INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualisations  (Read 2209 times)

geoff21

• Recent member
Visualisations
« on: July 31, 2005, 04:13:14 am »

Still having problems trying to use visualisations on MC 10. After a hiccup I have twice completely uninstalled MC 10, registry entries and Library details.

Having re-installed it I still cannot use Visualisations. I attempted to download 3D Visualisations from MC site and got this error:
"Failed to install package
More info:Failed to register object
C:\program Files\J River\Media Center\Visualisations\3D Visualisations\VisStudio3D.dll
URL:http://accessories.musicex.com/Mediacenter/MC_Data/Plugins/Vis_3D.zip"

Now I wonder why this is happening. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be glad

Thankyou
Geoff21

lambert282

• Recent member
Re: Visualisations
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 06:29:04 am »

No idea but if you really like to use visualisations you should install G-Force and try the free trial.

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 06:43:39 am »

Thanks Lambert282. I would like to use the Visualisations that come with the MC 10 Download as I used to. The software is installed on 2 machines at home via a Wireless Network. MC Server has been invoked and Visualisation files have been marked for "sharing". The visualisations work fine on the "Client" machine but not on the "Server" machine although I used to use them.

All the Visualisation files are listed in their correct folders and I can't see anything wrong. There is a difference between the two machines when I right click in the contents pane and look at the visualisations section. A note about these differences was posted previously under "geoff21".

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 06:50:56 am »

JimH quote:
Not all CPU's will support all visualizations.  Not all formats of music can be used with visualizations.

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 06:56:32 am »

Thing is Jim they did work before I had a hiccup whilst running Media Jukebox 8 and I got a C++ error on screen. Nothing has changed on my PC, still same CPU, still same music etc etc.

Visualisations exist. There is a + in the box next to the Plug-Ins. It seems to me that there is something wrong that is affecting the menu content in the Display Pane.

They also work on my other machine which is accessing same music Library via Media Server. This seems to be an issue that has not been found before and I am afraid it looks from the replies that it cannot be sorted  :(
geoff21

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 07:26:59 am »

Please copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 07:40:01 am »

Sys Info Jim:

Media Center Registered 10.0.173 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1254 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 753 MB, Free - 444 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: LITE-ON LTR-52327S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3540A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 08:01:50 am »

Thing is Jim they did work before I had a hiccup whilst running Media Jukebox 8 and I got a C++ error on screen. Nothing has changed on my PC, still same CPU, still same music etc etc. ...

Do you have MJ8 installed too?

MC10 and MJ8 cannot co-exist. In my experience the MJ & MC registry settings will be mixed. Only a complete uninstall of both programs and a reinstall of MC10 will fix that.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 08:38:43 am »

Alex, MJ8 has been un-installed and even the .exe file has been deleted from my downloads folder in case someone were able to run it by mistake in the future.
geoff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 08:45:57 am »

Can you explain a little more about how you're using MC?  You mention client and server.  Are you having this problem when you're connected to a remote library?  Any other software involved?  Any details might help.

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 09:10:12 am »

Thanks Jim
I've got 1 PC in the Study (Server) and 1 PC in the Lounge that I recently built (Client).
MC is inter acting fine between the two machines with no problems whatsoever. Visualisations that come with MC are able to be used on the Client machinebut no longer on the Server since I had the C++ hiccup on the Server machine whilst looking at MJ8.
The menu structure in the Display Pane is different on both machines as follows:
  Server                         Client
Standard View               Ditto
Windowed View             Ditto
Full Scrn View                 Ditto
Theater View                  Ditto
Display Plugin>               Ditto
Config Display>              Visualisations>
Config Theater>             Display Quality>
Player>                          Visualisation Studio
Quick Play                      Config Display
etc                                  etc
So you can see that in the Server Menu Visualisations>, Display Quality> and Visualisation Studio are missing from the Display Pane Menu when music is playing and these are present in the Client Machine.
Hope this sheds a bit more light on the problem
Thanks
Geoff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 09:42:16 am »

Geoff,

You could have continued your previous thread. This forum advances so fast that no one can remember what you posted two weeks ago. I had to check your posting history for finding it.

Still having problems trying to use visualisations on MC 10. After a hiccup I have twice completely uninstalled MC 10, registry entries and Library details.

I still think you may have something wrong in the registry because it has worked on the same HW/OS earlier. Those symptoms sound like that. MJ & MC save registry data at least into two different registry branches. This post might help if you like to try cleaning again: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26917.msg186615#msg186615
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 10:12:51 am »

Alex,
Thanks for the reply and please accept my apologies for not continuing my previous thread. I am quite new to Forum solution discussions and my previous thread seemed to dry up so I sort of gave up and have been trying to progress it on my own.

I will do as you suggest and check out the Registry.

Thank you again for pointing me in this direction.... let's hope it works because I love the MC software and use it all the time.  ;)

Regards

Geoff

geoff21

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 01:56:19 am »

Well I've done it all and nothing seems to get Visualisations running again. I have deleted MC completely, cleaned Registry, removed any Library files.... in fact the lot! Yesterday I spent 10 hours in total trying to sort this problem and I think it is time I gave up now although I am disappointed.

Clearly, from searching through MC the Visualisation files I am looking for are in situ. It just seems that something has happened to prevent MC from recognizing that they are there. Having deleted MC completely and cleaned Registry has naturally resulted in a "restore" having to be done but sadly it has made no difference.

I am puzzled about the Client machine, however, which is running perfectly with Visualisations. Considering that it is pulling information from this machine suggests that it is not a Library problem. I am STUCK!  :(
Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up