INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DirectShow filter support in MC11.1  (Read 58023 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: DirectShow filter support in MC11.1.71
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2005, 02:50:11 pm »

Ok, just wondering if I could use it to play the occasional WavPack file.

WavPack format can be played in the next build (11.1.79). No ID3 tags yet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2005, 09:13:40 pm »

WavPack format can be played in the next build (11.1.79). No ID3 tags yet.
It does indeed. Thanks.
Can't tell if the 'correction mode' playback works because there is no rate readout, but I do get playback.
Hope tag reading will follow sometime.

fidelio

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2005, 09:00:52 am »

Is there meantime any support on burning CD-Audio from .m4a(AAC) files?

I can perfectly playback these files with MC11.1.90, but when starting "Burn", MC will come up with an Info box "Can't start the write".

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 09:45:17 am »

Also, any other file formats that you would like to be played natively in MC?

Real Media?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31219.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2006, 06:29:48 pm »

Real Media?

Yes. In the next build Real Audio will be played natively if DirectShow filters for it are present.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2006, 08:39:59 pm »

Does that include RealAudio 10 AAC (protected and non-protected)?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2006, 09:29:22 pm »

Does that include RealAudio 10 AAC (protected and non-protected)?
For non-protected aac, yes. For protected aac, most likely the answer is no.

Actually, the unprotected aac encoded using RealPlayer is in m4a, which has already been played natively in MC. Protected aac from iTunes (m4p) are played through QuickTime, not in MC's native engine. Would protected aac from Real be different?

--EDIT--
I just tried playing an m4a file encoded in RealPlayer10. It would not work. Only the first few seconds are played. This is also try in Windows Media Player. So the answer is NO.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2006, 10:34:22 pm »

Yes. In the next build Real Audio will be played natively if DirectShow filters for it are present.
Any chance of tags being read for DirectShow supported formats?

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2006, 04:06:14 am »

And if someone found a bulletproof way to install aac filters that would work on all machines. Something like a short guide would be nice.

I have to uninnstall 3ivx and just use ffdshow to be able to playback aac on the laptop.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2006, 08:01:58 am »

Any chance of tags being read for DirectShow supported formats?

In the future, but not too soon I am afraid.

And if someone found a bulletproof way to install aac filters that would work on all machines. Something like a short guide would be nice.

I have to uninnstall 3ivx and just use ffdshow to be able to playback aac on the laptop.

Right. For now you will have to do some experimenting. It seems that different AAC files behave differently, there is no single filter that works for all of them.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2006, 08:55:26 am »

Yaobing,

You may want to check this DirectShow filter pack out:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=56803

I have not tested it. I just found it when I tried to google for a solution to this Real m4a problem.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2006, 10:55:14 am »

I found that m4a files encoded with RealPlayer 10 will play if you have Haali Media Splitter and FFDShow. So I am going to change my recommendation as follows:

For aac (m4a) playback -

Recommendation 1:

Install Haali Media Splitter and FFDShow.

If anyone knows either of these have copyright infringement issues, please let me know. I will not endorse any filters that are illegal.

Recommendation 2:

3ivx decoder filters.

Works fine with iTune encoded m4a files. But there are issues with Real encoded m4a files.

For .ra file playback -

Use Real Media Splitter and FFDShow. Real Media Splitter is available here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=87719

Yaobing,

You may want to check this DirectShow filter pack out:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=56803

I have not tested it. I just found it when I tried to google for a solution to this Real m4a problem.

Works fine. Are there copyright issues with this? Now I am afraid of endorsing large decoder/encoder packs  ;)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2006, 12:05:27 pm »

Works fine. Are there copyright issues with this? Now I am afraid of endorsing large decoder/encoder packs ;)

Reading the release notes, it certainly looks like they took pains to avoid paid/non-free tools.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2006, 05:03:39 pm »

Maybe I should not have recommended Haali Media Splitter afterall. There is a nasty "feature" that is very annoying. It is too eager to jump in when a file is played, even if it is a file it can not handle. It would not be so bad if it just fail quietly, but it pops up a message box. So if you try to play a RealAudio Lossless file with .ra extension, DirectShow method would fail. With other decoder and splitter filters, it is OK because we just fall back to using RealPlayer quietly. With Haali Media Splitter installed, we get a bunch of error message boxes before eventaully play the file in RealPlayer. >:(

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2006, 11:52:03 am »

I just tried some Nero mp4 files again. I noticed that if I have MC set to use ASIO the files play without any sound. MC reserves the output to ASIO and no DirectShow sound can get through.

