INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Starting Playback - 2 zones  (Read 929 times)

windrockwater

• Recent member
Error Starting Playback - 2 zones
« on: December 07, 2005, 08:29:30 am »

Hi All:
I am trying to get a multi-zone setup working with a new Delta 410 card using Media Center.

I have 2 independent zones setup in Media Center and they each work but only individually (not at the same time). If i start one zone then toggle to the other zone, the second zone toggled will not start playback. I get an error message "Error Starting Playback - Make sure your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured (double check output mode, output device and output bitdepth)" .

I am confused. Each zone works. I just cant get them to work at the same time.  I use the ASIO drivers to the outputs 1/2 and 3/4 on the Delta card.  I am playing WMA lossless files and thought that could be the problem. So i tried with a MP3 and still had the problem.  I left my old creative sound card installed when i installed the Delta card. For now, i am using the creative card for Zone 2 and works fine. I am frustrated i cant get the Delta card to play nice with multi-zones. Any ideas?
Sean

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Error Starting Playback - 2 zones
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:36:19 am »

Some ASIO drivers won't support multiple connections at once.

You'll probably need to use DirectSound or WaveOut for one of the zones.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

windrockwater

• Recent member
Re: Error Starting Playback - 2 zones
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 01:27:33 pm »

Is one prefereable? Wavesound vs direct? i want to use the Delta connections for 4-5 zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up