INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media server's port?  (Read 957 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
media server's port?
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:40:27 am »

I have the media server running automatically for a variety of WinXP logons by putting a shortcut in the "all users" startup folder.

C:\Windows\system32\MC11.exe /MediaServer

However, it doesn't work for some logons (e.g., domain versus local), but the icon shows and it does show as a running process.  I am not however capable of determining if it has somehow running for a different port, or if the IP address is different.  Is there a way? i.e., I cannot seem to right-clik and get any info.

The other possibility is running as a service, and I am looking into it ... but the above should also work, if I can get it to run consistently(?)

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: media server's port?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:57:54 am »

In a DOS window, netstat -an (or netstat -a) will show you all TCP ports in use.

j

shAf

Re: media server's port?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:48:07 am »

In a DOS window, netstat -an (or netstat -a) will show you all TCP ports in use.

It's not too helpful, but by comparing the stats for different logons, I was able to infer that the domain logon wasn't putting a port into use.  That is, I could see port 80 for one logon and not the other.  The domain logon does indicate the server is running, but what isn't helpful is not knowing what it's trying to do, as opposed to what it's not doing.  For example, it would be helpful if I could right-clik the icon, and ask for stats(?)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up