INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ActiveX Message on Slide Show Visualizations?  (Read 726 times)

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
ActiveX Message on Slide Show Visualizations?
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:50:50 pm »

Every time a song changes in MC11 with either of the Slide Show Visualizations turned on I get an Internet Explorer titled message box: "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?" I have to answer Yes *every time* a song changes. I found an old thread from MC8 reporting the same problem with no resolution. Am I the only one experiencing this? Any solutions?
  Oh, and I'm also seeing it when G-Force tries to display album art also.

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
Re: ActiveX Message on Slide Show Visualizations?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »

No, you're not the only one. It happens with me too.
But I didn't find any solutions...

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: ActiveX Message on Slide Show Visualizations?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 04:49:18 am »

Well, one correction here. While this happens in the Slide Show and Simple Slide Show visualizations, it does not happen as I had thought in G-Force (3.01). What I am seeing there is that cover art larger than the program's 200x200 default size for  cover art is not being resized to fit 200x200, but rather showing a blank frame where the resized cover art should appear. However, I guess I will have to write off using the Slide Show visualizations on the Windows XP platform.

I've seen other messages on the Net of similar problems. Apparently MS invented ActiveX and then decided it is too dangerous to allow its customers to use, even when the ActiveX is installed on and running on the local computer. Way to go, Bill.

And even though the message box is from Internet Explorer, there doesn't seem to be any way to set the Security there low enough or in a way that affects what's going on in Media Center. I've even tried adding my local computer on the Trusted Sites tab (192.168.x.x., \\computer\drivec, etc.), but to no avail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up