INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: restore charge  (Read 1802 times)

m4him

• Pastor
restore charge
« on: September 28, 2002, 06:23:42 pm »

:'( I have been charged a restore fee by error.  Your program said my computer had changed which it had not.  I only upgraded the hard drive.  That should not warrant an additional charge.

Saltwater_Cowboy

• nothing more to say...
Re: restore charge
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 06:07:10 pm »

I just bought the Jukebox and added one to a second computer in the other room, I didn't know ther was a charge for  restore,,, How much is it ?   Why is there a restore charge? Why is there not a way you can restore it from your computer without going online to do so?  ;D

pbnyc

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2002, 06:36:59 pm »

I recently had to re-install Windows, so I also had to reinstall Media Jukebox.  When I chose the Internet option, I had no idea I would be charged, but after the installation, it said "I had been charged one restore."

Does this mean my credit credit has been charged without my permission?

? >:(

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2002, 06:50:49 pm »

This is in the FAQ, but you were "charged" one of your free restores. You have a number of free restores available each year - specifically so you can move/re-install as needed.

I believe they recently increased it to 10 restores per year and reset everyone's counter. But don't take my memory for gospel - check the board here or the FAQ.

nila

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 01:33:33 am »

To prevent MJ from being too easily available to people illegally for free MJ put a lot of effort into building anti piracy protection into it.
One of these methods is that the activation code you get only lasts for 15 days. After this it will no longer work. This is to prevent it being dumped onto illegal sites for everyone to use permenantly. After this period you can then go online and enter your details and it will give you another code. Every year you are given 10 restores so that you can go online and re-activate MJ if you need to should anything happen to your computer.

When you've gone online it's just used one of these 10.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 11:11:45 am »

m4him: please be careful with your wording.

All: there are NO fees for restoring, nor credit card charges without your express permission. Please read the purchase/licensing FAQ.

pbnyc: The only place I can remember the "charge" terminology used is in the FAQ, and it's pretty clear that money/cc is NOT what is being charged there. Where did you see it say "You were charged one restore"?

j

m4him

• Pastor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2002, 11:19:45 am »

Thank you for clearing this up.   ::)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2002, 11:52:11 am »

pbnyc: I found  the restore phrase you  mentioned (in the email that gets sent out). I put it there because because many people wondered when  a restore was used. Given that it says "You have been charged one restore." and not "You have been charged for one restore." , do you think this is too confusing?

j

Endymion

• Recent member
  • I am who I have always been
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2002, 01:20:21 am »

How about "You have used up one restore" instead?  Although the wording is fine for me, I can see how it could confuse people.

WD4FNG

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2002, 09:30:58 am »

Hi People. I just want to say that I really am Enjoying my MJ Very, Very mutch, Especially the Media Editor, Having a Blast transforming my Old 45 Rekerds and Cassette tapes to Waves, then down to MP3s, Just like da Book Says, "The Only limit is your Imagination". I'm Glad I was Witnessed furthermore the answer concerning the Restore "Charge" After reeding the FAQs ONE More Time, it all began to make sense, Its a case of the Universally, and Complex English language, and the fact so many Latin and Greek words can translate to many different English Words with different meanings even.

For Instance: The Word, "Charged" is Even discussed in the Bible when the Teacher Speaks.."I Charge you with going out into the cities, Heal the Sick, Raise the Dead....Etc" in which this case, the word "Charge" means the Execution of an order, Transaction, or Authority Concerning a Specific task(s). Yet you wonder if somehow we fight many Wars when often we are fighting for the same thing just Speaking a Different language in a Sense.

Well, Thats All, Just wanted to introduce myself for the first time and let the Folks here know that Y'All have a Great Product. I restored once because I was troubleshooting the Registry and experimenting with some different OEM Setups in order to try and make Win 98 run Faster, was successfull, but the only way to solve a problem was to Roll back and Do a Restore, Worked fine.

Tom,  WD4FNG Montgomery, AL
Pages: [1]   Go Up