INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.90 Release Candidate  (Read 8851 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.90 Release Candidate
« on: December 28, 2005, 01:56:50 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111090.exe

11.1.90 (12/28/05)

1. Fixed: Tagging errors were displayed after downloading Podcast non-mp3 files.
2. Fixed: After database import, Podcast date-stamps truncated to year-only.
3. Changed: Podcast date stamps are now stored in DATECREATED.
4. Fixed: Podcast file sizes were not checked after download, and were sometimes incomplete.
5. Fixed: After a Podcast download error, the temp file was not always deleted.
6. Changed: Previous and Next work while the player is stopped.
7. Changed: After deleting files from a file list, the "automatic" mode logic will be reapplied.
8. Fixed: Grouping tiles would not show / sort properly by date imported.
9. NEW: Added support for "Details" list of grouped items for detailed artist, album, genre, etc. lists. (experiment -- may not remain)
10. Changed: Tuned tile bordering to provide a larger image.
11. Changed: Reduced the text size of the labels on tiles.
12. Fixed: DirectX video playback could crash if next / previous was pressed while the video was loading.

11.1.89 (12/22/05)

1. Fixed: Tooltips for media modes were not correct.
2. Fixed: Some calculated fields were not grouping properly for tile views.

11.1.88 (12/22/05)

1. Fixed: Some library property menus would not work as expected.
2. Changed: Failures to play m4a, etc. with Direct Show filters through the MC playback engine get logged, but don't show an error message.
3. Fixed: "Cover Art" display could clip the edges off of some images when drawing them.
4. Changed: Root view schemes (audio, images, video, documents) can be erased if they have no files. (they'll reappear if you ever do get files of that type)
5. Changed: Removed "All & Other" from the tree.
6. Changed: "Documents" root scheme appears if there are documents imported, otherwise it isn't visible.
7. Changed: Revised some of the icons in the tree.
8. Changed: Revised Options > Startup > Location to include "Audio", "Images" and "Video".
9. Changed: Disabling album art for a handheld no longer erases art already on the handheld. (use Format / Initialize to start over)
10. Fixed: iPod and other devices would not properly detect whether they should support artwork, so they wouldn't always send it as expected.
11. Changed: Media Center no longer imports Folder.jpg files.

11.1.87 (12/21/05)

1. Fixed: Some Action Window right-click menus wouldn't act on all the selected files.
2. Changed: Pressing fast forward while rewinding time-shifted TV will resume at a normal playback speed.
3. Fixed: During DVD playback, the "Next" chapter command (click 'Next' button or use Ctrl+N) wouldn't always work.
4. Changed: Added "Edit View Scheme..." to the main Edit menu.
5. Changed: Optional list below graphical tiles uses the same customization settings as the list below the panes in a library view.
6. Fixed: Scrolling in a tiles list with the keyboard wouldn't always paint the dead-area on the bottom row properly.
7. NEW: Added "Tile Size" to the view menu when looking at a tile-style library view.
8. Changed: Toggling the bottom file list in a tile view happens faster and doesn't reset the view position of the tiles list.
9. Changed: Updated library browser navigation so that it's possible to use the history at the top to go back to the top level with one click.
10. Changed: Clicking "Files" on a library browser tile won't show the panes with the files. (since selection has already been made)
11. Changed: Imported Playlist contains all files (even if the items in a playlist were not imported).
12. Changed: ID3 tags are generated differently by default, and "COMPOSER" is now set as [ymd][feed].
13. Fixed: Ripping CD's with asian characters in the album and/or artist fields (and using MP3 encoding) wasn't working.

11.1.86 (12/20/05)

1. Changed: Revised the library header bar.
2. Changed: Removed the "All" media shortcut below the search box.
3. Changed: View schemes no longer auto-expand when clicking on them in the tree.
4. Changed: Library views only preserve last view mode (Files, Genres, etc.) when using the back button -- otherwise they revert to "Files".
5. Optimized: Increased speed of many of the iPod plugins internal workings.
6. Fixed: iPod album artwork could get out-of-step after using the iPod enough.
7. Changed: When viewing at the root of a library scheme, Ctrl+F no longer jumps to a different scheme, instead it just focuses the search box.
8. Changed: Updated to the latest LAME for MP3 encoding. (do Help > Check For Updates... to get the latest)
9. Fixed: Media Center shutdown could be delayed by Podcast download operations.
10. Fixed: pcast: URLs were copied with extra slash characters during one-click subscription.
11. Fixed: Shell extensions would fail to work when MC wasn't running and very large numbers of files were operated on.
12. Fixed: Download Manager was not working properly.

