INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Media Center Failed To Load the Library "Default".  (Read 1641 times)

friendly

• Recent member
  • Don't worry, I'm friendly...
"Media Center Failed To Load the Library "Default".
« on: August 17, 2005, 11:02:20 pm »

I've been using Media Center 9.1 for a few years now, but all of a sudden it won't open...it says that it's backing up the library, then it gives the error message: "Media Center Failed To Load the Library "Default".  No matter what I do, I can't get it to open.  I looked in the Library folder, and everything seems to be intact.  Any help??  I'm not really interested in 11 right now, I'm content with how 9.1 was working for me...

Good vibes,
Eric

friendly

• Recent member
  • Don't worry, I'm friendly...
Re: "Media Center Failed To Load the Library "Default".
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:27:35 am »

So I downloaded MC11 and it said that my library was corrupted, then it asked me if I wanted a "fresh start"...I didn't know what else to do, so I said yes.  Three years of putting everything in the proper order, just the way I like it, doing replay gains on every track, and building up a Top Hits list...all gone.  This along with all my playlists, too.

After reloading a "fresh" new library, is it possible for me to just go back to MC 9.1 / 10 the way I had it set up?  I miss the "back" and "forward" buttons...is there some way to get those working again on MC 11?

Really sad right now...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 07:02:40 am »

Do you have a library backup?  MC11 makes one before it converts anything but that may have been too late.

PeterTEEEE

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:03:28 am »

Same thing happened to me (version 9.1) today. I got a dialog box that allowed me to redirect Media Center to another library. In 2004, I copied the "data" folder to "my documents."  So I tried that and it worked -- Media Center runs now. But I lost two years worth of playlists. (In all of the years that I have used Jukebox, then Media Center, I never noticed the File | Library | Backup Library option until today, dammit.)

Media Center Library Manager still refuses to open the data folder at C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data, although it is marked "default." It is using the folder from 2004 at C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Data.

Are all of my playlists at C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data? Where exactly? They are not in the "playlists" folder. If I could find them, maybe I could copy them to the C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Data folder.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 01:10:35 pm »

All library files, including playlists, live in the library folder.  You can't mix-and-match.

MC 11.1 makes automatic backups so hopefully this can't happen anymore.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up