INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request For Refund  (Read 2266 times)

Dieter

• Recent member
Request For Refund
« on: October 01, 2002, 02:23:33 pm »

I have had significant problems with MJ with crashing, bad recordings, etc, the file conversion routine not working, the media editor not working, skins causing my system to crash (blue screens).  Please do a search on my account in your forum for all of the problems and the efforts to resolve the problems.  

I request information on how to get a refund.

Thanks!
Dieter Murphy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Request For Refund
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 02:34:00 pm »

Because we offer a 30-day trial, we don't offer refunds.

Stability problems have a variety of sources that include hardware, drivers, and the OS.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 02:34:27 pm »

Don't get cheap, and don't slam your head against any brick walls because you probably won't get a refund. As you can see by reading the posts around here most people have absolutely no problems with MJ. It's your system and/or the way you've got it set up.

Xenno

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 03:03:45 pm »

It's the E.T. Guy call Mulder and Scully to investigate
Made in Portugal

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 10:33:31 pm »

Dieter -

I'm not a JRiver employee, but I just did a search on "Dieter" and found nothing.

What version have you been using?  If you want stability, stay with the latest "official" release, available by clicking at the top of this page on Jukebox, Download.  It is currently 8.0.372.  The later versions, such as 8.0.380, are for testing by those who don't mind a few problems.  Beta versions of 9 are for those who really want to help out and don't mind occasional crashes.

Now, if you've stayed with only "official" releases and are having lots of problems, then you need to communicate them clearly via this forum.  I agree with Xen-Uno that most of the problems are probably specific to your system, because thousands of people are using MJ with no difficulty.  When JRiver suggests a fix such as "get the latest audio drivers", try it--very, very often that is the problem.

Stick with MJ--it's worth it.

But don't stick with the Vikings, unless you like jailbird prima donnas that couldn't catch a touchdown to save their lives.  ;D

Scronch

P.S. I know you're probably not a Vikings fan, just bear with me.

Dieter

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2002, 11:35:48 pm »

Do a search on the user damurphy use a period (.) for the search.  Set the limits to the search to max 365 days with 100 entries.  This should show you my posts.

I am currently using Musicmatch Jukebox which is not using the LAME.EXE encoder.  It encodes perfectly without the ringing sounds.  It also encodes MP3 real time while recording.  

The Musicmatch file conversion routines works well and it has software included in the package to avoid pops and clicks in CD digital recordings.  The MJ file conversion routines have problems with reading the timing on MP3s.  I constantly get pops and clicks from CD Ripping in MJ.

The skins in Musicmatch Jukebox have not crashed my system once.  I had to shut down the skins in MJ to avoid getting blue screens of death (GPF's).  

Dieter Murphy

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2002, 03:15:02 am »

I read through your posts.  I don't do anything with 45 minute long files of speech.  Maybe some other users have worked with long files and can give you some input.

My cousin is a minister, and he thinks he knows what your "ringing" sound is--background snoring that has been exposed by the high accuracy of MJ!

Scronch

rocketsauce

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2002, 12:02:30 pm »

I am currently using Musicmatch Jukebox which is not using the LAME.EXE encoder.  It encodes perfectly without the ringing sounds.

IIRC, MMJB uses the Fraunhofer encoder.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Generally, Fraunhofer is considered to be the better encoder for low bitrates and LAME is better for higher bitrates.  Since you are encoding speech at very low bitrates, this is probably why the files sound better when being encoded with MMJB.

Rob

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2002, 12:59:08 pm »

I don't agree, results show that MMJB throws out too much info.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2002, 02:01:17 pm »

Just a note for Dieter - the latest version of MJ (8.0.381) indicates they fixed the clicks-and-pops during CD ripping... give it a try!
Pages: [1]   Go Up