INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.50 Alpha  (Read 3492 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 11.1.50 Alpha
« on: November 04, 2005, 06:19:43 pm »

• This is an early alpha version of MC 11.1.
  • There aren't many new features in it yet.
  • It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post ONLY BUGS here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts may be deleted or moved. 

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
[build pulled because audio mode only was visible -- JimH ]

MC 11.1.50 (11/4/05)

1. Changed: Added Services to the Plug-in manager.
2. Changed: Added Hide/Show to Services.
3. Removed: Services Manager Dialog.
4. Changed: Improved support for iRiver 8xx, 9xx, etc. devices.
5. Fixed: Podcast Album field (by default Podcast Pub Date) now uses regional time settings.
6. Fixed: Podcast display now remembers user selected sorting criteria.
7. Changed: During a handheld transfer, the currently uploading file will stay visible in the handheld list.
8. Fixed: Unplugging a device during a transfer could cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Player could get "stuck" when a file failed to playback properly.

MC 11.1.49 (11/02/05)

1. Changed: Audible service now comes installed with the player.
2. Fixed: Handheld plugin entries for plugins no longer used would still show in plugin manager.
3. Changed: Plugin Manager labels for Interface Plugins were confusing (changed start/stop to show/hide).
4. Fixed: Plugin Manager default values for Interface Plugins were wrong.
5. Fixed: Now properly handles RFC822 dates found in Podcast Feeds, regardless of OS/User internationalization settings.
6. Fixed: Application no longer crashes when previously downloaded Podcast Episodes vanish from a Podcast Feed.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.1.50 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 06:30:19 pm »

This build had a lot of changes in the iPod area, so use with caution. 

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 07:13:35 pm »

7. Changed: During a handheld transfer, the currently uploading file will stay visible in the handheld list.

AMAZING!!!

-- When ejecting iPod, MC goes to the start screen... Can this be configured to goto the last View, Or the Library?
--Audible Store.... While I'm sure this is something that some people will use, I am not one of them. Is there anyway to disable this?

Questions:

--If you change a file that you also have on the Ipod, will the new version of this file be sync'd?  ie. If I transfered my AC/DC albums, then later analyzed them, would the analyzed file be sync'd or would I have to delete and reupload? Mainly wondering about embedded album art.
--Are you guys looking to implement panes, instead of the tree for viewing the Ipod files? Or was Matt just eggen me?

By the way, you guy's are really making an AMAZING product for the iPod, You could really go after the other iPod software guys soon!!

I deleted an album off my Ipod, then hit sync, the album was transfered back to the Pod VERY quickly, Took no time at all to Sync. With Anapod, the syncing took ages!
-

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 08:30:59 pm »

One thing I would like to see is an auto eject after the snyc has completed.  Currenlt it is either with MC closing or a manual eject.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:41:55 pm »

I finally decided to try 11.1.  I added an unrated album to the iPod.  I rated two songs and synced.  The ratings showed up in MC.  The only problem so far is that the DB on the iPod was off again, so I had to initialize to fix it.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 08:46:50 pm »

One thing I would like to see is an auto eject after the snyc has completed.  Currenlt it is either with MC closing or a manual eject.

As an option that would be cool.... I wouldn't want this enabled.
-

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 08:49:44 pm »

Bug(I think)

Just tried to re-initialize my ipod and after it commpletes the space used is 18.2 gb and now when I hit sync, it won't work since MC is now trying to send over all new songs since it is full it won't snyc at all.

It now works after I closed out MC and then sync'd :)
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 09:42:55 pm »

AMAZING!!!

-- When ejecting iPod, MC goes to the start screen... Can this be configured to goto the last View, Or the Library?

It's a little complicated because your last view could also now be missing.  That's why it switches to a view it knows exists.  Still, it makes more sense to do what you're saying, so let us take a look.

--Audible Store.... While I'm sure this is something that some people will use, I am not one of them. Is there anyway to disable this?

Tools > Plugin Manager...

--If you change a file that you also have on the Ipod, will the new version of this file be sync'd?  ie. If I transfered my AC/DC albums, then later analyzed them, would the analyzed file be sync'd or would I have to delete and reupload? Mainly wondering about embedded album art.

If information the iPod cares about changes, a sync will take care of you.

--Are you guys looking to implement panes, instead of the tree for viewing the Ipod files? Or was Matt just eggen me?

Yes to one of those ;)  (probably the first one)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 01:29:18 am »

By the way, you guy's are really making an AMAZING product for the iPod, You could really go after the other iPod software guys soon!!
I think it would be informative if you start a thread about this, pointing where MC is better than the competition and where it needs to catch up regarding iPod interaction.

Might help to convince new users to try MC out.

It's good they are concentrating more in this area as iTunes has them beat here, let's see how long for ..hehe.

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 05:04:18 am »

I am very glad to have this latest rev because since upgrading earlier today from v11.1.41 to v11.1.49 I have had nothing but troulbe in the way of stability.  MC no longers wants to deal with network drives including my brand new adcom 300gig Backup USB 2.o hard drive.  Everytime I try to import via USB or accross my network, I crash.  It doesn't sound like you addressed that in Ver x.50, but I am hoping it fixes it anyway   Anyway, you should know that the stability of MC is slowly deminisioning.  I am sure you guys will get it together soon though. 

