INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod and MC11 Troubles  (Read 1599 times)

sholmes

iPod and MC11 Troubles
« on: June 21, 2005, 02:17:01 pm »

I have an iPod 40gb (latest firmware) recognized by PC and MC11.0.292 (no ipodservice nor itunes installed).  I can trf a playlist to the iPod and play music from it using MC11.  But the iPod would skip over every song - after a second or two (no sound at all) it would go to the next song and the next and so on.  I reuilt the database several times. I deleted and recopied all the songs. I ran scandisk with PC on the iPod.  No changes.  (There was about 30gb of songs.)

I installed ipodservice and reformatted the iPod.  I used MC to trf about 100 songs.  I ejected the iPod.  iPod showed NO songs at all.  I reconnected to PC and MC showed songs.  Explorer showed songs.  I rebuilt the database, ejected and iPod played songs fine.

It would seem that MC is not building the database correctly.  I shouldn't have to rebuild each time.

Could this also be the problem with the iPod seeing the songs, but not playing them?

Any thoughts or help on this would be appreciated.

Steve

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod and MC11 Troubles
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:53:15 am »

Two possible problems.

Initialize your iPod and then transfer a few songs. Post for me what MC reports as the path for the songs you are about to transfer. After this, view the tracks on iPod from within MC. Take note of the path and browse via Explorer to your iPod and verify that the tracks are there. Post the results and lets go from there.

Steve

gpberber

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 07:23:21 am »

Hello,

I am using an iPod Shuffle with MC 11.0.309 and am having the same problems as the guy above, except that rebuilding the database does not help (I can see the mp3 files on the iPod in both Explorer and in MC and they play fine in MC, but I get an error when I try to play the iPod). I have tried a fresh Restore, deleting the iTunes DB, etc., but am having no luck.  Note that everything works fine with my 3G iPod.

Regarding the path information, it is the following in both MC and Explorer:

F:\iPod_Control\Music\F##

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Greg

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 07:47:14 am »

MC doesn't support iPod Shuffle yet.

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 03:41:55 am »

same thing for me ! IPod photo 60gb. I sync and no music on the ipod. It seems to want to treat the ipod as a removable hard disc. :(

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 08:06:55 am »

akhunaton,

If in the MC tree you see a 'Contacts' folder, MC is not recognizing your iPod as an iPod. Try running the latest iPod updater from Apple and then try again.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up