I suppose MC grabs the audio signal from DirectShow because it can analyze and adjust it, but after that it probably sends it back to DirectShow instead of using the selected output.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2006, 01:02:13 pm »

I suppose MC grabs the audio signal from DirectShow because it can analyze and adjust it, but after that it probably sends it back to DirectShow instead of using the selected output.

That shouldn't be the case. Audio samples are grabbed from DirectShow and never given back.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2006, 01:32:47 pm »

That shouldn't be the case. Audio samples are grabbed from DirectShow and never given back.

Have you tried ASIO?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2006, 05:13:10 pm »

Have you tried ASIO?

No, I do not have ASIO.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: DirectShow filter support in MC11.1
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2006, 04:09:13 am »

Try ASIO4ALL: http://www.asio4all.com. It may work with your sound card. I have ASIO4ALL on three different PCs. Only one of the sound cards had an ASIO driver originally.

I think it would be good to have all three supported output modes available when testing MC. Otherwise you should test this on some other PC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2006, 08:30:51 am »

Try ASIO4ALL: http://www.asio4all.com. It may work with your sound card. I have ASIO4ALL on three different PCs. Only one the sound cards had an ASIO driver originally.

I think it would be good to have all three supported output modes available when testing MC. Otherwise you should test this on some other PC.

Hey Alex,

The input side of the playback engine has no idea what output mode is selected, so picking ASIO vs DirectSound should make no difference.

I'm wondering if there isn't a sample rate issue where your ASIO card can't support the native sample rate of the file. (where DirectSound will resample it for you)

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2006, 09:36:34 am »

Have you tried ASIO?
Now I have  :D, thanks for the link to ASIO4ALL.

All my files played fine. The two sample files (m4a and mp4) that you sent me also played fine.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2006, 10:03:37 am »

Try to make a playlist that switches from MP3 (or some other internally decoded format) to AAC MP4. In my case, on a track change I see the Haali and FDDShow icons shortly, but after that the file is not decoded internally (no internal volume etc.).

When I stop and restart playback the internal volume is available again, but this time no audio passes through ASIO4ALL. Also, the following file in the playlist (MP3) is silent unless I stop and restart again.

My other ASIO driver (Terratec, from the sound card manufacturer) behaves a bit differently. It plays audio all the time, but the track change problem is present.

Otherwise ASIO4ALL has been better on my system. I couldn't play bit perfect 5.1 channel DTS Wave files with the original Terratec driver. With ASIO4ALL these files can be decoded on my DTS receiver.

Would it be worth trying other filter combinations? I am starting to be quite confused with all these filters...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2006, 12:00:19 pm »

Try to make a playlist that switches from MP3 (or some other internally decoded format) to AAC MP4. In my case, on a track change I see the Haali and FDDShow icons shortly, but after that the file is not decoded internally (no internal volume etc.).

When I stop and restart playback the internal volume is available again, but this time no audio passes through ASIO4ALL. Also, the following file in the playlist (MP3) is silent unless I stop and restart again.

My other ASIO driver (Terratec, from the sound card manufacturer) behaves a bit differently. It plays audio all the time, but the track change problem is present.

Otherwise ASIO4ALL has been better on my system. I couldn't play bit perfect 5.1 channel DTS Wave files with the original Terratec driver. With ASIO4ALL these files can be decoded on my DTS receiver.

Would it be worth trying other filter combinations? I am starting to be quite confused with all these filters...

I tried putting a mixture of mp3 and m4a/mp4 files in Playing Now and letting them play continuously. I saw none of the problems you saw.

I also tried different filter combinations:

Haali/CoreAAC,
Haali/FFDShow
Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer/CoreAAC
Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer/FFDShow

All seem to be fine.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2006, 12:17:25 pm »

Rather strange. I see similar behavior with Real Media files too. ASIO4ALL is dead silent. I am not sure about the track switching problem. It happens from time to time.

If the output is generated completely in MC I don't understand why changing from one ASIO driver to another would change anything. The source files are standard 44.1 kHz stereo files. Both ASIO drivers can play any mixture of internally decoded file types normally.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2006, 01:46:32 pm »

I wonder if this is caused by resource conflicts, i.e. DirectShow filters vs. ASIO driver. I have no idea what I am talking about  ;D

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »

I think you have some idea.

