INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art image location vs tags... suggestion  (Read 616 times)

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover art image location vs tags... suggestion
« on: October 03, 2002, 12:17:35 am »

Hello!

Working lately on getting covert art images for my 200-odd albums, I just realized I was most likely to encounter problems with those image files' location.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the full image path is saved within the music file's tags... thus, the day this path changes (or if I access my library from a remote machine), it may be that this path is not relevant anylonger. Right ?

I was wondering whether it would not be better to use one of this two scenarios:

S.1:
1. Save only the filename (e.g. 'cover.jpg') in the music file tags
2. Build the full path using the path supplied in the "MJ File name and location settings", maybe with an additional option telling to look both in this location and in the same directory as the music file.

OR

S.2:
1. Save the full path (e.g. 'C:\Path\cover.jpg' )
2. Look for the file in the given path
3. If image not found, extract filename ('cover.jpg')
4. as in S.1.2

Though S.2 would give the advantage of remaining compliant with an already existing (but unrelevant) path. (Scenario would succeed, as long as the *filename* is correct and the MJ path setting is correct). On the other hand, wouldn't this behavior be very easy to implement in the 'cover art image lookup' routine ?

What do you think ? Am I addressing an already solved issue ?

Well... hope I did not make a fool of myself  :-[

Enjoy MJ playback!
Great piece of soft, guys!

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art image location vs tags... suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 04:31:49 am »

I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but I noticed your .sig and can only say--have you seen the M-Audio Sonica?

http://www.midiman.com/products/consumer/sonica.php

Best,
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up