INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transferring files to an iriver H340 correctly?  (Read 1703 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
transferring files to an iriver H340 correctly?
« on: November 07, 2005, 02:12:30 am »

showed a friend MC promising freedom and ease of use with managing content on his iriver.

It shows up in "My Computer" as a fixed drive with H340 as it's label

MC did not auto detect it as a removable device. Could this be due to the fact that he uses a permanantly connected docking station for it?

We set it up using the configure remote and fixed drives for detection options.

We were disappointed to find all files unceremoniously dumped in the base path root. Library fields added to the path are not accepted.
We found the 'organisation' options in the devices right click menu, but there's no "[album artist (auto)]" option, so how to prevent it from spreading multi-artist albums around with one track at the end of each [artist]\[album] path?

SteveG

Re: transferring files to an iriver H340 correctly?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 02:45:30 pm »

MC did not auto detect it as a removable device. Could this be due to the fact that he uses a permanantly connected docking station for it?

No. It is because your iRiver is not a WMDM device and so is not autorecognized by MC. You can confirm this by running WMP. When you do, your device should not be recognized.

We were disappointed to find all files unceremoniously dumped in the base path root.

What version of MC are you running? Did you set a basepath?

We found the 'organisation' options in the devices right click menu, but there's no "[album artist (auto)]" option, so how to prevent it from spreading multi-artist albums around with one track at the end of each [artist]\[album] path?

An option to customize the fields in the right click option you are referring to is not currently available.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 04:48:10 pm »

I made the call that it was probably best to install the current public build (11.0.316). I've no experience of MC+handheld device, but it's his main interest, and as MC seems strong in this department, I suggested he check it out.

So, his iriver is not WMDM, was the "remote and fixed drives for detection" the correct path to take?
Yes, we set up a base path. The iriver is assigned drive letter E:\ and we used a base path of E:\Music

So, is the answer to this "how to prevent it from spreading multi-artist albums around with one track at the end of each [artist]\[album] path?" simply, "you can't stop it" and while we've not got there yet, I'm assuming [disc #] usage will present similar problems?

btw, on a purely selfish note, is that Zen Sleek I've got my eye a WMDM device? Starting from scratch as I would be, I would like to tread the path of least resistance if possible :)

-marko.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:31:47 am »

Marko,

So, his iriver is not WMDM, was the "remote and fixed drives for detection" the correct path to take?

Yes, assuming that you can browse to it in Windows Explorer.

Yes, we set up a base path. The iriver is assigned drive letter E:\ and we used a base path of E:\Music

Based on your report, there appears to be a bug with the handling of the default paths in 11.0.316. In 11.1 you can browse to the appropriate base path and name it as the 'Device' so files will be transferred to that location.

So, is the answer to this "how to prevent it from spreading multi-artist albums around with one track at the end of each [artist]\[album] path?" simply, "you can't stop it" and while we've not got there yet, I'm assuming [disc #] usage will present similar problems?

The answer is, you can't stop it for now, but it will be addressed in 11.1 as it is a good point.

is that Zen Sleek I've got my eye a WMDM device?

The Zen Sleek is a WMDM device and it should support MTP/Plays for sure so not only should it be supported in MC, but you should not need to install drivers.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 10:49:45 am »

we'll keep an eye on v11.1's developement for the folder path improvements.

thanks for the reply Steve.

dylan

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 07:21:10 am »

build 57 has some interesting additions that I think would be very useful here.

Before I suggest he try this, can you tell me, will installing 11.1 interfere at all with the trial period?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 08:13:44 am »

11.1 or 11.0 will use the same trial period.  Both use an MC11 license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up