I changed the Windows default sound device to be the integrated C-Media instead of the Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 sound card. That somehow "released" the MC > ASIO4ALL > Terratec route and now I can play DS files too. This doesn't explain why the Terratec and ASIO4ALL ASIO drivers work differently and why you can use ASIO4ALL.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2006, 12:18:02 pm »

FYI,

Probably one of my filter experiments made DirectShow incapable of playing AVI and MPG video files. I have no idea which one did it, but reinstalling Matroska "full pack" that contains FFDShow on top of the previously installed filters fixed the problem.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2006, 12:37:44 pm »

I found an excellent DirectShow EQ:

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

http://www.dsp-worx.de/

It is normally usable only with video files, but the DirectShow support in MC makes it available also for DS audio files. Currently a playlist can contain an AAC file that can use this EQ, but the next MP3 would play unfiltered.

It would be very interesting if MC could have an option for routing the output completely through DirectShow. That would make nice filters like this available with internally supported file formats too.

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2006, 11:56:42 am »

With ffdshow and iTunes installed I am able to play m4a files without a problem.  What seems to be causing a problem, however, is when MC tries to convert these files to mp3 in Media Server to send to my Netgear MP101 (a UPnP device).  No matter what I try and do, it kicks back an error saying I need to install the proper DirectShow filters.  But these files play fine when MC doesn't try and convert them!  Am I expecting too much for MC to be able to convert and stream m4a files to UPnP devices on my network??

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2006, 10:49:17 pm »

With ffdshow and iTunes installed I am able to play m4a files without a problem.  What seems to be causing a problem, however, is when MC tries to convert these files to mp3 in Media Server to send to my Netgear MP101 (a UPnP device).  No matter what I try and do, it kicks back an error saying I need to install the proper DirectShow filters.  But these files play fine when MC doesn't try and convert them!  Am I expecting too much for MC to be able to convert and stream m4a files to UPnP devices on my network??

When you play the files, does MC use DirectShow filters or QuickTime? Go to Playing Now, if Visualization is displayed it is using DirectShow filter. Otherwise it would say "Quick Time" on the command bar.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2006, 06:10:23 pm »

What is the current thinking on the 'best' filter to use for playing back .m4a audio files.  I had installed the 3ivx filter, but it was a 30 day trial and has now expired.  it sounds as if the Haali filter is pretty good, but what about DirectShow filters?

Any suggestions/warnings for me?  I need to get something installed, but don't want to mess around trying all sorts of stuff that may or may not work.

Thanks.
pretend this is something funny

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2006, 08:09:38 pm »

What is the current thinking on the 'best' filter to use for playing back .m4a audio files.  I had installed the 3ivx filter, but it was a 30 day trial and has now expired.  it sounds as if the Haali filter is pretty good, but what about DirectShow filters?

Any suggestions/warnings for me?  I need to get something installed, but don't want to mess around trying all sorts of stuff that may or may not work.

Thanks.

If you like Haali, FFDShow probably is a good choice. In fact FFDShow works with all splitters I have tried. It decodes not only m4a's but a number of other formats too.

The splitters are more likely to be problematic. None of the splitters I tried behave perfectly. See some of the earlier posts in this thread.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2006, 08:33:18 pm »

Thanks Yaboing.  Just like everything with computers, nothing's 100%.  I'll give haali a try.  I'm only using .m4a files, so hopefully it will work without a hitch.  I'll let you know if I have any problems.
pretend this is something funny

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2006, 09:44:33 pm »

When you play the files, does MC use DirectShow filters or QuickTime? Go to Playing Now, if Visualization is displayed it is using DirectShow filter.

Thanks for responding, Yaobing.  It says Quicktime when I play the files.  Do you think that could be the problem?

-Warlock

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2006, 10:01:13 pm »

Thanks for responding, Yaobing.  It says Quicktime when I play the files.  Do you think that could be the problem?

-Warlock

That indicates that your files are played with QuickTime, not with DirectShow. In order to convert to mp3, you need to use DirectShow. The way it is with your computer, you do not have the needed filters to do it. Since you have FFDShow, the problem most likely is that you do not have a splitter filter.

Your options:

1. Install Haali Media Splitter. It will work with FFDShow decoder.

2. Install 3ivx decoder pack. It has a Media Splitter, a video decoder, and a video decoder. It is trialware. So you will need to pay $6.95 after the trial expires. This pack will work by itself, but you can also choose to use other decoders such as FFDShow with it.

