INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony NW HD3 compatible with MC11?  (Read 1635 times)

timsmith

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Sony NW HD3 compatible with MC11?
« on: July 25, 2005, 02:44:23 am »

I have been trying to install a Sony NW HD3 walkman with MC11.  Although MC11 recognises the handheld and installs it, MC11 can transfer tracks to it (MP3), and MC11 can 'see' the tracks on it.  But... the Sony handheld does not recognise that it has any music tracks and will not play the tracks.  The Sony support site indicates that you can ONLY use the bundled Sonic Stage software.  Anyone any ideas how to fix this? Is this right?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sony NW HD3 compatible with MC11?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 08:10:53 am »

Not sure. Transfer some tracks using Sony's software and then browse with Windows Explorer to see where the files physically are. Manually copy a song to that directory using Windows Explorer and see if the device recognizes it. If so, I will post how to get MC to play nicely with this device.

Steve

timsmith

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:33:47 am »

Thanks, I will try that and get back to you

timsmith

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 06:49:01 am »

I have used the Sonic Stage software to download tracks to the Walkman and they are placed in a sub directory called OM100.  I have downloaded tracks ripped in MP3 format by MC into the same directory and they are not recognised by the handheld.  Is it possible that the bit rate used when ripping is too high?  There are no options within Sonic Stage to change the format from Atrack to Mp3....

Tim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 07:01:40 am »

I have used the Sonic Stage software to download tracks to the Walkman and they are placed in a sub directory called OM100.  I have downloaded tracks ripped in MP3 format by MC into the same directory and they are not recognised by the handheld.  Is it possible that the bit rate used when ripping is too high?  There are no options within Sonic Stage to change the format from Atrack to Mp3....
Try using IE to copy the files back onto the PC and delete them from the handheld.  Can MC play them?  What bitrate are they?  I had a Sony once that wouldn't play VBR files (as I recall).

timsmith

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 07:29:51 am »

The music files have all been ripped using MC, (and can be played by MC), ripping settings are MP3 'extreme'.  I will try the standard setting.  The NW walkmans to not have support for VBR.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 08:07:44 am »

I meant the tracks downloaded with SonicStage.  Can MC play them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up