INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.271 Release Candidate  (Read 3194 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.271 Release Candidate
« on: May 18, 2005, 04:42:39 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110271.exe

11.0.271 (5/18/05)

1. Changed: More refinement of multimedia key handler to prevent repeat commands on some systems in certain cases.
2. Fixed: Checking for updates could replace Media Center's file associations with older file associations.
3. Changed: When using internal volume control, it is still adjustable when stopped. (but not adjustable when playing files that aren't running through the MC audio engine)
4. Changed: Added shutdown logging to help find and fix possible shutdown issues.
5. Changed: Interaction between MC and portables and naming of devices.
6. Fixed: Command lines for playback with extra spaces after the command would not work as expected.
7. Fixed: "Automatically import files" would not work properly when files were added with the File > Open... command.
8. Fixed: When viewing some Action Window pages and right-clicking on files that weren't selected, the Action Window update could kill the right-click menu.
9. Changed: Pressing Previous or Next while playback is stopped will still move the play head.

11.0.270 (5/17/05)

1. Changed: Download Manager uses the new folder browsing system.
2. Fixed: Download Manager would not import downloaded file.
3. Fixed: Download Manager kept pre-pending "(Incomplete) " to the file name each time the download did not complete.
4. Fixed: The seek bar for TV time-shifting sometimes would not return to the left after selecting "Go to the Earlest Time".
5. Fixed: Nomad II support via WMDM.
6. Fixed: For new media insertion actions, if user chose "No action" for all media types but enabled "Ask every time" option, MC didn't ask.
7. Changed: Media insertion section of devices options dialog simplified.
8. Fixed: Multimedia keys could fire twice on some systems.
9. Changed: Import confiuration dialog will show a horizontal scrollbar when necessary for long folder names.
10. Fixed: The non-item area at the bottom of a list would not update properly while dragging a column header.
11. Fixed: System dialogs could show extra ampersands in some static text boxes.
12. Fixed: Message boxes where "do not show again" was selected could still briefly blink. (introduced in 269)
13. Changed: Only wizard-type tokens get extra space after them in the search box instead of all tokens.
14. Changed: Disabled menu items only have a faint selection box on keyboard / mouse-over instead of a full color selection box.
15. Optimized: Substantial speed increases to UPnP server.
16. NEW: Added more preview mode options. (start from 30 seconds in, and also 'warp speed' mode)
17. NEW: Added "GetPlayingFile" function to zone SDK automation object. (gets display file instead of internal file)
18. Changed: "Cover Art" display doesn't change art ahead of time anymore.
19. Changed: Preview mode is automatically turned off when pressing stop.
20. Changed: WMA is no longer a streaming encoder.

11.0.269 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time (more) for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: After exiting some modeless dialogs, MC could have an error.
3. Changed: Reworked layout of Action Window sync page.
4. Fixed: Audible file transfer to iPod.
5. Fixed: Some portable devices could have mistakenly opened two Action Windows on connection.

11.0.268 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install on some systems.
3. Changed: MJExtman.exe replaced with "Media Center 11 Launcher.exe" in the system directory.
4. Fixed: Real Audio playback would not work properly with some version of Real installed.
5. Changed: The default width of the sequence column would not have enough space for numbers in the thousands.
6. Fixed: When a Mini View skin failed to load, the error messages could show an incorrect product name.
7. Fixed: With sample rate conversion enabled, playback could stutter in some cases and use more CPU than expected.
8. Fixed: Information messages boxes could popup behind Media Center in some cases.
9. NEW: Added support for .dng and .srf files.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.271 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:27:32 pm »

8. Fixed: When viewing some Action Window pages and right-clicking on files that weren't selected, the Action Window update could kill the right-click menu.

I can confirm it is fixed!!!  Good deal!!!

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:28:51 pm »

Installed 271 this eveneing, but now I notice that the UPnP conversion options are limited to MP3 and Ogg.  What happened to the WMA that I had setup in previous versions?  Was it intentional to remove that?  Unfortunately, I didn't notice what the value was set to in the last build or two, so I can't say when the other options were removed.

I have all my files in WMA Lossless, so I figure it would be better to keep the formats in the same family.

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:04:58 pm »

If I pause a file after a few minutes I get a tagging error window saying MC can't read the file that's paused but it shouldn't be tagging anything.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 02:37:53 am »

Not sure when this bug was introduced, but:

I use CSS Dream as my track info display.  If I mini-me MC and stop the current track, then start again and maximize the display, the display info changes to CD Cover Art.

Just a small buglet.

Mark

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 04:49:29 am »

Installed 271 this eveneing, but now I notice that the UPnP conversion options are limited to MP3 and Ogg.  What happened to the WMA that I had setup in previous versions?  Was it intentional to remove that?  Unfortunately, I didn't notice what the value was set to in the last build or two, so I can't say when the other options were removed.

I have all my files in WMA Lossless, so I figure it would be better to keep the formats in the same family.

I moved my answer to the UPnP thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27038.msg192515#msg192515.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 05:23:53 am »

Real media is now accepted and will import, however it will not play for me. MC tries then briefly shows "Playback aborted" in the status line of the playback display. I have Real alternative 1.37 installed.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 06:54:22 am »

1. Changed: More refinement of multimedia key handler to prevent repeat commands on some systems in certain cases.

Media keys are still repeated in mini view mode.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 07:12:30 am »

In Library Browser, when you click Files for any Genre, Artist or Album the displayed files list always selects the file (track) at the same position (row) where you click Files initially.

It acts like you left-clicked twice.  The files list used to be just displayed without 'auto-selecting' a track.

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 07:41:43 am »

I had 270 installed and just installed 271. It again asked to restart windows after. Why? I didn't have anything running related to MC. I thought this restarting was going to be minimized, if happening at all.

On another minor problem that has been happening for a long time but I just haven't brought up because it's minor. I remote desktop through to a machine where I do most of my MC tagging. I've been using it quite a bit lately. I run MC maximized. Every so often, and I wish I could figure out why, the status bar at the bottom that tells how many files are being saved and when done saving just disappears. I have to minimize MC, bring it back, and the status bar returns.
Jeff

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 10:03:32 am »

This build creates an error on the library server every time I connect.  It says that it failed to load associations file.... please reinstall.  So I deleted MC and ensured that file was deleted, it was.
Then I reinstalled and I got the same error.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 10:06:49 am »

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 10:14:15 am »

Thanks Jim, I'll keep an eye out

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 10:57:21 am »

Strange thing I've noticed in the last couple of builds (including 271):

If you are listening to a song and you click the progress bar back to the start - it fades out, then back in - but not from the start - it continues from where it left off, or maybe a bit further on...

So if you continue to do this you'll eventually get to the end of the song after clicking at the start of the progress bar a few times.

Kwake

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 11:15:24 am »

When using a Logitech keyboard with a circular volume control, changing volume works fine (very responsive) when MC11 does not have the focus...

...however within MC it responds and moves much slower (still an improvement over last build though where it would move a little ways then stop completely)...

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 12:23:01 pm »

3. Changed: When using internal volume control, it is still adjustable when stopped. (but not adjustable when playing files that aren't running through the MC audio engine)

This, plus alpha blending the highlight for disabled menu items last build... Awesome attention to details! Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up