INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proper way to put music on an iPod in MC?  (Read 1430 times)

delusion_

• Recent member
Proper way to put music on an iPod in MC?
« on: October 18, 2005, 09:06:42 am »

I'm using the latest non-beta Media Center, and am having problems putting music onto my iPod. I restored my iPod to the latest firmware version (erasing all the music, etc.) -- then I loaded up Media Center and dragged some MP3s to it off my library. They transferred just fine, no errors. I safely remove my iPod, and go to browse artists on it-- but there are no artists listed.

I see there is a "initialize iPod" right click option in Media Center, but what does this function do, and why is it necessary? Am I supposed to re-initialize it everytime my iPod is "restored"?

Just very confused and frustrated. I seem to remember an older version of MC warning you to initialize it when you tried to access it; doesn't seem like the new version does this.

Also, when are we going to get intelligent M4A support for iPods? If I drag a playlist of MP3/OGG/MPC/FLAC/M4A to the iPod, and leave the convert option to "Convert if necessary", MC incorrectly tries to convert the M4A files (and fails.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Proper way to put music on an iPod in MC?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 09:38:08 am »

Please copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

The thread called "iPod and MC11 -- Quick start instructions " should tell you what you need to know.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Proper way to put music on an iPod in MC?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:15:18 am »

When you do not see 'Artists' are you able to browse to files and play them at all?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up