridge, although the SB still needs rebooting to get it to connect successfully to your UPnP server.  Also, in this build, the WAV option for Soundbridge has disappeared.  It didn't work in the previous build, but it would be helpful if you could restore that option and get it to work for those of us who have FLAC or other lossless libraries and want to pull a lossless stream from MediaServer.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
MC11.0.266: Roku works (usually) but no WAV
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:17:08 am »

11.0.266 seems to work with the Roku Soundbridge, although the SB still needs rebooting to get it to connect successfully to your UPnP server.  Also, in this build, the WAV option for Soundbridge has disappeared.  It didn't work in the previous build, but it would be helpful if you could restore that option and get it to work for those of us who have FLAC or other lossless libraries and want to pull a lossless stream from MediaServer.

I'm still struggling with the recognize problem.

WAV probably won't be an option for transcoding, at least for a while. The WAV format  header has some info that requires converting the whole file first before filling it in. This doesn't mix with streaming. APE has the same problem.

j

mikesm

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC11.0.266: Roku works (usually) but no WAV
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 01:29:24 pm »

Does FLAC have this same problem?

Thanks,
Mike

davisford

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 09:15:34 pm »

Hi, Roku doesn't work for me with 11.0.269.  Procedure:

1) Cold Boot Roku
2) Try to Browse -- fails
3) MC11 crashes

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 09:42:59 am »

Try removing HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\J. RIver\Media Center 11 from the registry (make a backup of it first, so you can replace it if you'd like).

j

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 07:11:53 pm »

WAV probably won't be an option for transcoding, at least for a while. The WAV format  header has some info that requires converting the whole file first before filling it in. This doesn't mix with streaming. APE has the same problem.

j

Windows Media Connect is somehow able to convert WMA lossless to WAV on the fly when streaming.  I would also request the option to transcode to WAV.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:30 am »

I agree - there should be a lossless transcoding option available, it's on my list...

j

davisford

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 08:06:16 pm »

John -- the regedit did the trick.  I am ecstatic.  So far, it is working great.  Can you possibly elaborate on what the implications are of deleting that key?  It seems all of my settings are gone, and my library had to be re-imported.  I'm fine with that so long as the Roku works.  Thanks! 

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 08:57:16 am »

It's pretty much all your settings. If you look at it now, it should give clues about things you want to reset.

j

davisford

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 07:18:00 pm »

Just a brief follow-up: the regedit actually allowed me to start browsing and playing but there are some glitches to be worked out yet.  It does fail often after further testing...often, it will fail to load on the Roku side as I try to browse.  Cold reboots on the Roku will sometimes get me back to where I can browse artists again and start streaming, but there is still a problem.  I know that Roku has indicated a new firmware release is on the horizon that will fix some timing problems, so I'll stick around for that and report the results as they come in. 

The issue with MC11 crashing, however, does seem to be resolved.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 07:44:28 pm »

There seems to be a problem with the "Convert when necessary option" and the Soundbridge.  The Soundbridge can handle WAV files natively but when I stream WAV files the MC server always converts them to MP3 like all my WMA lossless files.  These are DTS multichannel WAV files that can be passed through the Soundbridge, but they are obviously no longer DTS encoded when converted to MP3.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 01:01:40 pm »

"Convert when neccesary" means "convert if the source file is not the same codec". So the WAV files get converted.

I'll be doing the next step - being smart about which codecs go with which devices - soon.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up