INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod - lost music  (Read 1553 times)

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
iPod - lost music
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:27:30 am »

MC11.299 and iPod 30GB

After transferring files from MC to the iPod, MC reports a sucessful transfer, but the iPod, under Settings, About, shows a large number of files have disappeared (both old ones and recently transferred ones).

MC displays these missing files in the browser OK.  By selecting Re-BUild iPod database, the iPod corrects itself and shows all the files.

Unfortunately this deletes the playlists ( and wastes time ).  Anyone else have simliar problems?

nick

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: iPod - lost music
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 02:50:27 pm »

i had problems seeing my files on the ipod too, even when mc showed them in the browser. 

I sort of gave up and installed ephpod - http://www.ephpod.com/

Once installed, hook up your ipod to the pc and let ephpod re-organize it.  I found this to cure all of my problems.  After you can see all of your files again on the pod, you can then go back to using mc if you want.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 12:57:21 pm »

nick,

Is there a certain file that always appears to be on the iPod (when viewed from MC) but never is? If so, what is the filepath on your PC for this file?

Are you synching? Do you have the option for 'Delete unselected files' checked? If so, when you sync, if you have selected certain playlists to transfer, any remaining files on iPod (that are not in those lists) will be deleted. This sounds similar to what you are describing.

Steve

Vizsla

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 12:15:32 pm »

I'm having a similar problem. I've transferred multiple CDs to the iPod through MC. MC can see them and play them, but the iPod can't. I do not synchronize or use play lists. These are standard transfers of files through MC to the iPod.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 12:18:13 pm »

Are you also using iTunes with the iPod?

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 12:41:59 pm »

Vizsla,

Isolate a track where you have this problem. Send only this track. Does it appear to transfer correctly (i.e. no errors)? If so, note the path that MC reports for this track on the iPod. Browse with Windows Explorer to that location and see if the track is actually there.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up