INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 views freeze up  (Read 1040 times)

newflavour

• Recent member
MC11 views freeze up
« on: October 26, 2005, 03:48:54 am »

Hi folks,

A few weeks ago I was at a gig using MC11.0.314 to DJ from. After a short while I found the views to freeze on what I was currently looking at and not update. Am I confusing you? At first I thaught it was just a glitch and maybe something to do with my system. However, it continues to arrise from time to time with no real regularity and can happen adhock.

One instance of when it happened was doing the following:
1> selected a playlist, added a track to "playing now"
2> selected playing now, moved the track up the list 2 spots
3> attempted to select another list however it stayed showing the "playing now" list. I tried selecting auto list, smartlists, library browser, media library, drives and devices. however, it still stayed showing "playing now"

there have been other instances where it has decided to freeze the display in the library browser and other various views.

I can still skip tracks, adjust volume, load dsp studio and other features of MC11. It just wont update the main view with the item I select from the left (using default aruba skin).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11 views freeze up
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 06:55:28 am »

In the FAQ thread, there is a link to Omni's post on hardware tests you can do.  It may be in the thread called "Weird and Wonderful" that you can find in the same place.

newflavour

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 05:44:20 pm »

ok I looked through the thread you provided and didn't find anything that matched my issue. One of the first things I did was a memtest amongst other tests.

now I have MC11 on 2 systems:
:::::sys 1:::::::
Asus A7n26 with a AMD Duron 1300
1gb Ram
500gb HDD
onboard gForce 2
genuine XPpro SP2

(everything is up to date with drivers)

:::::sys 2:::::::
packard bell easynote 8r
IntelŪ PentiumŪ M 745 (1.8GHz 400MHx FSB 2MB L2 Cache)
512mb ram
80gb HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
genuine XPpro SP2

(everything is also up to date with drivers)

This issue is happening on both machines. I have run the program without any other processes (well the bare minimum) and it will still do it.

Its not that the program freezes as such, or hangs and becomes useless. Its just the main view where all the tracks are listed is not being updated(again it doesnt do it all the time, just from time to time without warning). I can still right click a playlist and add to playing now, skip forward, backward, stop, play, pause, adjust MC11 settings etc. I just cant see the contents of anything I select from the left hand side tree structures.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:00:26 pm »

Here's the thread:
Stability Issues -- System Test  -- Omni Speaks
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23404;start=msg163017#msg163017

What else do the machines have in common.  Virus checker?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 10:57:52 pm »

Make sure View > Split Views is set to "1" so there isn't a hidden view causing you grief.

Otherwise, I'm a little stumped.  I've never seen this before.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

newflavour

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 10:18:19 pm »

Here's the thread:
Stability Issues -- System Test  -- Omni Speaks
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23404;start=msg163017#msg163017

What else do the machines have in common.  Virus checker?

yes a virus checker is installed - AVG, also up-to-date(updates and scans daily). have defragged both machines multiple times.

other than that the only similarities are in software:
- adobe creative suite
- macromedia studio mx
- iis, mysql,

but both machines had these when I was using MC9, it wasn't until recently that I upgraded to MC11 and began to experience this phenomenon. I read the omni post and I have not run the prime95 test yet, but i have run other diagnostic tools over the systems without any faults being reported.

I will run prime95 and see what results come of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up