INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod playlist synching  (Read 1448 times)

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
iPod playlist synching
« on: October 13, 2005, 07:12:30 pm »

Installer locked up and I had end task.  I exited out of all spyware/anti virus software and was able to get it to finish.

I have a 60gb iPod running Win XP SP2.  With this build of MC I am able to select synch on my iPod without the whole program freezing up (like with previous 11.1 builds). However, after install I am not able to manually synch my playlists.  I have to choose auto synch in order to get the device to synch.  When I select manually synch I am not able to select any individual playlists it is as if the are not there.  Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
iPod playlist synching
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 07:53:27 pm »

Installer locked up and I had end task.  I exited out of all spyware/anti virus software and was able to get it to finish.

I have a 60gb iPod running Win XP SP2.  With this build of MC I am able to select synch on my iPod without the whole program freezing up (like with previous 11.1 builds). However, after install I am not able to manually synch my playlists.  I have to choose auto synch in order to get the device to synch.  When I select manually synch I am not able to select any individual playlists it is as if the are not there.  Any ideas?

There are three transfer styles.  In "manual mode" you drag-n-drop files or playlists to the Action Window.

In "sync playlists" mode you can select playlists from options.  After setting this up, click "Check Synchronization" in the Handheld Action Window to do a sync.

Does that help at all?

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
iPod playlist synching
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 07:19:56 am »

Hey Matt,

I tried what you said and it is possible I am not doing something correctly but do I have to drag and drop every single playlist down to the action window?  That could take forever as there seems to be no way to select a group of playlists or all the playlists at the same time.  I just ended up using the synching option under options and then selected "auto synch only the playlists selected".  But as you will see below, even that did not work.

After attempting to get my iPod to synch, I unplugged my ipod and it was frozen with the apple logo displayed and it continued to do a soft reboot as described in previous posts.   Once I got the device back to the main menu none of the 4235 songs or any of my playlists (100s) were present.  I attempted to resynch (the process takes over an hour and there is no status indicator letting me know how many songs are left to be synched...it seems to synch in a compeletly random fashion) and the same thing happens (frozen ipod and no songs or playlists).  What is interesting is that the ipod shows that it has used over 30g of space but I see no songs or playlists.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod playlist synching
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 07:41:25 am »

To set up which playlists you want to synch when you press synch, click on Handhelds in the Action Window, then click in the upper left corner of that window, then choose options, then check the playlists you want to synch.

You can find more info on the Portable Digital Players board here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=8.0

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 10:02:31 am »

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the info.  I will try that out.  Any reason why the songs and playlists do not show up on the device but the ipod shows that it is using over 30gb of space?

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 10:13:56 am »

bd6675...since it appears that the songs are still on the IPOD, just not showing up, you may want to try to rebuild the database on the IPOD and then try to sync again...which should take a lot less time than starting from scratch again.

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 10:19:50 am »

Hey razumik,

I will give that a shot.  Thanks for the tip.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 11:02:02 am »

This thead should be moved to the portable forum!

Thats why we have moderators, right?

This is just confusing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up