INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple 11.1/Audible file behavior questions.  (Read 1018 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
A couple 11.1/Audible file behavior questions.
« on: December 14, 2005, 01:42:57 am »

I was wondering if I could find out about a couple questions regarding Audible behavior with the latest version of 11.1.

1)  Can the "default" path for Audible downloads be changed?  With 11.0, it insisted on downloading everyting to the "My Documents\My Music\Audible Titles" path, which is not where I keep my Audio Library.  I keep all my audio files on a different drive with a different path, forcing me to manually move all my Audible content right after I download it.  Is there any way to change the default path in MC?  I know that the files work fine when I change the path -- it's just a matter of getting MC to use a different path by default, preferably with the ability to tell it to use the "Author" and "Book title" tag in the path just like music uses "Artist" and "Album."

(Note:  The "Artist" and "Album" tags work perfectly for Audible files, with "Artist" being equivalent to "Author," and "Album" being equivalent to either "Book" or "Show" ("Show" referring to weekly magazine type downloads.)

2)  Can 11.1 display the same "extra info" for the downloads that Audible Manager does?  With Audible Manager, double clicking on a file brings up a "detailed info" screen.  Sometimes there is no extra info on this screen, but with "Weekly magazine" type Audible files, this screen usually contains valuable extra information such as the topic of the show, recording date, guests, etc.  This information is NOT available on the actual Audible site -- it ONLY shows up in the Audible Manager on this "extra info" screen.  Does 11.1 offer this info somehow?

If not, what is the possibility that it will at some point?  This information is very valuable, and is the main reason for me to continue using Audible Manager to download rather than switching to MC for this task.  Without this information, I have no way of seeing the topic for many of my "Weekly magazine" titles.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: A couple 11.1/Audible file behavior questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 06:16:07 pm »

Regarding question #2, I spoke with Audible, but they couldn't give me any information on where the "extra" information in Audible Manager comes from -- i.e. they didn't know if it was downloaded along with the files, of it was actually "part of" the file (i.e. in some sort of tag.)  Either way, I'd be interested to know if MC is able to display this information, and if not, if there are any plans to support this in the future.

Thanks again,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 03:41:35 pm »

Bump.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 06:11:25 pm »

Does anyone know if either of the issues stated above have been addressed with the latest version of 11.1?

-- The two questions are:

1) Can the default path for saving audible files be defined by the user (similar to the way we can define the path and naming conventions when ripping CDs to mp3s)?

2) Is MC able to display the "extra" information that Audible Manager displays for some titles?  (I'm speaking of the information Audible Manager displays when double clicking on a file.)

These are essentially the only two issues that are keeping me from switching to MC for downloading audible files.

Thanks for any information on this,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up