INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: v.279: playing now list behaviour....  (Read 827 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
v.279: playing now list behaviour....
« on: May 28, 2005, 05:22:49 am »

My 1st instinct was to post this in the bug thread, but, I'm not sure, there are times this might actually be useful, here goes...

I've got a single album in playing now, it's playing away, and I notice that all the tracks are rated bar 3 of them. I clicked on the rating column which sorted the non rated tracks to the top, then double clicked on the first file.

It began playing, I minimised MC. Imagine my surprise when the next track to play was rated 4. What's that all about then?, I thought..

Checking MC, I notice that while the track order has been shuffled by my column header click, the sequence column wasn't updated, and MC continued playing the tracks in sequential order.

OK, so I need some kind of "update order" command for this list, but there isn't one. (or is there?)

There are 3 tracks at the top of the list without rating, I select the 3rd one and drag/drop it above the 2nd one. The second I drop the file, the sequence is updated.

If I was forced to choose, I think I'd rather have the sequence update like it does with drag/drop when column headers are clicked on.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

-marko.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: v.279: playing now list behaviour....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 05:47:32 am »

Wow marko.  I'm amazed you haven't come across this one before.

It works like this by design so you can sort columns to you hearts content without changing the play order (Seq) until you explicitly ask it to via the 'Update order' command in the context menu.

I like it like that.
JLee

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 08:18:47 am »

I'll put it down to tiredness!!

I virtually never mess with files in the playing now list, sometimes I'll hit ctrl+r to mix 'em up a bit, but that's about it.

Now that I've found the update order option (I swear it wasn't there this morning ;)) all is fine.

-marko.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 08:29:34 am »

...I  swear it wasn't there this morning

-marko.
Maybe Jim deleted it.
JLee

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 09:08:31 am »

* marko chuckles...
Pages: [1]   Go Up