INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.313  (Read 4438 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 11.0.313
« on: August 23, 2005, 04:11:40 pm »

Media Center 11.0 has been released.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.

This latest version is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110313.exe

The public release version of Media Center 11 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

11.0.313: (8/23/05)

1. Changed: Audible smartlist is now all audible content instead of known downloaded content.
(see below for more info on this)
2. Fixed: Audible MP3 (Format 4) titles play extraneous clips before changing to a new location (I.e. when skipping to next/
last chapter).

11.0.312: (8/16/05)

1. Fixed: Process name was failing if process was using 8.3 format for the executable name.
2. Fixed: Streaming of non-mpg file type videos was failing with library server.

11.0.311 (8/8/05)

1. Fixed: Rapid spinning of mouse wheel would not scroll quickly.
2. Fixed: Audible MP3 (Format 4) titles stops playing when next/last chapter (FF/RW) buttons gets pressed in quick succession.

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Re: Media Center 11.0.313
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:26:46 pm »

I know it is only a very small bug... But, when ripping, the Show List, Status column shows what's happening.  The progress indicator goes from Ripping 1% to Ripping 100%, then back to Ripping 1% then Encoding 4% to Encoding 100% to Complete.  The rogue Ripping 1% is, I presume where the Normalising takes place and the status label is wrong??

nick

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 04:26:11 am »

2. Fixed: Audible MP3 (Format 4) titles play extraneous clips before changing to a new location (I.e. when skipping to next/
last chapter).

This works great now -- thank you so much for addressing this!  You not only fixed the "extraneous clip" issue, you also fixed the delays in hearing the new position of the track when navigating -- i.e. it's very responsive now when navigating to new locations in audible tracks, making it MUCH easier to search long Audible tracks for specific passages.

1. Changed: Audible smartlist is now all audible content instead of known downloaded content.

Are you sure this change was implemented?  I am seeing the exact same behavior as before, with only "new" audible content downloaded from within MC showing up in the Audible Smartlist.  The rules of the smartlist appear to be the same, with the "Content Distributor: Aubible" tag still controlling this list, which prevents previous Audible files from showing up in the list since they don't have this tag.  I tried "hiding" and then reinstalling the "Audible Service," but it still behaves the same way.

Thanks again,

Larry

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Still not fixed in MC11.313
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:46:50 am »

When playing a  list of music, the orange/yellow bar does not move down when changing songs.  Which means if you're watching what cover art is displayed, the same one will display and not change and will only change if you click down manually.

I'm finding that it works correctly when I click on Playing Now
but if I click on  Playlist and select my file and play from there
the bar doesn't move.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 01:07:59 pm »

I have Noticed the following chr

"—"

will be converted apon pasting into the Lyrics, Bios And Note Field to what looks to be somesort of control chr.

is there a reason for this?

And Or

can this be fixed?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:29 pm »

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 10:17:57 am »

Congratulate to JRiver this version runs under "Windows Vista" outstanding  :) up to the problems described here, not all programs which I under Vista test run so well.  :-[

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 03:15:46 pm »

Could someone possibly confirm whether or not this change was actually implemented? I'm seeing the exact same rules and behavior for the automatic "Audible Smartlist" as before.  The OTHER item (#2) did take place, but it doesn't seem like this one did.

Thanks,

Larry

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:43:13 pm »

Hi Larry,

Sorry, I forgot to post this: you must hide and then reinstall the Audible plugin, then you will see the new list.

j

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 05:37:59 pm »

Is it normal for videos and dvds to jerk and stutter when moving the mouse across the Player Bar area (Play, Pause, Volume slider, Position slider, etc.)?
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 06:26:52 pm »

Hi Larry,

Sorry, I forgot to post this: you must hide and then reinstall the Audible plugin, then you will see the new list.

j

Thank you.  It appears that you ALSO need to close MC in between hiding and reinstalling the service in order for the change to "take."  I hid and reinstalled the service and the smartlist did not change.  I then hid it, closed and restarted MC, reinstalled the service, then closed and restarted MC one more time, and it started working -- the rule is now changed to "File type = aa" and shows all Audible content.

Thanks again for addressing this,

Larry

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 07:53:28 am »

I've noticed a small thing with some cover art...  I have MC retrieve the cover art from the internet for Pink Floyd - Ummagumma and it seems to find it just fine.  However, when I try to see the image using the AW I don't see anything and when I hover over the track in the Library I get a pink square where the cover art should be. Most of the other cover art that I have is fine, just a few do this.  Any suggestions?

phatrabt

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 08:06:56 am »

I have MC retrieve the cover art from the internet for Pink Floyd - Ummagumma and it seems to find it just fine.  However, when I try to see the image using the AW I don't see anything and when I hover over the track in the Library I get a pink square where the cover art should be...

This has happened to me also:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23031.msg201232#msg201232

The actual image file is a 1x1 pixel empty jpg, but the thumbnail shown is a pink square for some reason.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 07:33:04 pm »

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 02:11:57 pm »

I have tried the image editor and found that after saving a enhanced image, some tags are deleted: i.e. the album tag.

Another thing is that after rotating an image the name tag is filled with the name of the file. It only does that if the name was empty.
But I want it to stay empty.  :-\
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 03:44:28 pm »

Thanks Marko for this thorough analysis!!

Maybe somebody from from jriver could give some feedback on priority of fixing this?

Other people struggling with the editor of maybe not using it because of the bugs???

Thnx  ...   Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 08:18:08 pm »

Here are some logistics that have bothered me dealing w/ context menus:

1) When right clicking on an image in windows (w/ MC shell integration turned on), the EDIT selection goes to the audio editor, NOT the image editor

2) The image editor is not easily available like the music editor within MC. It seems logical to have the image editor available under Tools->Advanced Tools like the other included MC programs AND under Right Click->Send To->Send To (external)
Pages: [1]   Go Up