INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Questions & suggestions  (Read 1046 times)

maruf_65

• Recent member
  • its all coming back to me
Some Questions & suggestions
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:29:13 pm »

well first of all i wanna know why the 11.1 build is still going on? r u not guys not working on v.12? if yes then why this 11.1 version? as i've found that the improves in 11.1 r mainly with the i-pod and not much more.

now i wanna see some feature in ver. 12

1. there should be an option for customizing the preview mode i mean i may preview the 1st 1/4 of 1/2 of last 1/4 or middle 1/2 etc (i've already said about this)

2. there should be 3,3.5,4,4.5 etc rating system both for songs and albums

3.now a thing on play count.i know that if i play a song in mc 50% or more then it count the no of plays of the song. but if i rename the file or put it in a different drive or folder the play count goes away i mean it again count it from the first. the thing i wanna say that there should be play count system which will wrtie a tag in the main mp3 file (like the rating things i mean if i give a song rating 3 it write a tag in main mp3 file like "media center ratin 3".) so that if any external change made the no of play count for that song doesnt change.

actually when u'll release a alpha/beta of mc12?

last of all  i hope mc 12 will be with more features and bugs free

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Some Questions & suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 01:35:26 am »

2. there should be 3,3.5,4,4.5 etc rating system both for songs and albums
I've wanted the half ratings for a long time but nothing has appeared so far.

So i made my own, create a custom field called Half ratings of Data type  decimal. I position this next to the default ratings field in playing now. If i come across a track i think that needs a half rating, i give it either 2 or 3 stars, then enter 2.5 or 3.5 in the half ratings column. This way i get to keep the ease of use of stars (1 click to rate afterall) and also a half rating if the track needs it. Half ratings are exceptions, i only enter those in, and leave blank for whole ratings.

It's a workaround, but i have this wierd feeling that we won't see half star ratings until the iPod can support it. When that actually happens is any one's guess, if ever. However if it does happen, all you need to do is copy form the half rating field to the new Ratings field and remove the custom field, so its future proof :)

Album ratings, i created my own custom field called Album Score, this holds the average of all the track ratings of an album. It's calculated manually and entered after i'm done listening to an album the first time. Album scores/ratings are very useful in quickly finding the best of's of anything. This functionality could ideally be done via a plugin, but no one has been interested in creating one to do so. I say plugin, so as to keep MC responsive during a library display. This is something you want to calculate on a periodic basis rather than in real-time.

The hard part with anything is the beginning, once you are done, adding scores for ongoing imports is routine. You do need to be attentive tho,  if you alter track ratings in the future, to reflect the changes in the album score. Little bit of hassle yes, but i've been enjoying this since v10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up