INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic:  Restore Limit  (Read 2365 times)

Jota

• Recent member
  • O forum ainda é o melhor lugar para se tirar dúvidasInativoParticipar
 Restore Limit
« on: September 29, 2002, 08:10:37 pm »

Restore Limit Raised to 10/year
« on: Sep 23rd, 2002, 9:50pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've raised the number of restores you can do for any MJ license to ten per year.

We've also reset everyone's restore count to zero.  You're starting over now, in other words.  You can do ten restores in the next 12 months.  Each time you restore, the install key can be saved and used for 14 days.

Why?  Because we're listening and trying to accomodate your needs.  
=======================================
Restore Limit Raised to 10/year
« on: Sep 23rd, 2002, 9:50pm »  Quote  Modify  

expiration 10/07/2002

Here are the Registration Codes associated with your email address:
JRiver, Inc. Media Jukebox 8:  8 restores left.

I still am inside the 14 days

I should have 10 restoration

Jota
Brasil

Jota

• Recent member
Re:   Restore Limit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 08:31:04 pm »

JimH
Chico por favor me ajude.
GimH escreve - Todo tempo você restabelece, o instalar chave pode ser economizada e usada por 14 dias.

Se eu estou destro dos 14 dias deveria ter 10 restabelece e não 8 restabelece.

Jota
Brasil
Jota
Brasil

Endymion

• Recent member
  • I am who I have always been
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 01:25:38 am »

Jota,
 When you do a restore, you have to save the key to your hard drive so that you can do other restores during the 14 days.  If you just do the internet restore, it will use up one restore each time you do it, no matter whether you have done a restore within the previous 14 days (to the best of my knowledge).  So if you've done multiple restores via the internet without saving the key to your hard drive that would explain it.

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 04:39:37 am »

Ola Jota olhe eu agora estou usando MJ8 mas tenho uma licença ainda do MJ 7.xx q funciona nesta versão, infelizmente ñ faço a minima ideia de como funcionará mas vou tentar ver como você pode fazer. mas pelo o q eu tenho lido por ai o Endymion tem razão você tem q salvar o registo no seu disco duro ou então numa disquete para poder fazer os restores dentro desses 14 dias e ñ usar a página de restore online, mas já li também q JimH iria fazer um reset a pessoas q tivessem comprado MJ a partir de uma certa data ( ñ me lembro qual ) para 10 restores online ou seja se eles tivessem apenas 2 iriam ter novamente 10. Vá dando noticias em relação ao assunto
Made in Portugal

Jota

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 09:35:56 pm »

Valeu, agradeço por terem tirado as minhas dúvidas.

JimH, diz que o limite de restauração é para evitar pirataria, tenho certesa que nem ele mesmo acredita nisso. É apenas uma desculpa esfarrapada.

Eu Comprei MJ 8.

Tambem Tenho O MusicMarch comprei antes de conhecer o MJ,
tem uma pequena vantagem em relação o MJ não tem limite de restauração.

Espero que a versão 9 venha sem limite de restauração.

Muito obrigado.

Jota
Brasil

Jota
Brasil

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 12:39:37 am »

Hi guys!

I think your restore limit scheme is very clever... but please! put some *obvious* message on the "Restore from the internet" web page that one may restore ten times before being charged again!

I went lately through installing/uninstalling my machine's OS several times (I know, this sounds odd... but nuts happens!) and just didn't realize the story about this restoration limit. I know, I should have saved the key and used that one... but as I said, I just went pass this restoration story without realizing I was to be charged pretty soon!

So, I have been charged again... and got an e-mail announcing it (that's how I discovered about the entire story  :-/)...

As I'm a *very* happy user of MJ, ok, so be it with this extra charge (hey guys, have a beer for me  ;)!)... but I think there sould be some javascript pop-up message or intermediary page informing you about this.

Enjoy MJ playback !
Great piece of soft, guys!

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 12:52:29 am »

Well... now I don't understand anything anylonger...

I just went through the "Restore charge" topic (posted earlier in the forum) and discovered I might have it all wrong.

I did several restore between last sept. 20 and 25 and eventually got a message on sept.25 announcing "one restore has been charged". When I asked for the "restoration" e-mail, It told me I had 9 restores available afterwards.

Does the E-mail indicate I have reached the 10 restorations limit and that my CC has been charged for a new 10-restorations go... or does it just tell me I have used one of my ten restorations ? Then, how can that be, since I restored several time wihtin a couple of days...

Run, Forrest, run!  :)
Great piece of soft, guys!

nila

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 01:45:03 am »

I agree that the restore page should be tweaked slightly to include firstly a message explaining about saving the restore license and how it can be used for 15 days.

Secondly, if someone tries to do a second restore within these 15 days it should give them a warning message explaining about saving the restore key and using it each time instead of doing fresh internet restores.

Just make it so the whole restore page is basically designed for two purposes, firstly to obviously let people do restores,
but secondly, to inform them of how restores work, the things to do (ie they should, after a fresh install, wait a week or two before installing to make sure the install doesn't crash and they need to do another install and loose another restore).

Basically just try to make it so that legitimate customers, even the very stupidest of us, can understand the whole restore process and the best ways of doing restores etc even if they're never read this forum at all and are just coming to MJ for the first time having just discovered the true beauty of the MJ world :)

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 02:20:54 am »

Bem Jota no meio disto tudo penso q voce tem alguma razão nisto parece-me a mim uma maneira de disfarçar um pouco esfarrapada mas muitos revoltam-se mas eles n mudam a maneira de agir eu penso na minha modesta opinião q da maneira como era na versão 7.xx era mias correcto, você registava o produto e depois era só fazer um backup do registo e prontos podia restaurar a licença sempre q lhe apetecia e para mais pirataria há-de sempre existir e dão sempre a volta por cima.
Made in Portugal

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 08:12:01 am »

Ce.D

As I said earlier in a different thread, we never charge your credit card without you pressing the "purchase" button on the buy page.

Check the purchase faq for more details.

j

Jota

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2002, 10:17:34 am »

ChicoSelfs.

vc diz: muitos revoltam-se mas eles n mudam a maneira de agir.

O que está faltando é a gente se unir.

A gente devia criar um tópico colocando o problema em votação.  

Daí podemos mostrar aos administradores quais os participantes que estão satisfeitos com o limite de restauração,

Tambem vamos mostrar aos adminstradores quais os participantes que não estão satisfeitos com o limite de restaração.

Jota
Brasil

Jota
Brasil

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2002, 02:31:44 pm »

Eu apostaria q seriam bastantes mas este site n dá para fazer votações o hydrogenaudio dá mas a maior parte do pessoal de lá é tudo aficcionado do winamp.
Made in Portugal
Pages: [1]   Go Up