3. Elecard Mpg4 Demultiplexer which is installed as part of the DirectShow FilterPack mentioned by Alex in this thread.

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2006, 09:55:00 pm »

That indicates that your files are played with QuickTime, not with DirectShow. In order to convert to mp3, you need to use DirectShow. The way it is with your computer, you do not have the needed filters to do it. Since you have FFDShow, the problem most likely is that you do not have a splitter filter.

Your options:

1. Install Haali Media Splitter. It will work with FFDShow decoder.

2. Install 3ivx decoder pack. It has a Media Splitter, a video decoder, and a video decoder. It is trialware. So you will need to pay $6.95 after the trial expires. This pack will work by itself, but you can also choose to use other decoders such as FFDShow with it.

3. Elecard Mpg4 Demultiplexer which is installed as part of the DirectShow FilterPack mentioned by Alex in this thread.

I loaded the DirectShow FilterPack and that seems to have done the trick.  Thanks again for all of your help.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2006, 10:04:54 pm »

I have no clue how to fix these :

1) M4P audio files do play via Quick Time (I have to change the extension from .m4p to .aac in order to force mc to make them play via ffdshow)

2) Vis are "slow" when playing ACC files. Gforce pauses itself for half a second every 1 or 2 seconds. The same goes for internal vis and even the new spectrum analyser in MC display.

I installed the klite codec pack and tried : (using each time the Haali media splitter)
- 3ivx acc decoder (uninstalled+reinstalled in order to deactivate 3ivx aac decoder)
- ffdsow + realaac
- ffdshow + libfaad2

No difference (playback + audio analysis + fading = ok , but vis are always freezing like described)

I think it is due to MC but who know?
Is there something I should try?

And by the way .... I've been waiting for beeing able to play my aac files natively in MC for so loong, Thank you!!!
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2006, 08:50:38 am »

I have no clue how to fix these :

1) M4P audio files do play via Quick Time (I have to change the extension from .m4p to .aac in order to force mc to make them play via ffdshow)
DRM protected m4p files generally can not be played through DirectShow. That is why we do not even attempt to do so. We let QuickTime play it. If changing extension works for some or all your files, that is what you will need to do.

sabulkle

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2006, 11:20:55 pm »

I installed MC 11.1 and can play .RM stream directly in media center. However, when I try to play the url  through my sound bridge I get a directshow filter error. I have media server set to encode to MP3 for my soundbridge .  I installed FDDSHOW and the real media splitter. any ideas? Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2006, 09:07:43 am »

I installed MC 11.1 and can play .RM stream directly in media center. However, when I try to play the url  through my sound bridge I get a directshow filter error. I have media server set to encode to MP3 for my soundbridge .  I installed FDDSHOW and the real media splitter. any ideas? Thanks
What kind of filter error? Can you post your debug log?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2006, 12:18:50 pm »

Unfortunately streaming real media files can only be played in RealPlayer engine becaue the RealAudio Source filter would not handle streaming. That maybe the reason for the failure you experienced.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2006, 07:49:27 pm »

After being on the road for about 6 months--losing my entire APE-ripped CD collection due to simultaneous drive failures in my RAID and transcoding my entire lossy collection to AAC, I've returned to find MC at version 11.1.

I was excited to have native playback & tagging of MP4 audio files encoded by iTunes. I've found several threads dealing with the installation of a media splitter and ffdshow, but things are not well in playback land.

In a nutshell, the filters needed don't seem to stay loaded properly when I'm doing various activities in MC. For example, I got the Haali Media Spliter & FFDshow filters installed and loaded properly. My m4a files were playing (visualizations, importing longer than 64 character filenames, etc.) All was pretty good in the world.

I then did some operations with MC and imported some more files. Subsequently, all my m4a files were playing back with QuickTime.

I uninstalled all the filters & tried again. Everything was pretty good with the world. I noticed that some of the files I had imported were missing tags. I tried to "Update Library from Tags" and no new information came across. I then deleted the files with missing library information from the library and prepared to re-import them. They imported very quickly and I never saw the tray icons for Haali or FFDshow appear. Again, much of the tag information was not imported (notably the Genre) and they were all being decoded by QuickTime.

I found the thread about running the rgsvr32 command for the Haali splitter file and tried that--it got me back up and running faster than uninstalling/reinstalling the filters & splitter.

