INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD burning from ape to mp3...  (Read 1449 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
CD burning from ape to mp3...
« on: September 19, 2005, 07:10:23 pm »

When I choose to make a data disk of files, converted from ape to mp3, it takes FOREVER creating the disk image to burn.  During this time, there is no progress bar, just a note telling me it's creating the image file and then finally, it starts burning the disk and the burning progress bar is shown.  I'd like to suggest that a progress bar be shown during the disk image creating so we know something is going on and that the process is not hung.

Also when it's done burning, I get the choice to burn another, but when I select OK to do it, it goes through the whole FOREVER image creation again, can't it use the same image file it created for the last burn?

Phillip

Re: CD burning from ape to mp3...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 03:08:43 pm »

I have the same problem, although my computer does appear to be hung.  I've left it sitting for ten minutes at a time and nothing appears to be happening.  I would love some ideas, or at least a progress bar in the next generation.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 03:11:40 pm »

Check this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24031.0

At the bottom, take a look at the Kaspersky problem.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 05:25:48 pm »

My issue is not with cd slowness. it's the time it takes to create the image file BEFORE the burn is attempted.  There is no progress bar.  I only know it's working by my processor usage and that the image file is increasing in size.

And when it finally finished making image file and the burn is complete (the burn is quite speedy), and I select to burn another copy, it rebuilds the image file before doing the burn, can't it at least re-use the image file it just created?

When I need to make multiple copies, I have MC do one burn and then I use Nero to make copies, it's so much faster that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up