11.1.84 (12/19/05)

1. NEW: Added function FormatFileSize(...) to the expression language to make a file size readable.
2. Fixed: The encoding options page allowed the user to type in the encoding type selection box.
3. Fixed: In some cases, the undo logging (undo / redo) could catch internal file changes and additions.
4. Fixed: With the "File Properties" Action Window minimized, previous changes could get saved to new selections in rare cases.
5. Changed: Reduced the minimum column width allowable.
6. Changed: Tuned the rating column default and auto-size width.
7. Fixed: Volume adjustment iPod option should no longer occasionally appear behind MC.
8. Changed: Media Center properly detects the media type of files on a WMDM device instead of assuming they're audio. (may require device reinitialize)
9. Changed: Portable Media Center style devices support images when appropriate.
10. NEW: Added the ability to play WM Professional content as a bitstream (for S/PDIF or ASIO output). (Plugin Manager > Input > WMA > Configure...)
11. Fixed: Renaming some tree items could cause the name to appear in the tree twice until a refresh. (F5)
12. Changed: Switched default skin tree expand image to arrows instead of plus boxes. (can be changed per skin by a skinner in the "Tree" section)
13. Changed: Media modes act as "home run" type links that collapse the tree and show the selected item, but they no longer filter the tree.
14. NEW: Previous log file is saved to "Previous Log.txt" on next MC run.
15. Changed: Reworked default view scheme layout. (use Edit > Reset All View Schemes... to revert to what a fresh install would have)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.90 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 02:21:50 pm »

. NEW: Added support for "Details" list of grouped items for detailed artist, album, genre, etc. lists. (experiment -- may not remain)

Not to sound stupid, But what exactly is this?

-

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 03:09:38 pm »

6. Changed: Previous and Next work while the player is stopped.

Yes!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 03:21:44 pm »

. NEW: Added support for "Details" list of grouped items for detailed artist, album, genre, etc. lists. (experiment -- may not remain)

I have tried to figure it out .... but I am lost also.

If it (by any chance) is using grouped items in the new library view it is not working.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 03:35:47 pm »

It lets you view groupings (genres, artists, albums) as list entries just like you would with tracks.

To try it:
Click "Audio" in the tree > Pick "Albums" from the "Audio" drop list at the top left of the view > Click the "Audio" drop list again and choose Options > Details
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 03:44:27 pm »

9. NEW: Added support for "Details" list of grouped items for detailed artist, album, genre, etc. lists. (experiment -- may not remain)

Woo hoooo! A detailed listing by Album! I feel like it's Christmas all over again. This is AWESOME and much awaited - please DO NOT remove it!

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 03:56:36 pm »

Woo hoooo! A detailed listing by Album! I feel like it's Christmas all over again. This is AWESOME and much awaited - please DO NOT remove it!

I like it to.

Some remarks when looking at albums:
> Name is filles with Album name. Should be <varies> I think. (Same for Genres)
> No Album shows Empty in Album column but <unassigned> in name Column.

EDIT: it provides a nice overview. Unfortunately you can not (yet  ;)) zoom into a group. i.e. show all files of Genre = Disco.

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 04:12:01 pm »

Agree also, please keep it! Thanks.
Happy New Year to all of you!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 04:47:12 pm »

EDIT: it provides a nice overview. Unfortunately you can not (yet  ;)) zoom into a group. i.e. show all files of Genre = Disco.

Actually, you can if you have the bottom file list opened like in the screenshot here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30774.msg212216#msg212216. Just select one of the upper "genre" rows and the bottom list view shows the files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 05:46:39 pm »

This new details view is great.

The changes made to MC since the view schemes have been worked on in 11.1 are great, guys!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 07:57:47 pm »

Yes details are  8)!

Bugs:

When clicking/highliting a tile in a large list, I then switch the files below to thumbnail view and the highlited tile switches to a different tile???

The track thumnails in the lower view show the album name and not the track name

Not sure if this is a bug but after drilling down through several tiles with a search filter on, if I then remove the search filter, the results are not updated.  Is this a bug or is it just not possible?  This deffiently should be changed if possible as it allows you to not have to start your tile browsing all over again. ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 10:06:32 pm »

It lets you view groupings (genres, artists, albums) as list entries just like you would with tracks.

To try it:
Click "Audio" in the tree > Pick "Albums" from the "Audio" drop list at the top left of the view > Click the "Audio" drop list again and choose Options > Details

Wowieeeeee!, been waiting for this one, the holy grail, PLEASE keep this.

Thanks
TC

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 10:51:51 pm »

Carryover from prior builds:

Syncing 2 ipods at once destroys the progress bar displays above the action window.

