INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Media Core error on startup (.271-.274)  (Read 1099 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Help! Media Core error on startup (.271-.274)
« on: May 20, 2005, 09:18:19 pm »

I downloaded and installed build .271, but when it tried to open, I just got the Media Core error. That was yesterday, so I didn't worry about it and just tried build .272, but that one was already pulled. So I waited until today.

Now I just downloaded and installed .274 and I'm still getting the Media Core error whenever MC tries to open. What do I do?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help! Media Core error on startup (.271-.274)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 10:29:07 pm »

Uninstall, removing registry entries.
Reboot.
Reinstall.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 12:42:45 am »

Well, that worked. For a time. Then I downloaded the Blade mini-me skin and installed it. I then inadvertently closed MC (those little buttons are a bit difficult to decipher in the Blade skin). When I tried to re-open MC, it gave me the Media Core issue again.

The only other things I did were: installed Audioscrobbler (that seemed to work fine and it logged on fine) and installed the Audible Service (which also seemed to work fine). Installing the Blade skin was the last thing I did.

Is this a known bug?

I was doing so well there for a moment. Going to uninstall and reinstall again.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 08:45:31 am »

I redid the uninstall, reboot, reinstall routine and did not install the Blade skin. That allows me to consistently open MC, but I'm getting either Media Core errors or MC simply disappearing with no error with just about everything I try to do.

I posted this in the bugs post for build .274.

This I can consistently reproduce -- when I open MC, there are a bunch of files that have no listed filename. When I click on one of them and choose "Locate - on disk (inside MC)" it takes me to C: on the directory tree. I click on M: (the network drive where my music & images are), it says "gathering info and updating view" for a few seconds, then it disappears. And I can confirm via Windows Task Manager that it is no longer running.

Also, when I try to sync with my Creative Muvo N200 -- both via Autosync and with that turned off, when I click on the Muvo N200 under Devices, it tries "Retrieving file info" for a few seconds, then gives the Media Core error:

AppName: media center.exe    AppVer: 11.0.274.0    ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180    Offset: 00011f6c

I can see this drive in Windows Explorer just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up