INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Disable Continuous Play??  (Read 1027 times)

Ualaa

Cannot Disable Continuous Play??
« on: October 23, 2005, 02:30:18 am »

I had a previous version of Media Jukebox, I think 6.0 or so and was very happy with the program.  I have upgraded my PC, and the current version does a few things I don't really like as much.

Mainly, I have all my files in the media library, then I click on one of them to play.  The program plays the file without a problem, then automatically starts playing the next song on my list despite my not having continuous play activated.

Looking up continuous play and disabling it within the program basically says to have it checked to enable the feature and not checked to disable it.  Unfortunately, without the feature checked it operates as if it were; I cannot figure out how to disable this.

Is there a way of disabling this feature, or can I download a much older version of your program which works... ?

Thanks for you time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cannot Disable Continuous Play??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 07:32:40 am »

In the options, you can set the double-click behavior.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 11:15:11 am »

Mainly, I have all my files in the media library, then I click on one of them to play. The program plays the file without a problem, then automatically starts playing the next song on my list despite my not having continuous play activated.

Looking up continuous play and disabling it within the program basically says to have it checked to enable the feature and not checked to disable it. Unfortunately, without the feature checked it operates as if it were; I cannot figure out how to disable this.

Continous Play does just what the name implies. When it is enabled MJ plays the Playing Now list over and over again.

The Playing Now list in MJ8 is designed to play the included tracks. It doesn't have a "stop after the current track" feature. However, you can make, view and edit as many playlists as you like in the Playlists section of the tree on the left. You can also send single tracks from any playlist to Playing Now.

If you mean that MJ sends all visible tracks to the Playing Now you can configure the behavior as Jim said. I don't have MJ installed anymore so I can't give you exact instructions. At least Media Center (JRiver's newer program) has several behavior options for the play button and double-click function.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Ualaa

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 09:58:05 pm »

Thankyou, setting the double-click behavior did the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up