INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.53 Alpha  (Read 2519 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.53 Alpha
« on: November 08, 2005, 06:10:58 pm »

• This is an alpha version of MC 11.1.
  • There aren't many new features in it yet.
  • It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post only bugs here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111053.exe

MC 11.1.53 (11/8/05)

1. Changed: Scrolling in the player uses loop style scrolling at constant velocity instead of side-to-side style scrolling at constant time.
2. Fixed: With Podcasts configured, the player could get stuck in an update loop while starting up.

MC 11.1.52 (11/8/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center could update its views multiple times when loading. (causing slowdowns)
2. Fixed: Playlist selection in handheld options would not be properly loaded when entering options.
3. Fixed: If there was an open error on a file the burner would hang.
4. Fixed: Setting aa as a supported file type (when appropriate) so that transfers to Audible ready devices will work properly.
5. Changed: Audible file genre set to "Audiobook" by default (if genre field from the file is empty).

MC 11.1.51 (5/7/05)

1. Changed: Removed "Check synchronization" action window item. (happens automatically if you're in a sync mode)
2. Changed: Closing the handheld action bin no longer prompts to clear the transfer queue. (happens automatically)
3. Changed: Remade handheld options dialog.
4. Fixed: Media Center would crash if hiding a service while that service was active.
5. NEW: Added option to auto-sync when device is connected.
6. Changed: Uninstall button disabled for plug-in categories in Plug-in Manager.
7. Changed: Uninstall button disabled for system plug-ins in Plug-in Manager.
8. NEW: Introduced new search syntax for searching for date elapsed, using the prefixes s,m,h,d,y in front of a number. (examples: "[Date Imported]=d1-d20" (imported 1 to 20 days ago) or "[Date]=>y5" (newer than 5 years ago))

MC 11.1.50 (11/4/05)

1. Changed: Added Services to the Plug-in manager.
2. Changed: Added Hide/Show to Services.
3. Removed: Services Manager Dialog.
4. Changed: Improved support for iRiver 8xx, 9xx, etc. devices.
5. Fixed: Podcast Album field (by default Podcast Pub Date) now uses regional time settings.
6. Fixed: Podcast display now remembers user selected sorting criteria.
7. Changed: During a handheld transfer, the currently uploading file will stay visible in the handheld list.
8. Fixed: Unplugging a device during a transfer could cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Player could get "stuck" when a file failed to playback properly.

MC 11.1.49 (11/02/05)

1. Changed: Audible service now comes installed with the player.
2. Fixed: Handheld plugin entries for plugins no longer used would still show in plugin manager.
3. Changed: Plugin Manager labels for Interface Plugins were confusing (changed start/stop to show/hide).
4. Fixed: Plugin Manager default values for Interface Plugins were wrong.
5. Fixed: Now properly handles RFC822 dates found in Podcast Feeds, regardless of OS/User internationalization settings.
6. Fixed: Application no longer crashes when previously downloaded Podcast Episodes vanish from a Podcast Feed.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.1.53 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 06:19:33 pm »

You got it, Matt.  Start screen to playing music is almost instant now.  Thanks.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:40:55 pm »

Startup and switching from place to place in the tree is VERY fast now.

Excellent.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 11:21:14 pm »

yeh so.... my zen xtra is getting really messed up these days.  mc seems to be deleting all the files and replacing them with files of <unknown> properties.  really frustrating.  please get this fixed asap!
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 03:15:35 am »

[date imported] field is broken.

My smartlists using [date imported] are now broken in 11.1.53, eg

[date imported]=<10000
[date imported]=<1w

no longer show the albums I imported only yesterday.

Cheers,

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 03:27:52 am »

While editing smartlists, if the smartlist is wider than the current screen and you hit END to jump to the end of the smartlist (perhaps to add a new rule) the cursor vanishes off the right side of the screen and you cannot see what, or where, you are typing.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 03:38:16 am »

Print -> File List

No longer prints the fields in the current view but rather a new formatted version.  I therefore assume that printing is being worked on, but right now I consider this a break as I was using the old format on a daily basis and the current format doesn't work for me.

