INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buffering lock up in MJ 8  (Read 1769 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Buffering lock up in MJ 8
« on: June 04, 2003, 05:12:12 am »

A prior post on this subject was left unresolved: Please advise which OS's are affected when MJ freezes during buffering over a LAN. And secondly, when the patch/new rev. addressing this problem will be available. Thank you.

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Buffering lock up in MJ 8
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 12:35:03 pm »

Bump. Okay??

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 04:55:33 pm »

I don't know which OSes are affected. XP for sure, maybe others, maybe not.

I don't know when a patch will be ready. The problem is in code JRiver has no control over (the network stack), and patches are hard to do. It is not forgotten, but it will not be ready tomorrow.

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 05:07:57 pm »

I hope this can be remedied soon as it's a deal killer for MJ usage in a network environment. And I would hate to go back to RealOne!

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 04:34:17 am »

I hate to say it but I finally gave up on using MS. I could not reliably leave the system playing and walk away from it for fear of buffering and garbage from the stereo. I went out to get a large hard drive and installed that in my stereo system and then copied all of the files over. It sucks to have to do it this way but at this time I don't see any other option. Here's hoping that there will be a fix soon!!
Glen.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 11:46:57 am »

I suggest getting xteq set up and tweaking the spare stacks from 4 to 16 or even 20  that might help you.?

why cant you walk away from ms's wmp or even mjb.  

i can walk away from the computer while playing music on any of the many players i have on it.
it is right now playing away in the other room and has been all day.   ( i have some 82  hours of music on it :D)

i am just running in to trouble with this mjb for the first time in a very long time.  

and it just might be because of the fact i cleaned out the old files and the reg.  on the computer  that might have done something?
roving cowboy / keith hall

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 01:22:01 pm »

What OS are you using on the server and the client machines? I suspect the problem may be associated with XP, as my other machines with W2K have streamed flawlessley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up