INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony PSP  (Read 1287 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Sony PSP
« on: December 22, 2005, 04:48:32 am »

Hi guys... big thumbs up for  the improvements to handhelds in 11.1! I recently 'dug out' my psp and started playing with it and MC, its fab!! Im loving the fact i can now specify the directories for different types of media... wonderful!! Just a couple of things that are probably specific to the PSP that would be nice...

*Playlists...
The PSP does support playlists but only if the playlist is in the same directory as all the music files eg. ms0://psp/music/playlist/playlist.m3u
When synching playlists to the PSP would it be possible to force MC to transfer the files to ms0://psp/music/[playlist name]/ and then follow normal naming rules for all other files??
If not then is it possible to transfer all files to ms0://psp/music/[playlist name]/ ? That way I could send albums to playlists as well and get around the issue!

*Video files...
Big thumps up for the renamable folders... this has helped massively here. The PSP supports video thumbnails and they are a 160x120 .jpg file with a .thm extension with exactly the same name as the video file. It would be wonderful if MC used the video image from the database and transferred it across as a THM file to the PSP.

*MP4 audio...
The PSP now supports MP4 audio (aac). Once again, Sony have decreed in their infinate wisdom that you must be very specific in order to get these things to play. MP4 audio must have a .mp4 extension, however MC automatically transfers this to the video directory... Am i correct that .mp4 files can be audio and/or video? I have been using faac to encode .mp4 on the fly (from wma) and transfer them, but they always end up in the video folder!! Oops!
Also... Is there a better encoder than faac? It is a bit lacking when it comes to sound quality compared to wma of the same or lesser bitrate.

Anyway... as I said, just a little food for thought on the PSP front, and well done on getting the ipod photo sorted... I have directed many a person your way now that works! Everyone I show MC to *loves* it....  ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sony PSP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 03:56:22 pm »

Thanks brainsoup :)

Currently there isn't support for the things you're requesting, but we'll revisit these when we have some time. (may be after 11.1 is released)

Thanks again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Re: Sony PSP
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 05:06:42 pm »

Ah, Ok!! I will try to remind you once you're on the way with MC12!!!  :P

Keep up the good work.. can't wait to see what you have in store for us next... i want to buy an ipod just so i can play with the coverart but I'm not to keen on the closed standard that apple have so i'm gonna wait and see what other goodies are released in 2006!!

Merry Christmas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up