INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.91 Release Candidate  (Read 7992 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.91 Release Candidate
« on: January 02, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111091.exe

11.1.91 (01/02/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center would not run on Win9x / ME systems.
2. Changed: Added higher anti-repeat possibilities (1 second, 1.5 seconds, 2 seconds, 5 seconds) to the remote control options page.
3. Changed: Fullscreen display bars auto-hide even when the mouse is over them. (so they don't "stick" when leaving the mouse in the wrong spot on the screen)
4. Changed: Reduced the number of allowable auto-complete combobox items. (since Windows comboboxes get too slow otherwise)
5. Fixed: Album thumbnails were using the name of the first track instead of the album name as the thumbnail text.
6. Fixed: When showing the TV view, switching between display and webpages, and then going to fullscreen and back, the display would not properly reappear.
7. Fixed: Tile-style views could be much slower than expected.
8. Changed: Grouping views better handle list-style fields where a file shows under several groupings.
9. Fixed: Files that failed to upload to a device could still show in the file list until MC was restarted.
10. Fixed: CD / DVD files were not properly transferring to iPods or other handhelds.
11. Fixed: In rare cases, rotating images or using other thumbnail changing tools could cause a crash.
12. Fixed: Very large libraries could fail to load. (200,000+ tracks)

11.1.90 (12/28/05)

1. Fixed: Tagging errors were displayed after downloading Podcast non-mp3 files.
2. Fixed: After database import, Podcast date-stamps truncated to year-only.
3. Changed: Podcast date stamps are now stored in DATECREATED.
4. Fixed: Podcast file sizes were not checked after download, and were sometimes incomplete.
5. Fixed: After a Podcast download error, the temp file was not always deleted.
6. Changed: Previous and Next work while the player is stopped.
7. Changed: After deleting files from a file list, the "automatic" mode logic will be reapplied.
8. Fixed: Grouping tiles would not show / sort properly by date imported.
9. NEW: Added support for "Details" list of grouped items for detailed artist, album, genre, etc. lists. (experiment -- may not remain)
10. Changed: Tuned tile bordering to provide a larger image.
11. Changed: Reduced the text size of the labels on tiles.
12. Fixed: DirectX video playback could crash if next / previous was pressed while the video was loading.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.1.91 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:41:11 pm »

This fixed the speed issue I saw.

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:54:29 pm »

the alarm feature of the ipod still doesn't work

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 03:00:40 pm »

8. Changed: Grouping views better handle list-style fields where a file shows under several groupings.

Thanks,

Benny
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

pank2002

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 04:07:06 pm »

3. Changed: Fullscreen display bars auto-hide even when the mouse is over them. (so they don't "stick" when leaving the mouse in the wrong spot on the screen)
That's nice. Long needed. Will the mouse also automatically disappear (like in WMP)? That would be nice. (I didn't do last time I tried. One had to move the mouse 'out' of the screen)
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 05:21:13 pm »

If MC is closed any other way than File - Exit, or the Close button in the caption bar, when re-launching it launches in windowed mode. Without fail, every time.

This happens every time I have to reset for some reason and I reset with a couple programs, including MC, running, windows shuts them down, restarts, and then boots back up. When I get back to the desktop, I launch MC and it launches in windowed mode.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JaredH

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 05:48:20 pm »

Menu problem:

I'm not sure if you can tell, but that is the Podcasts context menu.
J. A. Hayslett

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 07:16:13 pm »

If you click on a artist link so that all of one artist is shown, then you pick an album and click ARTIST again, it goes into the album? I would expect this to go back a level.
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 07:25:01 pm »

If you click on a artist link so that all of one artist is shown, then you pick an album and click ARTIST again, it goes into the album? I would expect this to go back a level.

Please use the thread split from the last build. (title starts with imjustagamer)  I'll delete these messages in a bit.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 07:26:51 pm »

Menu problem:

I'm not sure if you can tell, but that is the Podcasts context menu.

You have old customized files. Erase any "Custom" folders in the MC\Data folder.  Otherwise, uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 07:30:32 pm »

If MC is closed any other way than File - Exit, or the Close button in the caption bar, when re-launching it launches in windowed mode. Without fail, every time.