Mark

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 06:16:32 am »

Library server suddenly doesn't work. On the "client" I get this message: "Media Center encountered errors while playing the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

I can't play any files from the client, but all files from the server, so the path should be right. Cover art is transfered ok, but I can't play any files.

It started when I installed 11.1.51 (and I've still got this problem with 11.1.53).

/Robert

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 10:06:55 am »

I'm working on the library server bug...

j

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 10:58:23 am »

Volume Levelling Seems to be broken,

DSP Studio
Replay Gain checked
Track Based Checked
Adjustment : Fixed

I keep haveing to turn up and down the computer volume.

-

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 12:05:29 pm »

take me a while to catch up, but here's what I've found so far....

The automatic upgrade installer is still placing desktop and start menu shortcuts that I don't want.

The preset for "recently imported -- imported this week" has a typo. it uses 7d instead of d7
the search wizard has a 'presets' sub-menu, and the "time ago" choices in there still use the old syntax

customise current view: set display as to thumbnails, using [dimensions] in thumbnail text results in CIRCULAR:dimensions being displayed instead of the actual dimension figures.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 12:18:51 pm »

so the nomad zens just got a new firmware yesterday.... what are the odds!?!  anyways, everything works beautifully now.  i do have to say now that i can use the new interface and stuff, it's much better!

um a question.  can i sync like number of plays and stuff with my nomad now?  i see the option, but im afraid to check it in fear of my mp3 player exploding with the complexity of counting number of plays!  (actually i was asking this because i thought that might be ipod exclusive)
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 12:33:51 pm »

In followup to my own comment on [date imported], I notice that [last played] shows the same problem, so  it seems that date comparison logic is now broken rather than individual fields.

Mark

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 12:47:35 pm »

The new scrolling in .53 is really great !!

BUT: Why do i have to drive the mouse over the display window before scrolling starts? And also, after one scroll through, scrolling stops and has to be re-activated by another mouse move over the scrllimng display area....

Cant we have this scrolling constantly, or at least have an option setting it that way. I'd certainly like it.

BB

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 01:37:07 pm »

Testing now with transfers to my Zen Portable Media Center with .53 by deleting everything on the PMC & then dragging 6 albums to the "portable device" and doing a manual transfer (with a conversion from .WAV to lossless WMA):

1) Album names are still displayed as "the_name_of_the_album.alb"
2) No cover art appears to be transferred
3) Tracks within an album are displayed out of order.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 02:25:14 pm »

[date imported] field is broken.

My smartlists using [date imported] are now broken in 11.1.53, eg

[date imported]=<10000
[date imported]=<1w

no longer show the albums I imported only yesterday.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark, look here for the new system:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30193.0

I think you want: [Date Imported]=>d7
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lOth

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 02:37:13 pm »

I think you want: [Date Imported]=>d7

It seems that a lot of people are confused with this. For some reason many seem to naturally assume that > would mean 'further back in the past' rather than 'after 7 days ago'. Not saying that you should do anything about it, I guess people will just get used to it after a few mistakes.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 03:32:33 pm »

typing into the playlist header, title, or description, the cursor returns to the 'home' position (far left) after each character, which while amusing...

detropmi selif

should probably be considered a bug :)

also, I see there's now non-editable date created info displayed. for existing playlists, it displays n/a. could it be that if the value = n/a, it is not displayed at all? just for the sake of aesthetics of course.

just turned off the audible service and it threw a iexplorer popup trying to reach http://www.audible.com/images/popups/free_muvo.gif  :-\

-marko.

lOth

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 04:11:24 pm »

when you right click > eject the iPod in the navigation tree, the device doesn't disappear from the tree after it's ejected ('do not disconnect' is replaced by the main menu). You can still browse the iPod in the navigation tree. You can even click 'handheld player' in the AW: it comes up with a brand new list of files to transfer. If you click sync, MC analyzes the files and then pretends to transfer them at a speedrate I wish we really had (hope I didn't mess my db by trying this...).

You need to actually unplug the iPod for it to disappear from the tree.

Is this a bug or a step toward a new feature?

edit: I also just noticed that you can now add the handheld player to the navigation menu (if you click it while the iPod is unplugged it will just jump to the root of 'drives and devices'). I don't think that was possible in 11.0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up