INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archos Plugin  (Read 1699 times)

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Archos Plugin
« on: October 04, 2002, 09:55:49 am »

I use a Archos Jukebox Multimedia with MJ 8.382. In the Handhelds tree on the left pane only 6 of the 9 existing music directories with MP3-files are visible. Other directories (containing images) are all visible. In Windows Explorer all directories show up.

Is this a bug in MJ?
?
Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.382
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 899 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 106 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Archos Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 06:52:30 pm »

It may only show folders with music in them.  Is that a big hassle?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2002, 01:46:57 am »

Maybe my problem was not described clearly enough: On the Archos I have 9 directories with music files (all MP3's) in them, of which only 6 are displayed in MJ's left pane. But when I click left on the main-directory under which all 9 music sub-directories are organized, ALL of the files in ALL 9 sub-directories show up in one long list in the right pane, including their path-names.

MJ does display all other directories (i.e. with images) and empty directories correctly.

Any clues?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 10:56:52 am »

plopje,

My best guess is that it has to do with the permissions on those particular folders.  I can check it out more on Monday.  

Your last line "MJ does display all other..." has me a little confused.  I follow that you have 9 directories and only six display in the left tree.  Assuming this is the problem I will post more Monday.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2002, 07:38:28 am »

plopje,

Can you send me an empty copy of one of the folders that is not seen by MJ ( to steve @ jriver.com). I will check the attributes of the folder and make any appropriate modifications.

Thanks,

Stve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2002, 01:45:50 pm »

Steve,

With the sentence "MJ does display all other..." I just meant that I have several other folders on the Archos Multimedia (it can display pictures and video as well) that are displayed properly in MJ's left pane.

I don't know how to send you a copy of an empty folder. When I try, I only get a shortcut. I asume that does not help you very much.

I did some experiments but there seems no logic in it. Altering the properties of a folder does not make any difference. The file-system on the Archos is FAT32, so the folders have no user rights.

Another weird problem is that I can not play a file on the Archos by double-clicking on it (so that it shows up in the Playing Now-playlist). I can only delete or rename a file in the context-menu of a file.
To play the file in MJ on the Archos, I have to select the file in the right-pane, then go to the left pane and choose 'Play' in the context-menu.

In Explorer, the Archos shows itself as an USB-harddisk and all is normal.

Any idea's?

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 06:18:35 am »

plopje,

In regards to playing the files, I do not have the Archos model you are testing, but on all the Removable Drive players I have, if I double click the file, it begins to play. Also, if I right click and select "Play" this works as well. Could you try the right click and see if it works for you or is that what you meant by "select in right pane...".

In regards to checking the folder attributes, you are right, it will not work to send me the folder. Would you mind emailing me at steve @ jriver.com. I would like to send you a modified Plug-in that will show me the information I need for the folder attributes. If you wouldn't mind installing it and telling me what you see, I should be able to resolve this.

Thanks,

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up