INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod MINI and MC 11 Problem - Songs do not appear  (Read 1390 times)

mpscott

Ipod MINI and MC 11 Problem - Songs do not appear
« on: October 04, 2005, 11:31:00 am »

I've read PeterS' "Quick Start instructions" for connecting an IPOD to MC11, and it seems to work up to a certain point with my iPod MINI.

Windows recognizes the IPOD as a drive letter (G:) and the volume is labeled 'IPOD'.  I have disabled the IPOD in ITunes and deleted the Itunes database in the Itunes control folder on the ipod.

I start MC11 and it recognizes the iPod and shows it as a connected device (G:).  I can transfer songs to the iPod and in Windows explorer they show up on the root of G:.  However, when I look for the songs/albums/artists through the iPod, nothing shows up.

So I tried right-clicking on the iPod in MC11 and the only option that I get is 'ADD FOLDER'.  I don't get rebuild database or any of the other options.  I have reset the iPod, reset the device from within MC11, and run the apple iPod updater downloaded from Apple, and still the same issue occurs.  Its like it doesn't see it as an iPod.

Any other suggestions?  This is main proponent against me buying Media Center, which I love.

Running Windows XP SP2, IE 6 - P4 3.0ghz, 3Gb RAM

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ipod MINI and MC 11 Problem - Songs do not appear
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:43:19 am »

Are you accessing it via "Handhelds" in the Action Window (lower left)?

mpscott

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 08:32:39 pm »

Are you accessing it via "Handhelds" in the Action Window (lower left)?

Yes, I drag and drop the songs in the "Drop Files Here" section and click synchronize.  (this is the iPod handheld that MC recongnized when I plugged the iPod in).  If I click on the menu (tools) in this window, I only get:

show list
clear list
options...
Transfer

I click sync and the songs transfer to the iPod.  However, its like MC is not treating it as an iPod and is treating it like a removable USB storage device.

The songs are there, but the database that MC creates on the root of the handheld is not seen by the iPod.

Should I reinstall Media Center?

I've seen a few other posts with others that have a MINI and seem to have the same issue.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 03:07:43 pm »

Try running iPod Updater on your iPod. Also get the next build of MC 11.1 when it becomes available.

mpscott

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:44:47 pm »

Yes, I have downloaded and run the iPod updater previously... it provided no help :'(

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 10:54:53 am »

Try going to Tools->Options->Handheld and click on the "Reset" button so MC can redetect the iPod.

mpscott

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 10:56:46 am »

Yep, done that also.  In fact I've done a hard reset of the iPod and reflashed it from factory settings.  I've also run the Apple iPod updater.

Going to Tools->Options->Handheld and clicking on the "Reset" button,  it detects the iPod, but still the same effect.  Its like it doesn't truely see it as an iPod.

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 01:47:39 pm »

This from JimH...

You might want to wait a few builds on 11.1 if you're having trouble.

The whole handheld system was completely overhauled and it's still buggy.

I think you'll be extremely pleased with what you see in the next two weeks.

That said, 11.1 is not for the faint of heart and that's what we said in the build thread.  Use at your own risk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up