INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: handhelds and illegal characters  (Read 1472 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
MC11: handhelds and illegal characters
« on: June 19, 2005, 06:28:45 pm »

I just wanted to confirm that my handheld problem still exists in 297. It is explained in more detail in  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28383.0.

Can anyone else confirm this? The easiest way is to just temporarily rename the Album to include a bad path character in it, like a ":".

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 07:58:08 pm »

I just wanted to confirm that my handheld problem still exists in 297. It is explained in more detail in  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28383.0.

Can anyone else confirm this? The easiest way is to just temporarily rename the Album to include a bad path character in it, like a ":".

I can confirm this.
You need to set the device to rearrange upload folders and include 'album' in the created path. I chose 'Artist\Album'.

Also, I converted one file that is fully tagged. The converted file is missing the track# entry. The original was MP3 the converted is WMA.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:50:52 am »

GHammer and Qythyx,

Thanks for the report.

I do not think this has anything to do with conversion. I have fixed a bug that would have caused a failure to transfer files to a device if the option to create folders was enabled and the selected folders included illegal characters in the tags.

Thanks again.

Steve

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 09:10:46 am »

GHammer and Qythyx,

Thanks for the report.

I do not think this has anything to do with conversion. I have fixed a bug that would have caused a failure to transfer files to a device if the option to create folders was enabled and the selected folders included illegal characters in the tags.

Thanks again.

Steve

Anytime. I understand that it is creating the path from the album name without checking for illegal characters. And that you have fixed it.

Shall I just download .297 again or wait for a new build?

Kinda related, how about a patch instead of a complete install for upgrades/updates?

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 09:32:10 am »

GHammer,

For now, wait for a new build. After the full release, an issue like this could be handled by an update.

Steve

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC11: handhelds and illegal characters
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 10:27:54 am »

Thanks for the prompt attention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up