INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center with Logitech Wireless  (Read 1924 times)

mogf

• Recent member
Media Center with Logitech Wireless
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:24:26 am »

I want to get the Logitech® Wireless Music System for PC and use it with Media Center. The Logitech documentation says that the remote control will "work with any media player that supports multimedia keyboard commands". Does this include Media Center 10.0? Thanks for any advice.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Media Center with Logitech Wireless
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 09:22:36 am »

Is this the "Logictech Wireless Music System for IPod"? If not, can you provide a link to product details?

j

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 01:27:51 pm »

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2416,CONTENTID=10855

Thanks for asking. No it's not the iPod one, it's the PC one. It is available in North America but not yet in Europe. I like the Media Center way of things which puts the computer in control. The Logitech solution is in the same spirit. All the other wireless devices I have seen try to pack everything into the receiver and then use a remote control which treats the computer as just another component in your entertainment system. That seems to be going backwards.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 01:55:52 pm »

Yes, it should work. We support the Multimedia Keyboard commands. If you decide to try it, let us know how it works and if you like it.

I can't figure out how the music is being transmitted, but I think it must be taking whatever is coming out the sound card and sending that. Unfortunately that means if you can only play the same thing out of your computer speakers and your home stereo (and if you have multiple Logitech systems, they all will play the same thing).

j

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 03:15:35 am »

I will get one soon and give feedback in this forum on how well it works with Media Center.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 07:52:34 am »

Yes, it should work. We support the Multimedia Keyboard commands. If you decide to try it, let us know how it works and if you like it.
You may need to use 11.1, now in beta here.

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 12:05:24 pm »

I just got the Logitech Wireless Music System for PC and it works equally with Media Center versions 10, 11 and 11.1.081beta and the sound quality is very good (as it always is when you bypass the sound card). But there is one shortcoming: the volume slider in Media Center does not work when the Logitech is in use. In the other mainstream media players the volume slider works fine so it is a bit puzzling. I would like to upgrade to Media Center 11 but not until the volume slider works with the Logitech system. I wonder if anyone knows a fix for this?

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 03:29:58 pm »

Mogf,

Have you had any success with more recent versions of MC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 03:32:32 pm »

Try switching playback volume control.  Right click on the speaker icon to the left of the volume slider.  Choose System Volume or Internal Volume.

Galliano

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 06:24:45 pm »

Just to back up the earlier post, I have just started using the Logitech Wireless Music System for PC which is now available in the UK - and it works a treat.  It's a really simple means of streaming music from Media Center to your Hi-fi.  It's relatively cheap. And the sound is really good.

I had previously been trying to use Philips Streamium and it was just too much hassle - constantly freezing, dropping out, unable to buffer the track ahead so there were enormous gaps in playback.  The beauty of the Logitech system is it streams exactly what is being outputted from Media Center.

The instructions suggest Media Center isn't one of the media players that's compatible with the system....and that's true if you install Logitech's own software to control it. But Logitech's software is a bit rough and not necessary. Once the Logitech drivers are installed, then it appears as one of the output settings in the Playback Options. Select that...and the output of Media Center goes to your Hifi and the rest of your sounds stay on the PC speakers.

One problem - the Logitech receiver that plugs into the Hi fi has a very basic remote control for track changing (just play, pause, stop, next and previous). It's meant to work with any media player that works with multimedia keyboard controls. I haven't managed to get this to work....has anyone else used the Logitech system and had joy with the remote buttons?
Pages: [1]   Go Up