INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control / distributed audio  (Read 903 times)

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Volume control / distributed audio
« on: October 31, 2005, 07:43:23 pm »

I have a Homeseer HA PC that I was also running MC and NetRemote on for the past 30 days (trial mode).

I have 2 amplifiers running two zones straight from sound cards and another amplifier fed music through an external USB box (3 zones total, with the hopes of increasing further). I really liked the MC coupled with NetRemote, but I wanted to be able to adjust the audio output from the PC, as the amplifiers do not have IR and I don't want to install volume control boxes in my walls. From what it sounds like, MC cannot independently control volume from room to room. Is there a workaround?

Finding MC was a G-dsend for me in the beginning as I am on the brink of rolling out a decent multi-zone setup in my house, and a buzz-kill when I found out this problem with not being able to control the volume independently.

Now, my trial is up and and I don't know what I am going to do. I like the product, but I really need the ability to control volume independently to each room.

Can anybody help me with this? I really don't want to stop using MC or feeling like I am not getting what I need... It's hard to buy something that works for most of your needs but not for a personally crucial one, but then again, there aren't many solutions in this price range that do so much - lol.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jim
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Volume control / distributed audio
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 09:21:00 pm »

You should be able to adjust volumes for each zone.  You have to change zones first.

Check the resources here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/devzone.html

Also, look for user Mastiff's posts and the link to his web site in the FAQ near the top of this board.

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Volume control / distributed audio
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 07:26:17 pm »

When I adjust the volume, nothing happens. If what I understand is correct, I have to control the master PC volume itself, as opposed to individually. The problem is that this PC is also used in a home automation setup, and the motherboard sound output. which is controlled by the master volume, is used for announcements around the house.

I really need to be able to independently control the volume in each zone with the PC, and no wall-mounted knobs, receivers via IR, etc. I want to be able to set the maximum volume in each zone directly through the amp and not having it change.

Jim
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up