FYI - System I am on is an AMD2600 cpu 1gig Ram, and about 1k to 1300 gigs of hard drive space.  I use XP home and professional and always update.  Norton FW, Systemworks and Goback.  Anything else you would like to know to help you trace the crash on import issue, just let me know.

Thx,

Xsivfun1
Thx,

1 xsivfun1

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 05:48:10 am »

- I installed 1.50 on my laptop. Only the Audio branch was available on the tree. The main Media Library, Video, Images and Documents branches were missing. I reverted to 1.49 and the missing items were available again. I can't try this on my other PCs because I need a stable MC version on them.

- Once again I noticed that the previously saved 11.0 view presets in the Customize Current View don't work with 11.1. The old saved presets are empty when loaded in MC11.1. I have a lot of them and the installer should convert them to the new format.

It has not been explained why these presets and the general library format changed. In my opinion these kind of changes should not be done lightly. Was something impossible to make to work with the old formats? The library format just changed completely in MC11.0.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005, 05:58:56 am »

Bug: Hiding Service while service is open
causes MC to crash

I clicked on Audible.  Decided it was no use to me.
Hit plugins, services, Audible, Hide. MC Crashed.

Would be nice to be able to delete as well as show/hide.
-Mod-
Doh There is a delete it's uninstall,
however it doesn't work, Audible is not uninstalled.

lOth

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 06:44:42 am »

using 'navigation' to jump to library views is broken with .50
jumping to playlists works fine though.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 06:50:20 am »

BUG: Tree shows only Audio files even though i got Imagesand Video files as well.

Selection mode is to show "all" media

B

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 06:55:14 am »

BUG:

If I open the "Options" dialog and press "OK" to close it again, MC11 aborts, 

This is independant of whether i change something under Options or not.

Seems to have been introduced in version :50

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 06:56:39 am »

BUG: Tree shows only Audio files even though i got Imagesand Video files as well.

Selection mode is to show "all" media

Only the Audio branch was available on the tree. The main Media Library, Video, Images and Documents branches were missing. I reverted to 1.49 and the missing items were available again.

It's odd that not everyone is reporting this. I noticed this problem instantly.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lOth

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 07:23:23 am »

Same here. I didn't notice it at first though, because I use mainly playlists and rarely for anything else than music.

edit: I just realized, that must be why navigation to library views is broken.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 09:29:03 am »

maybe it's a feature

but ditto
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LonWar

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 11:41:20 am »

The following has started with any of the 11.1.xx versions. I have went back to 11.0.xxx and all was fine.
This is also with 2 computers.

Visual bug...

Play a track,
Switch to Playing Now. The top part of the screen still shows the previous view.... This happens on both my computers.
I have also verified that this was not the case with 11.0.xxx

Thanks,

Anybody else see this? Any ideas?
-

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 12:56:25 pm »

Ditto --> Media Mode is stuck in AUDIO

New --> It's nice that the Audible Audio SERVICE is moved to the Plugin Manager, but what happened to the other services I had?  Wasn't there a Something-"Baby" and another Audio Jukebox web service or something in there.. I've used them a couple of times, but I keep them hidden.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 12:17:53 pm »

I was unable to download build 50 in time, but I don't know if this problem has been addressed and the 49 thread is closed, so I'll post it here.

There seems to be a problem with time-sensitive smartlists.  My library was recently refreshed with all songs set to 'never played' and 'last played' smartlist commands aren't working right.  For example, the "not listened to for a week" preset shows ONLY the songs that I've listened to within the last week (or at all in my case) and all the songs that haven't been played are excluded.  The opposite proves true, if I change it from >14400 to <14400, all the songs I haven't listened to in that time are shown.  It's not a big problem if it's just backwards, but the time-based presets are still wrong.

Another thing that's just been bothering me in every version of MC I've had is how duplicates are handled.  I don't think with the fields you use (name, album, artist, etc.) that empty fields should be included.  If I use the [composer],[name] for example, I have to included -[composer]=[] so that all the empty fields aren't included (I have many songs that are completely different but have the same name but also share an empty composer field).  This should be an option, turned on by default, to not include empty fields.  I'm sure other smartlist strings can be affected by this.

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 02:07:21 pm »

There seems to be a problem with time-sensitive smartlists.  My library was recently refreshed with all songs set to 'never played' and 'last played' smartlist commands aren't working right.  For example, the "not listened to for a week" preset shows ONLY the songs that I've listened to within the last week (or at all in my case) and all the songs that haven't been played are excluded.  The opposite proves true, if I change it from >14400 to <14400, all the songs I haven't listened to in that time are shown.  It's not a big problem if it's just backwards, but the time-based presets are still wrong.

This is still not working as far as I know.  According to Matt: "Date searches based on "time ago" aren't supported right now with MC 11.1."  If anyone could tell me if this plans on being fixed I would appreciate it.  This is a big feature for me.

Thanks,

BD6675

lOth

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 02:12:41 pm »

According to Matt: "Date searches based on "time ago" aren't supported right now with MC 11.1."  If anyone could tell me if this plans on being fixed I would appreciate it

We're not sure how we're going to support this moving forward yet, but we certainly will.

Give us a couple of builds.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 05:58:34 pm »

Date search syntax has changed in MC 11.1.51:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30193.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up