INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Problems -- using with iPod and Logitech keyboard  (Read 2395 times)

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
MC Problems -- using with iPod and Logitech keyboard
« on: July 08, 2005, 03:44:01 pm »

After being away from MC for some time i got back to it the other day and i love it to pieces. However with my ipod there are problems that mean i still have to use itunes.
These are problems I have experieced and if anyone has any tips or solutions i would be most gratefull!

1) Is there a way like itunes i can "tick" each song, or "untick" to make sure it doesnt get copied to my ipod. As i have more music than space on it.  I dont want to trawl through 4k worth of mp3's and drag ones i want only. Sure theres a faster way?

2) Is there a way i can import my playlists from itunes? I have around 15 and i dont want to loose them.

3) MC doesnt work with my Logitech multimedia keys. It will stop and play but only if MC is on top maximised. If i minimise it wont respond.

Sorry to moan on, but if these problems were solved i would love you all forever!!  :D

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: MC Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 04:17:26 pm »

MC is better than iTunes if you focus on the GUI you will notice that Apple ripped MC GUI into iTunes looooooool
Tamer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 04:55:52 pm »

Please copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

Thanks.

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 11:23:16 am »

Sorry For delay

Here is the info you requested..

Media Center 11.0.297 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2404 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive I: PHILIPS  DVDRW416           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 01:59:05 pm »

3) MC doesnt work with my Logitech multimedia keys. It will stop and play but only if MC is on top maximised. If i minimise it wont respond.

If I remember correctly with all the multimedia keys shenanigans that MC went through a few months back, support for this was removed in order to properly support the wide variety of different remotes and keyboards out there (while not interfering with other functionality).

I could be remembering incorrectly though.  It is possible that this change only applied to ATI Remote Wonder controllers and not keyboards.

Just to check, do you have the Logitech iTouch software installed or not installed?  If it is installed, you didn't re-assign the keys in the Logitech software to MC's keyboard shortcuts did you?  Do you have the newest Logitech software installed?  And, this shouldn't matter for this reason, but you might want to update to the newest build of MC (currently .306).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 04:14:46 pm »

For the Logitech problem, try these:

1.  Change the option under General / Advanced for "Media Key Mode".

2.  Try a search here for other solutions provided by users.  Uninstalling Logitech software may help.

I'm moving the thread to the handhelds board because that's where the other questions belong.

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
Re: MC Problems -- using with iPod and Logitech keyboard
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 03:32:38 am »

I updated my logitech software to the latest and still it refuses to work MC when minimised. Sometimes i like playing games and play my music without having to jump back to the desktop to change track! :o

But in regards to my previous question, is there i way i can "tick" songs like itunes. I dont really want to go through all 3k+ songs and drag only ones i want (about 2k)

Chars ;)

SteveG

Re: MC Problems -- using with iPod and Logitech keyboard
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 11:26:36 am »

1) Is there a way like itunes i can "tick" each song, or "untick" to make sure it doesnt get copied to my ipod. As i have more music than space on it.  I dont want to trawl through 4k worth of mp3's and drag ones i want only. Sure theres a faster way?

Use playlists or smartlists to organize which tracks you want to send.
Pages: [1]   Go Up