I don't know enough about DirectShow to be able to troubleshoot this stuff. I can't uninstall QuickTime because I know it's still needed for playing m4p files from the iTunes music store.

Any ideas on what to try to:
1) Get reliable playback of m4a files in a mixed playlist of apes, apls, m4a, mp3, m4p using DirectShow decoding?
2) Deal with the tagging problems?

Best,
Brad

MC11.1.155

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2006, 09:05:24 pm »

Is Quicktime causing problems?  Grabbing the file association?

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2006, 10:13:36 pm »

Is Quicktime causing problems?  Grabbing the file association?
I don't think it's as simple as this. Perhaps if I was playing the files from Windows Explorer, but all of my interaction (pun intended) has been through the MC interface.

When playing a file from within MC, doesn't it say, "Hey, I know how to play this file, I need to trigger this splitter, and run the audio part through this filter and route the resulting output through the sound card's ASIO system"? I wouldn't expect file associations to have much to do with it....right?

Brad

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2006, 11:56:41 pm »

I then did some operations with MC and imported some more files. Subsequently, all my m4a files were playing back with QuickTime.

Are all your m4a files encoded the same way? For example are there some of them encoded with Apple Lossless while others in AAC?

You would lose DirectShow playback if MC encounters difficulty building a DirectShow graph on a file (sometimes when it takes too long for the graph to build, MC would quit trying for the file type - until you restart MC).

Apple lossless m4a can not be decoded using FFDShow.

Have you tried MP4 Splitter filter in stead of Haali Media Splitter? I found the former is simpler and more reliable than the latter.

MC can not write AAC tags, but it reads AAC tags. It should not matter whether DirectShow or Quicktime is used.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2006, 08:54:09 pm »

Are all your m4a files encoded the same way? For example are there some of them encoded with Apple Lossless while others in AAC?
Yes. All of the m4a files are AAC. None are Apple Lossless (as long as Monkey keeps compressing! :)

You would lose DirectShow playback if MC encounters difficulty building a DirectShow graph on a file (sometimes when it takes too long for the graph to build, MC would quit trying for the file type - until you restart MC).
This is what feels like is happening. It's quite strange. As I import files using Haali/ffdshow, I can see the tray icons for those filters blinking as each file is added to the library. It makes the import process quite slow. Using MP4Splitter/ffdshow, I don't see this tray icon blinking--and the import is much faster.

Have you tried MP4 Splitter filter in stead of Haali Media Splitter? I found the former is simpler and more reliable than the latter.
I have found version 20051125 of MP4Splitter and am auditioning it as I type. It seems to be working fine, but I have not stressed it too much with switching file types. Testing will continue.

I have noticed that visualizations are slightly jerkier when playing AAC files through DirectShow than playing other filetypes.

MC can not write AAC tags, but it reads AAC tags. It should not matter whether DirectShow or Quicktime is used.
This is the most annoying & baffling problem I am currently experiencing. I'd be ecstatic if MC would read all of my tags. In a library of over 12,000 AAC/M4P tracks, nearly 2/3s of them are losing their "Genre" tag. Many have lost their names, track numbers, album tags, etc.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which files have lost information. All of the tag info appears when I import the tracks into iTunes. Some of the tracks are downloaded from the iTunes Music Store. The remainder have been encoded using various versions of the iTunes encoder (from 4.7->6.0.4) and QuickTime, but the problem tracks span all of those versions.

Most have been encoded under Windows2000. Some have been encoded on a Macintosh. Again, no patterns here.

Are there tagging utilities that I can use to see what kind of tags have been applied to these tracks? What about 'optimizing' tags. Again, aside from MC, I'm not too familiar with the Windows software world.... :(

Thanks,
Brad

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2006, 07:20:48 pm »

MC seems to not be able to read genres other than the default ones that come with iTunes.  Such custom genres includes Pop/Rock, Soft Rock, Country Rock, etc.  :'(

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2006, 07:31:21 pm »

MC seems to not be able to read genres other than the default ones that come with iTunes.  Such custom genres includes Pop/Rock, Soft Rock, Country Rock, etc.  :'(
Zounds!

You seem to have nailed the problem on the head. I was being fooled because my 'custom' genres, like Rock/Pop & Cast Recording, were still showing up in MC--however I didn't realize all the tracks where that genre showed were MP3 files instead of AAC files!

Genius!

Now what can be done to fix this?....
Brad

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2006, 01:36:16 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up