Download manager attempts to start the wrong executable (Media Jukebox.exe) when MC isn't already running.  It should be calling Media Center.exe.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 01:10:34 am »

I have a view scheme "Artist/Genres/Subgenres"

The field "Subgenre" is a List (semicolon) field.

When I select a "Genre" I see in the list view below eg 3.000 files.

On that selected Genre I know click "Subgenre", so it show me all the thumbnails with Subgenre.

I now see in the list below inly 1.200 files in stead of 3.000.

If I multi select thumbnails with Subgenres, it only shows the first selected subgenre as files.

It only kind of happens when working with List fields (semicolon) 

** Edited : If in "Files" mode it's ok, it's not working properly when showing the Subgenres in "Tiles" or "Detail" mode. eg create a field with multi list values, put some files in each, create a view scheme that displays this field, show it in "Tile" or "Detail" mode, select 1 item from the list, look at the bottom list how many are shown, select the other item as wel (with ctrl), see that the list at the bottom does not change in quantity.

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 05:25:04 am »

Tiny Bug:
Library Manager has three columns...
Only two of them are used.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 07:39:15 am »

copy to clipboard (first file) no longer works.

I can't dupe this.  What file type are you using?
Give us a step by step.  Here's what I did and it works fine.
Click on File Properties in the action window.
Click on Image.
Rightclick on the coverart image displayed and choose copy to clipboard (first file).
Highlight a group of songs that don't have cover art.
Rightclick the image area and choose Paste from clipboard.
I did this for 4 albums just last night.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
Selecting multiple match in YADB during autorip.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 08:02:03 am »

When auto ripping, if MC comes across a disk that has multiple matches in the YADB, you are presented with a dialog box of the matches to choose from. However, as soon as you click on any of the matches to view their contents, MC takes off with (I think) the first one. Prior builds let you examine each of the dupes and confirm the one to use. (Option to use first match when multiple matches are found is NOT checked). Seems this just changed in .90

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
Remote Control Anti-Repeat times.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 01:20:05 pm »

Would it be possible to get some subtantially higher anti-repeat times to select from for the remote control anti-repeat value in the next build? Maybe even up to 1500ms? I'm using a Sony CD remote and it doesn't do a one-shot each time a button is pressed. Instead, it shoots a continuous stream of repeats.  Anything more than a really really quick push of the button wreaks havoc on MC. Especially when hitting play as MC will play, pause, play, pause etc.

Thanks,
Jim

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 02:36:42 pm »

When entering text in the tags info window, like for Artist and Album, it's very sluggish like some lookup is being done on the string on every new keystroke.  11.0 does have have this sluggishness at all.

Some early beta version of 11.0 had this problem and it went away....

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 05:00:04 pm »

Delete Playlist from iPod Nano does nothing but hide MC's windows behind all the other open windows on the desktop.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 05:14:35 pm »

I can't dupe this.  What file type are you using?
Give us a step by step.  Here's what I did and it works fine.
Click on File Properties in the action window.
Click on Image.
Rightclick on the coverart image displayed and choose copy to clipboard (first file).
Highlight a group of songs that don't have cover art.
Rightclick the image area and choose Paste from clipboard.
I did this for 4 albums just last night.

It appears to be working now. :-[

Probably something changed after restarting my computer.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Aldirt

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 12:35:40 am »

Hi,  i have problems with the column " Year - album". Everything slows down.
It takes up to 5 sec, when i choose an album in the library. It`s only in the file-view.
Now i choose the view-scheme "Artist/Album - Album" and all goes very fast. I hope, that`s only a bug. Bye Jens

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 01:52:44 am »

I can also report some major slowdown issues. updating views and clicking on filters/tiles etc. results in a lots of waiting around. only this build.

jmcarney

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 03:16:17 am »

"Keep orphan edisodes" in the podcast options dialog is missing a "None" option.
Cheers,
John Carney.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 08:27:50 am »

Installing 11.1.90 over 11.1.89 destroyed all of my Podcast information. The MP3 files are still there, but all of my feeds, approximately 25, have been deleted. Has this information been added to the Library backup yet?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 02:10:03 pm »

Initializing portable (ipod) semi-freezes MC.

Scenario....

Playing a song.
Decide to initialize the ipod at the same song.
The track info section at the top freezes, ie the track elapsed time and indicator stop moving.
I also can't rate the track or make any other selections in the library.
The song plays fine audibly though.

It's not a system resources issue since IE and other apps are still functioning very fast.
Performance Monitor shows that about 16% cpu usage and my available ram isn't anywhere near being maxed out.

As soon as the initialize finishes, everything updates again and I can select other tracks in the library.

