INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Favourites  (Read 1304 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Suggestion: Favourites
« on: January 04, 2006, 02:07:48 pm »

Hi,whilst recently playing with the new MC11.1 I found you could put a fovourites button on the menu bar and hotlink to certain viewschemes.

So far I have got

Audio
---------
Music Videos
Search By Artist
Search By Track
Search By Genre
---------
Videos
TV Shows

Now one thing I would like to be able to do is 'group' these viewschemes so that "Search By Artist" etc. comes as a sub-menu or folder off "Music Videos" and thus making the favourites list less cluttered.

Also when I put the playlists button on the menu all it does is take me to playlists in the tree and display all the files in any playlist. it would be nice if this opened up in the same way. Showing all the playlist groups as "folders" in a menu system.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggestion: Favourites
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 03:34:00 pm »

some more on this subject....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25674.0
MC's "favourites" system needs streamlining.

at very least, it would be nice if the refresh bug could be fixed when moving items up or down the list.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 03:47:15 pm »

ooohhhh.... just had a bit of an idea.... what about if the favourites navigated like the tree view but only shows items marked as favourites. To mark an item as a favourite all you need to do is select a "favourite" checkbox in the viewscheme prefs (e.g. under show in theatre view checkbox)

Something similar could be done with playlists - i.e. the ability to set a playlist as a favourite.

This would save the time of adding all the individual playlists/viewschemes to the favourites view - default could be to add it as a favourite and then if you dont want to see it in the navigation menu all you would have to do is uncheck a box. Root viewschemes could be unchecked (e.g. Documents) and therefore wouldn't show up at all.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 03:07:02 am »

If you could still retain the freedom to order the favorites list then that would be good.

The current problem with favorites is once you upgrade to a new build you lose it. Which is a *BIG PAIN* to setup again.

Favorites are only stored in the registry, so unless you resort to some 3rd party utils to save and restore the registry, there is no way to retain them.

Its been asked (many times) to save the favorites list during a library backup. I'm surprised this has not recd. more attention. I avoided favorites for a long time becasue of this bug, but once you get used to favroties,  its very handy.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:31:43 am »

still not got around to fixing mine since we lost media library.

The tree can get might long, mighty quick, and while I know there's always ctrl+g to collapse all, the favourites list really is an excellent way to just take you there. It's a great feature and one I'd love to see get a bit of spit 'n' polish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up