This happens every time I have to reset for some reason and I reset with a couple programs, including MC, running, windows shuts them down, restarts, and then boots back up. When I get back to the desktop, I launch MC and it launches in windowed mode.

I can't reproduce.  Double-check that you're not passing in command line or Girder commands.

If you still have problems, please start a new thread. (since you're having other unique problems, an uninstall and reinstall may be in order)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 07:48:03 pm »

MC 11 is slow (unresponsive) for about 5 seconds after a fresh startup.  I noticed this in build 90 as well (the 1st 11.1 build I tried).

I have 7500+ mp3s in the library and no (none) extra plug-in installed.

To test: startup MC and move the cursor immediately over the Help menu text and it takes about 5 secs for it to highlight (clicking anywhere in MC prior to this time does nothing, MC is locked-up doing something).

This delay did NOT exist in 11.0...can this be fixed?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 07:52:54 pm »

MC 11 is slow (unresponsive) for about 5 seconds after a fresh startup.  I noticed this in build 90 as well (the 1st 11.1 build I tried).

I have 7500+ mp3s in the library and no (none) extra plug-in installed.

To test: startup MC and move the cursor immediately over the Help menu text and it takes about 5 secs for it to highlight (clicking anywhere in MC prior to this time does nothing, MC is locked-up doing something).

This delay did NOT exist in 11.0...can this be fixed?

It could be Podcasting or a handheld.  You can use logging to see exactly what MC is doing during those 5 seconds.  Let us know. (in a new thread)

Thansk.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 07:53:30 pm »

When installing this build and the last (90), you are never given the option for a Custom install (like 11.0 installs and prior all had).  I don't like the defaults and was happy to always choose Custom, can this be brought back?  BTW, I never choose that option about 'always do something' that was in 11.0 install (a checkbox or something on the license agreement screen, I think).  I promise, I never checked that option.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 08:09:42 pm »

When installing this build and the last (90), you are never given the option for a Custom install (like 11.0 installs and prior all had).  I don't like the defaults and was happy to always choose Custom, can this be brought back?  BTW, I never choose that option about 'always do something' that was in 11.0 install (a checkbox or something on the license agreement screen, I think).  I promise, I never checked that option.

On a fresh install, you pick options.  An upgrade install doesn't change skins, shortcuts, etc. so there's no need to ask the user anything.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 08:16:25 pm »

On a fresh install, you pick options.  An upgrade install doesn't change skins, shortcuts, etc. so there's no need to ask the user anything.

Hmmm...ok, so having MC auto-start after the install completes is 'forced' on the user now?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 08:17:53 pm »

Uninstall and reinstall should get you what you want.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 08:36:47 pm »

Hmmm...ok, so having MC auto-start after the install completes is 'forced' on the user now?

No.  The final screen of the installer just looks like MC now.  Press the X in the top right of the MC look-alike if you don't want to launch MC at the end of install.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2006, 08:40:47 pm »

I'm sometimes losing thumbnails with this build, and with the previous build. The cover art is still there (usually folder.jpg) and appears in File Properties/Image, but not in the thumbnail view.

Remove cover art, followed by quick find in file/cover art, usually fixes this - once. Then on the next run, a random selection of thumbnails are missing again.

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 11:14:32 pm »

Problem with 2nd gen ipod.

I think I've got this narrowed down.  Things used to work fine with my 2nd gen 20G and my (4th gen?) ipod mini.  I had MC working so I could sync them both with different settings.  I was happy.

Now, whenever I plug in my 2nd gen ipod, MC crashes.  ("ModName hh_portable.dll")  It's easy to reproduce.

1) Format the ipod in Windows
2) Initialize the ipod in MC (any of the last 10 revisions at least, including 11.1.91)
3) Disconnect the ipod
4) Reconnect the ipod
5) If MC is already running, it will crash as soon as the ipod gets mounted by Windows.
6) If MC is not running, it will crash when you launch MC.  (Splash screen is OK, then main MC window, then MC crash less than a second later.)

Ipod mini works fine, so perhaps I'm one of the last people still using an old, old gen 2 ipod?

Also (very minor observation), when I select "Initialize iPod", it sends the MC screen to the back of Windows.  Doesn't hurt anthing, it's just weird to have MC disappear mid-operation.

I'll post this in the portable section as well - not sure which thread it should belong in.

