INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "EXPORTING" playlists to PDF?? HELP!!  (Read 1917 times)

benjavienko

"EXPORTING" playlists to PDF?? HELP!!
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:14:19 am »

HI, about 6 months ago I "export" "convert" my MC playlist to PDF format. Now, I don't remember how I did it  ? :'(

It was not the form of: making a html format playlist, then convert the html to PDF. They look very different. I can show you the difference if you want to. For example, they are just 4 pages for 400 songs in the way I did, on the other hand converting the html to pdf they are more than 30 pages. That's the main reason I want to remember (I don't want 30 pages when they could be 4)

I did it, there's a way to do it. And I'm sure I did it from a MC option or something like that, it takes a while to MC to get it done. That's another difference, because making the html and convert it to PDF is very fast. But I don't care how long does it take, i don't want many pages for my playlist.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW... someone.

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re: "EXPORTING" playlists to PDF?? HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 01:31:43 pm »

I see you havent had a reply yet, so heres my two pence worth.

Are you talking about MCs document management ability, or music/image files? I know nothing about the former, although I dont think it makes any difference in this case (MC will catalogue your PDFs, but not create any).

AFAIK you cannot export an HTML playlist, or any other library element, to a PDF in MC without some external program to actually create the PDF file. At least File/Export playlist in MC11.0.309 gives no PDF option.

Perhaps you exported the playlist into HTML, opened it in another program and then further created the PDF? I know (for example) that Openoffice will do this, but Im sure there are many others.

Alternately, if you added some sort of external PDF creator program through Tools/Send To/Send to (external)/Add edit programs its possible you could have 'sent' a playlist to a PDF directly through that third program within MC (I guess).

Sorry, no clear answer. Hope it helps though.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 01:56:11 pm »

You can copy or export/import playlist contents to Excel or a similar program. If you have Adobe's Acrobat software for making pdf files installed you can print Excel pages in pdf format.

I posted an example of a pdf list here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29174.msg201650#msg201650

and you can find some Excel instructions here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27209.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 02:13:52 pm »

And to add to Alexs post (and expand on mine) presumably if you select the playlist and choose to print in MC, you could print to the Acrobat print driver direct to produce the PDF if you have it, as IIRC Adobes software installs as a printer driver.

If you are still sure you did it in MC direct, I think we need more info. However, there are plenty of ways in MC to get your playlist out in a format you can use to edit and shrink to just a few pages.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 02:34:05 pm »

I have found that a spreadsheet program is the fastest and most practical tool for adjusting the layout. A carefully adjusted letter sized page can contain about 100 lines without being too illegible. That is the "compression" ratio benjavienko was after for.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benjavienko

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 03:05:49 pm »

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS, It is with the print option then selecting PDF option. Thanks GUYS... THANKS A LOT.
 ;D :D

benjavienko

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 03:16:42 pm »

Now i will tell you why this useful for me... I use a radio ripper, and I leave the computer ripping all day long, for about 4 days.  When I see more than 300 i stop it... I listen them, I keep what I like and I erase the rest... then I repeat this process.

So, I make the PDF list in order to avoid listening music I've heard. That's the reason. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up