INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization Menu loss  (Read 1387 times)

geoff21

• Recent member
Visualization Menu loss
« on: July 20, 2005, 11:28:53 am »

The problem is that I am missing some of the menu from the dropdown menu in the Playing Now Pane. It should be as follows:

Correct (Client)                       Wrong (Server)
Standard View                        Standard View
Windowed                              Windowed
Full Screen                              Full Screen
Theater                                   Theater
------------------                         ------------------
Display Plugin >                      Display Plugin >
------------------                         ------------------
Visualizations >                      Config Display
Display Quality >                        etc
Visualization Studio             
------------------
Config Display
     etc
So I appear to have lost the Visualizations section of this menu. Can you help with this please JimH, I have sent you my Sys Info.

Regards
geoff21

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Visualization Menu loss
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 11:48:33 am »

You need to start music playback before the visualizations are available.

They are accessible e.g. like this: right-click the display pane > Display > Visualizations

I don't know why it is not possible to preconfigure the visualizations display.

EDIT

Actually, I think that is because not all file types can be used for running visualizations.

Also, I noticed that you have MC10. I checked the place in MC11, but I don't think it is far away from that in MC10.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »

Thanks for the reply Alex, I did know that you need to start music first but as you can see from the posting I seem to have lost a bit of the Display Pane menu when I Rt Click for Visualizations. I had a previous hiccup with the system and now can't get it to see visualizations at all, even though the files are there if I look in Explorer or Mc's Tree.

Thanks anyway

geoff21  ;)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 12:09:37 pm »

If you like to fix a possibly broken MC installation you could follow my instructions here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27914.msg194327#msg194327

Just replace the MC11 part with MC10 when installing.

If you have custom skins and/or visualizations you may want to backup them also before proceeding.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 01:55:17 pm »

Thanks Alex but looks a bit complex for me. I'm worried about losing my playlist (473 files) and setup details. Not sure yet how I can safely copy these details and re-import them. I have spent HOURS trying to sort this Visualization loss and I think perhaps I need to spend many more hours learning the complexities of MC.

Thanks again

Geoff  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 02:13:14 pm »

This may be related to mmx capability.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 02:40:41 pm »

Thanks Alex but looks a bit complex for me. I'm worried about losing my playlist (473 files) and setup details. Not sure yet how I can safely copy these details and re-import them. I have spent HOURS trying to sort this Visualization loss and I think perhaps I need to spend many more hours learning the complexities of MC.

What did happen before you lost the display options?

If an uninstall/reinstall helps it is much faster than spending hours trying to fix a broken installation. (What did you actually try to do?) Ticking a few checkboxes in MC options doesn't take very long either.

In my opinion those instructions are not very complicated. There are a few simple steps. I am pretty sure that they are safe and preserve all previous user data.

All MC playlists are included in the library backups. (File > Library > Backup Library). Actually, I would recommend making a library backup every time you have made library changes. It takes only a couple of seconds.

After a complete uninstall the configured options are reverted to the default. That is why I asked to make notes about them before uninstalling.

P.S. I suppose you have already tried to reinstall MC on top of the old installation. It is usually the first thing you could try. Sometimes just a reinstall can fix things without any further steps.

EDIT

In case you have stored media files in the program folders (which is not a default place for them) you must of course backup them separately before uninstalling and possibly deleting the folders.

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 05:58:43 am »

Hi AlexB......consider myself chastised  :(
I had been using MC and had a look at Jukebox 8. During this a C++ error came up. I closed down and restarted, opened MC and all seemed to be ok. The following day I could not get Visualizations.
I will now uninstall and re-install as you have recommended. Once I understand how the MC system handles Playlists/Library Files and where they are stored I am sure I will be able to back them up. I will also make notes of any settings made that are other than default.
Thankyou for your reply

geoff21  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up