Cheers,
Fred

JaredH

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 11:36:26 pm »

I can't reproduce.  Double-check that you're not passing in command line or Girder commands.

If you still have problems, please start a new thread. (since you're having other unique problems, an uninstall and reinstall may be in order)

Ok, deleting the custom resources file I had tinkered with fixed the menu problem. I haven't tested to see if the windowed mode problem still exists. Will check it later.
J. A. Hayslett

JaredH

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 11:54:46 pm »

Another minor bug I've noticed the past few builds.

MC has developed a painting problem. Say I select a group of items from the list, they are highlighted the regular highlight color, however when I click on another part of MC, those selections should change to the secondary selected color. Occasionally they will not change to the proper secondary color until I run my mouse over top of them. Much like how the current playing track bug was causing the visual cue to not change until you moused over the track.

Hope I explained that well.
J. A. Hayslett

JaredH

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 12:00:12 am »

Man, I'm on a roll today.

The File Properties action window is doing weird things still. Say I'm ripping two brand new CDs. I put the first one in, tag everything the way I would normally tag them. Rip CD. Eject CD. Insert second CD. Look at the file properties window. Everything I input for the first CD except for the Artist and Album name, is still there. Its like it takes all of those tags, comment, genre, audio type, (some are user created fields, others are standard tags) and applies them to the new CD. Since I would normally have to go through and tag everything anyway, its not that big of a bug. But its a bug nonetheless.
J. A. Hayslett

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 12:43:58 am »

Cant play videos stored on server using remote computer. only cover art plays then message appears saying media center can't find files, or cover art playes for 5 seconds, then next videos cover art plays and that movie starts, but causes a windows error and suts down media center.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 02:32:35 am »

If I select a not 3d visualization in standerview and select a 3d visualization in the theaterview, I canīt see some albums-thumbnail.
Go to linux

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 05:14:36 am »

the smartlist: needs audio analysis, is showing all of th podcast files which havent been downloaded yet.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 07:20:48 am »

No.  The final screen of the installer just looks like MC now.  Press the X in the top right of the MC look-alike if you don't want to launch MC at the end of install.

Ok...you mean after I wait for the 5-second delay when the MC look-alike emulates MC, right?  Thanks.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 10:29:02 am »

Between starts of MC, MC forgets the last Playback display and reverts back to the primary.  I had Alternate Display setup when I excited.  Should MC remember this setting (too)?  I'm talking about what displays in then upper, center portion of the MC main window (track info, etc).

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 12:19:01 pm »

Cant play videos stored on server using remote computer. only cover art plays then message appears saying media center can't find files, or cover art playes for 5 seconds, then next videos cover art plays and that movie starts, but causes a windows error and suts down media center.

What format are the videos?

j

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 12:34:58 pm »

When playing a multiple CD album the tracks are added to playing now in track# order and not the order in the current view, for example I hit play on this double CD:

http://www.jdnet.co.uk/MC/mc11_1.jpg

And this is what I get in playing now:

http://www.jdnet.co.uk/MC/mc11_2.jpg

Is there something I have to change to get it to add the tracks in the right sequence?

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 12:43:20 pm »

12. Fixed: Very large libraries could fail to load. (200,000+ tracks)

Thank you very much. The library loaded perfectly with this build.  :)

starker

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 01:11:19 pm »

Has anyone suggested different music shuffle options such as shuffle by album or genre or artist?  Personally, I'd love to shuffle by album.

Happy New Year!
Jeremy

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 02:51:53 pm »

I noticed two issues when Media Server is running (system tray is showing the media server icon).

1. I have configured MC to start with Theater View. When I start MC, it starts in the Standard View though.

2. I have configured a custom button"Close" on Theater View main page. This calls MC11.exe /Close. This is supposed to close the MC from Theater View. However, when I click on this "Close" button, it switches back to the Standard View - seems to close and is again started back in Theater View mode.

Both of these issues are not present if I close the Media Server.

thanks,
Osho

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Discrete key for Pause
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2006, 03:53:34 pm »

Would it be possible to get a discrete key for the remote control interface for "Pause" in one of the next builds? Right now the Pause is accomplished by toggleing the "Play" key. IR sent from a Home Automation controller can't expliclty Pause playing.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up