INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod weirdness  (Read 1274 times)

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
iPod weirdness
« on: August 26, 2005, 08:44:32 pm »

OK, so I spent an hour or so updating tags, renaming files, etc. with MC11.  I created a few new smart playlists to transfer to my 40-gigger.  I used to have 1100 songs or so on there, but now the iPod only lists 394.  But what's really weird is that none of the tracks from my artist smart playlists (4-star songs from a single artist) appear in either the artist or album lists on the iPod!  The tracks are definitely there, since the playlists themselves still play.  I suspect the database is messed up somehow.  I suppose I should initialize the iPod.  Any other suggestions before I try that?

MC 11.309
iPod 3.1

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod weirdness
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 07:57:24 am »

The database is stored in a file called something like itunes.db.  Try renaming it with Explorer and then MC can rebuild it.

We're still chasing this problem, but I think it happens when iTunes is also used on the same iPod or maybe when the iPod is used with another PC that is using iTunes.  I don't think it happens when MC alone is used.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 08:00:22 am »

If it helps, I use RealPlayer 10.5 to transfer my purchased music from the RealPlayer Music Store.  Of course, I have been doing that for a few weeks now.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 08:41:56 pm »

I used the "rebuild database" option in MC, and now all is well!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up