INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossfade burn  (Read 2949 times)

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Crossfade burn
« on: September 30, 2002, 07:07:53 am »

Can someone please put me out of my misery, I cannot find the help topic on this anywhere.

How do I create a CD with crossfades between the tracks. I know it can be done, because I did it once by accident. Trouble is can't find how to do it again.

I know I have to export tracks to temp file and use another burner like Nero.

Can naybody please explain this to me in simple language. I'm desperate.

Thanksssssssss

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crossfade burn
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 07:49:00 am »

Experiment with changing your playback option to CDwriter.  It creates wave that can then be burned to audio.  In other words, it writes to disk what you would normally play, using whatever settings you choose.

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 08:20:40 am »

Thanks - however, if I write to disk and have saved wavs, they do not fade out at the ends. I must be missing something.

I have cross fade (2.5 secs), etc set up in Med JukBox, but it is not taking the settings to the wav files created. I have been testing them in Windows Media player and no go.

Any further ideas. Thanks

Carl

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 11:27:37 am »

--Modified by me because of my bad english ;D--

CarlH try increase the crossfading time to 8 seconds, i usually use this setting but depends of the music of course
Made in Portugal

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 11:57:32 pm »

Chicoselfs - thanks - tried that - same problem. There must be something else I'm missing.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2002, 01:35:36 am »

Try press settings to see the output folder.
When you play the files with Disk writter you can hear the music playing?
Made in Portugal

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 08:11:06 am »

This is weird - ok here are my settings and comments:

- Mode  output = Disk Writer
- Output base = C:\Music\Disk Writer\
- Between tracks - Cross fade smooth (4 secs)
- NO two second gap (i.e switched off)
- Normalize tracks = 90%
- Enable track splitting on (I have tried this on and off)

I cannot hear the music when outputting in this mode.

Any more help much appreciated. Maybe the guys from Media Jukebox can add some thoughts!

Cheers

Carl

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2002, 10:09:51 am »

Wait a moment your MJ version is 8 or 9? I'm saying that because with MJ 9 i tried to do that and the output folder don't had any files at all then i tried with some other version of MJ9 and then instead of separate files i had only a huge single file with all my musics ?
Made in Portugal

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2002, 12:37:32 pm »

It's V.8.0.329 - I get all the separate files, they play fine, but with no crossfade.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2002, 02:03:44 pm »

Don't know :-/ sorry ... i give up, i don't know what is the problem because i have the same version and don't have any problem with that. Maybe Somewone have the same problem, tell it about in the post about release of MJ
Made in Portugal

RemyJ

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2002, 04:27:47 pm »

OK, this may sound like a stupid question, but...  Are you SURE there's no crossfade?  The reason I ask is that 4 seconds is not a lot of time.  If the first track has more than a few seconds between the last note and the actual end of the track and/or the second track has more than a few seconds between the actual start of the track and the first note, then MJ will be crossfading silence and you'll never hear it.  

As a test, do this...
Find a track where the last note is within 1 second of the actual end of the track.  Find a second track where the first note is within 1 second of the beginning of the track.  

If you play these tracks in order with no crossfade set, you should hear 2 seconds of silence between the last note of the first track and the first note of the second track.  

Now set crossfade to smooth and 4 seconds and play them normally.  Do you hear the crossfade?

Now play them to the diskwriter  and check them with windows media player.  Do you hear the crossfade?

Report back detailed results.   Let us know the tracks you tested with as well.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2002, 02:01:56 pm »

Hi RemyJ -

I'm SURE there's no crossfade.  I even went further to test this and used Media Editor to create two tracks (Beginning of "Valerie" - Steve Winwood and "Love is a stranger" by Eurythmics") - ended them right in the middle of loud drum / crecendo music. They faded in Media Jukebox, but when played to Diskwirter, all that happened was they stopped and started exactly where I cut them in half.

I'm tellin' ya - I'm either a complete idiot (not unfeasible!!) or I'm stuck in the software twilight zone here.

Yours, completely baffled and waiting to burn some serious crossfades.

Fandang

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2002, 02:34:53 pm »

Well i don't know what to say, please copy/paste your system info here, anyone knows if Disk writter uses soundcard to make the output wav's with crossfading? if yes maybe a updated driver... Do you have already done this with other MJ version and it worked or never worked with MJ?
Made in Portugal

RemyJ

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2002, 02:57:11 pm »

I'm thoroughly stumped as well.   I tried it again last night and it worked fine first time around.

Do you live near a nuclear power plant?
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

DJ Flutsch

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2002, 03:08:56 pm »

Hey guys !

I've just been reading your conversation. Well, I'm using another programm if I need a crossfade mix-cd. It's called: Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer @ www.acoustica.com . Here you can import your MediaJukebox playlists, then modify the crossfades as you like (fade-in faster, fade-out slower etc... ) AND edit the volumes if necessary.

Maybe this one helps  :D

Cheers,
Martin
(Berlin, Germany - should the question about where I live come up)

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2002, 03:19:09 pm »

I use that program to edit some of my tracks and to record some musics like a One-man-show you can record you playing several instruments and mix them... it's ***** stars
Made in Portugal

Alban

• Recent member
  • A Saucerful of Secrets
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2002, 04:15:57 pm »

I use CD Architect, which is a soundforge plug-in.  But that's all I use it for.

Maybe a cross-fade editor should be on the wish list.  That would be a fantastic addition, but not an inconsiderable amount of work I would imagine.
Without Music - I'd Die

carlh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2002, 09:38:07 am »

Thanks for all replies - in answer to the questions:

1) It worked in MJ fine the first time - just can't repeat it (has been a few months since I did it by accident)

2) Nearest Nuclear power plant - 160 miles (unless that strange humming next door is the neighbour's weapoms grade plutonium boiler!!)

3) I will look at the other programmes, but am pig-headed that I will get this sussed out)

System info:

OS -Windows XP Professional
Processor      - 2 AMD ~1611 Mhz
Total Physical Memory      512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory      271.45 MB
Total Virtual Memory      1.72 GB
Available Virtual Memory      1.30 GB
Page File Space      1.22 GB

Still bewildered

Fandang

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2002, 09:46:05 am »

I use CD Architect, which is a soundforge plug-in.  But that's all I use it for.

Maybe a cross-fade editor should be on the wish list.  That would be a fantastic addition, but not an inconsiderable amount of work I would imagine.

Hear, here! A cross-fade editor would be amazing!!! CD Architect was great, I still can't believe it was discontinued (please tell me i'm wrong... :'(). I'm going to check out the other software that was mentioned here, but Get It On CD works well also...nothing beats visually editing crossfades and the way Sonic Foundry approaches it is pure bliss for the end user, must be a programmer's nightmare I would imagine... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up