Is the initialize function not multithreaded?  Can it's thread priority be reduced?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 03:43:13 am »

==
expression evaluator bug? - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30990.0
==
loading panes/tagging problems. seems to be pane specific - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31002.msg213421#msg213421
==
image editor not preserving <MJMD> tags - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30959.msg213062#msg213062
==
none (except for <empty>) of the sorting presets on offer will load. manually saved 'sorts' do load correctly.

===========

When editing fields in AW > file properties > tag info, the cursor does not change to a 'typing cursor' (??) when moved into the field that is currently in edit mode.

============

Closing MC while minimised to tray causes it to forget that it was a maximised window. When next started, MC opens in a 'restored' window.

============

bugs? depends on your viewpoint:
============
calendar preset viewscheme
load the preset "calendar" viewscheme. browse into years. 2005 is listed first, and this feels 'right'
now load up the view for the months of 2005. they display from December to January, which feels a bit wierd to me.
I'd be a lot more comfortable with January to December, wouldn't you?
There are only ever going to be a maximum of twelve tiles in this view, and my eyes and mouse went straight to the last tile expecting it to be december, only to find it was away at the top where january should have been :) It must be one of those visual things, because the theory, newest first, makes sense, it just doesn't feel right.

============

Persistant selection causes problems.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30241.0

what's the official line on this one? I'm not sure how others feel, but it feels uncomfortable to me and constantly interupts my workflow requiring me to scroll away down to the bottom of the list to find that blank bit to click in to get to the "none selected" state.

============

Please, can we get an "apply" button on the "edit viewscheme" options like there is on the customise current view options?

============

Navigation ~ Favourites ~ maybe this time around?:

Discussion?

============

Status bar irritations.
I often rate a song that's playing while I'm working with MC, or perhaps i'll correct a tagging error I've spotted on the currently playing track. The problem then is that the status bar hangs on "saving tags.. 1 remaining" and then on "done saving tag changes"
This means the usual information in the status bar is not visible. Is there any way that the tag saving status can be seperated, perhaps placing it in the far right of the status bar, allowing the usual status info to always be displayed?
If it's do-able, it would be a most welcome update at this end.

=====
-marko.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 03:50:18 am »

I'm experiencing some lag with MC lately too.  Probably since .089 at least.  The other day, I left my computer on while I was asleep so MC could encode some wav files into LAME mp3s.  When I woke up, most of the files didn't complete and I got an out of memory error.  And often, MC hangs for a really long time when I open it with the iPod docked.  As I've said before, if the iPod isn't already docked, MC will not detect it.  And yesterday, I was analyzing some files I just imported in a directory under My Computer and it would take 10-30 seconds just for 1% to move by.  Switching to the "needs analysis" smartlist, it went a little faster.  And tonight, when trying to synchronize, my computer had been on for a while and I was at work while MC analyzed some new files.  I docked my iPod after playing at work, and after a really long lag after syncing and the new files finished uploading, I found that all my cover art on the iPod was gone.  I suspect that there's a memory leak at the very least.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 06:40:38 am »

Argh.

I just installed build 90 and I get these two errors as soon as I run it:

Information
Can not start program 'C:\Program Files\Media Center 11\Media Center.exe'. Error unknown. (5)
-----
Error Starting Program
The MEDIA CENTER.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetFileSizeEx.
-----

If I try to run again, I get the second error again with this error:
C:\Program Files\Media Center 11\Media Center.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
-----

I've already tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling with no success.  Switched back to .089 and it works again.

Also, that bug that won't allow you to install because some file is in use (if you try to install after having used MC between booting and running install) has been back for a while.

gentleolas

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2005, 11:29:16 am »

I too have experienced extreme lag time.  What I notice is when I click on any album from Tree View or search, or basically anything where library sub-selections must display results.  That whole process is MUCH slower now, at least 5 second wait to select album from click on title in tree view.  (with libarary of 78k files)

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 03:17:43 pm »

If you drag an m3u playlist file to the Media Center desktop icon it launches the player but does not play the m3u file. The other mainstream players all respond by playing the contents of the m3u file. It would be very welcome if MC 11.1 had this important feature.

JONCAT

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 04:06:04 pm »

1. Quick Search function pulls no result msg up or just refreshes tiles. Main search function works fine.

2. In a view scheme the icons to switch between Automatic & Thumbnail Views does not work; you have to manually customize the view scheme.

Dr. C

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 04:10:43 pm »

audible page isnt working properly in mc. crashed when i tried to add something to my cart, and now i only get the jriver start page whenever i click on the audible site.

Having the date for the album name in podcasts is annoying. i want them grouped by the source (the name of the magazine or whatever). Could we have an option in the podcast options to do this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up