INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade to version 11 problems  (Read 1082 times)

zdaudert

upgrade to version 11 problems
« on: December 13, 2005, 11:26:23 am »

Hello -

I recently upgraded from Media Center 10 to Media Center 11 (11.0.316) and now I'm really regretting it. For those considering this 'upgrade' please see a sampling of my observations below:

iPod support is terrible (the word ridiculous was removed - let's try terrible)
I have a 20GB 3rd generation iPod that was initiated by Media Center 10 and managed through Media Center 10 for several months prior to the upgrade. Aside from the usual quirks already noted in these forums this worked fine. After upgrading to Media Center 11, when the iPod is connected to the computer the 'right-mouse' context menu for the iPod described here does not exist, instead anytime you click onto the iPod to view it's contents you get a 'analyzing portable device' message for about 10 seconds then the listing of the contents. That's the other problem. The listing view shows what appears to be sequentially numbered files rather than the expected view of song names.

Sluggishness
I have one 'master' media library on a my media server box that houses the RAID where my media files live. I then connect to this media library (rather than a locally pathed media library) from my laptop where I run Media Center. This arrangement worked great with Media Center 10, but with version 11 there is a significant delay for every move you make within the interface. For instance it's extremely slow and sluggish when scrolling through the media library and when you click into an artist it's extremely slow to load the view of files in that directory. During the wait there's a series message in the bottom 'status bar' area - something along the lines of 'preparing view' and others. I understand the the new version uses a different database for the media library. Perhaps this is related. Whatever the case it's extremely annoying.

What are the steps for 'downgrading' to version 10 and does J River give refunds?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: upgrade to version 11 problems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:51:06 am »

Please try 11.1 from this board before you make a decision.

zdaudert

Re: upgrade to version 11 problems
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 01:53:21 pm »

I'm downloading 11.1 now and will give it a try tonight. My posts keep getting edited! No wonder I can't find people with my same problems on this board!
Pages: [1]   Go Up